Game Day Essendon vs Melbourne, MCG, 11/07/15 @ 1:40 PM - Changes post #396

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have a pathetic uninspired team full of passengers that is playing to have its coach removed. The only thing that will give us any hope is if James Hird is rightfully sacked before this game, and I sure hope he is. He no longer has the support of the playing group, clearly, and he doesn't have the strength or the will to do what I would do this week.

Out: Obrien, Bagley, Goddard, J. Merrett, Gleeson, Z. Merrett, Stanton, Gwilt, Kavanagh, Steinberg, Melksham, Daniher, Howlett, Cooney, Watson

In: Kommer, Pears, Fletcher, Ashby, Hocking, Giles, Edwards, Winderlich, Browne, Dalgleish, Hams, Langford, Chapman, Fantasia, Lavarde,

The team is complacent and thinks they all deserve a spot in this team. The first 13 outs are out because they need a wake up call. They didn't even make any effort to try and play the game. They are a disgrace to the club. Cooney is injured. I don't care that Watson is the captain, he has been in terrible form for at least 5 weeks and clearly isn't right, although he definitely tried, he also definitely needs a break from football. Other players may have had worse games, like Dempsey. But at least he made an effort. He ran in hard, bumped his opponents and tried to lay a tackle. He showed some sort of effort, something which the 13 players above didn't show. They all only worried about their next kick. They had no care, no confidence in themselves, or in each other. They went for the short pass, knowing that the stat sheet would show up as effective, rather than trying to actually play for the team and kick long inside the 50.

James Hird should be sacked before I wake up tomorrow. He dosen't have the strength to coach this club. Watching him in every break, the worst he does is show a little frown at his players, no matter the situation, and goes about business as usual. After that 3rd quarter, I expected to see him doing what Damien Hardwick did yesterday, physically grabbing the players and questioning their accountability. And of course when he didn't, the players didn't react, and nothing changed. In the press conferences, no matter how we performed, he always speaks in the same, lifeless tone. He seems far too relaxed with the game, not worrying too much about anything. When 3AW crossed to the press conference, I was expecting Hird to have a real, angry tone. I expected him to be furious with his players. Instead he came out, read the stock answers from the script. "We didn't play the way we wanted to play, our effort and intensity was poor." He clearly didn't have the strength to say that it was a deplorable, disgusting, despicable effort from almost every player. These failures show to me that Hird hasn't got the will, the power, to coach this team. He needs to go now.

(Hopefully) This week's Team:

ESSENDON BOMBERS:
COACH: Mark Harvey
CAPTAIN: Dyson Heppell

FB: Dalgleish - Hooker - Browne
HB: Dempsey - Hurley - Ashby
C: Hams - Heppell (C) - Winderlich
HF: Kommer - Pears - Edwards
F: Giles - Fletcher - Zaharakis
R:
McKernan - Hocking - Hibberd

INT: Langford - Chapman - Fantasia - Lavarde

Bold = Unchanged from last week (inc. coaches)

With above team: Melbourne by 20 points
With team vs. Saints: Melbourne by 119 points

(I'm aware some of the players I named as ins are injured, but we have no other players to replace the effortless passengers that aren't on the rookie list.)

We have a pathetic uninspired team full of passengers that is playing to have its coach removed. The only thing that will give us any hope is if James Hird is rightfully sacked before this game, and I sure hope he is. He no longer has the support of the playing group, clearly, and he doesn't have the strength or the will to do what I would do this week.

Out: Obrien, Bagley, Goddard, J. Merrett, Gleeson, Z. Merrett, Stanton, Gwilt, Kavanagh, Steinberg, Melksham, Daniher, Howlett, Cooney, Watson

In: Kommer, Pears, Fletcher, Ashby, Hocking, Giles, Edwards, Winderlich, Browne, Dalgleish, Hams, Langford, Chapman, Fantasia, Lavarde,

The team is complacent and thinks they all deserve a spot in this team. The first 13 outs are out because they need a wake up call. They didn't even make any effort to try and play the game. They are a disgrace to the club. Cooney is injured. I don't care that Watson is the captain, he has been in terrible form for at least 5 weeks and clearly isn't right, although he definitely tried, he also definitely needs a break from football. Other players may have had worse games, like Dempsey. But at least he made an effort. He ran in hard, bumped his opponents and tried to lay a tackle. He showed some sort of effort, something which the 13 players above didn't show. They all only worried about their next kick. They had no care, no confidence in themselves, or in each other. They went for the short pass, knowing that the stat sheet would show up as effective, rather than trying to actually play for the team and kick long inside the 50.

James Hird should be sacked before I wake up tomorrow. He dosen't have the strength to coach this club. Watching him in every break, the worst he does is show a little frown at his players, no matter the situation, and goes about business as usual. After that 3rd quarter, I expected to see him doing what Damien Hardwick did yesterday, physically grabbing the players and questioning their accountability. And of course when he didn't, the players didn't react, and nothing changed. In the press conferences, no matter how we performed, he always speaks in the same, lifeless tone. He seems far too relaxed with the game, not worrying too much about anything. When 3AW crossed to the press conference, I was expecting Hird to have a real, angry tone. I expected him to be furious with his players. Instead he came out, read the stock answers from the script. "We didn't play the way we wanted to play, our effort and intensity was poor." He clearly didn't have the strength to say that it was a deplorable, disgusting, despicable effort from almost every player. These failures show to me that Hird hasn't got the will, the power, to coach this team. He needs to go now.

ESSENDON BOMBERS:

R:

(I'm aware some of the players I named as ins are injured, but we have no other players to replace the effortless passengers that aren't on the rookie list.)
Holy Cow u make all these changes yet keep Dempsey in????

If people stopped reading 2 paragraphs then commenting, plenty of your questions would be answered.

wtf.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB : Gleeson Hooker Baguley
HB : Hibberd Hurley Dalgleish
C : Zaharakis Heppell Cooney
HF : Browne Ambrose Edwards
FF : J Merrett Giles Kommer
1R McKernan Myers Z Merrett
Int Hocking Melksham Kavanagh Daniher

Watson - needs a rest
Stanton, Dempsey, Goddard, Fletcher, Chapman, Gwitt, Howlett, Winderlich - not the way forwards for the team.
Steinberg, O'Brien - no more chances.

ESSENDON BOMBERS:

R:

YOU SHOULD NEVER POST ON BIGFOOTY AGAIN YOU MY FRIEND ARE A FOOL.

There is answer on Zach Merrett...?

I took numbers of players during the 3rd and 4th quarters who weren't trying, and I remembered some of the earlier ones by hairstyles. Possibly got it wrong. As far as I remember, he didn't try.

Where have you been for the past 37 months (non) sir?

Good Sir, I have had an account since 2005 but due to my email hacked only 3 months ago. I Have had to start a new account. I have done plenty of defending and sticking up for this club and team for the last decade. I understand your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back