Preview Essendon vs Richmond, MCG, 29/08/15 @ 7:20PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have brought in 2 forward pockets in McKenna and Chapman.

Edwards was bad last week.

What do you really expect?

Hello Bombers,
This is the sort of move that worries me, not having a lock down back pocket and struggling with the smalls, and Chappy ( your x- Geelong one, not our x-Port one) although he seems to have waned greatly this year, has routinely dominated us, so...might be closer than some suggest

Good to see McKenna get a shot and Chappy deserves a farewell game.

Steinberg, Pears, Kav best three in the twos last week and none getting a gig - all obviously de-listed, probably rightly so (maybe bar Kav?).

Melksham will play 250 games for this football club, there's not a doubt in my mind.

Don't like Edwards out, nor the fact that Laverde will be the sub.

Edwards needs to learn that he doesn't show one or two flashes of brilliance in a game and he is guaranteed a spot.

He needs to show continual brilliance consistency throughout a match and week after week.
Imagine if we applied these demands of consistency to guys who play in positions where it is actually easier to achieve.

Edwards needs to learn that he doesn't show one or two flashes of brilliance in a game and he is guaranteed a spot.

He needs to show continual brilliance consistency throughout a match and week after week.

Fair enough, but if that applies to Edwards then it should apply to everyone else too.

What did Gleeson or Merrett do against Gold Coast that Edwards didn't do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Cotchin certaintly helps.

It does help, although it's also worth noting that Cotchin was our worst player last week due to injury (so it didn't help Collingwood).

It'll be wet this Saturday, so we'll probably play a low scoring, defensive, ugly game against you guys.

It does help, although it's also worth noting that Cotchin was our worst player last week due to injury (so it didn't help Collingwood).

It'll be wet this Saturday, so we'll probably play a low scoring, defensive, ugly game against you guys.
This is us most weeks

don't be simple. it's about principle not personnel.

What do you expect? Season over, McKenna gets a gig, choppy gets a farewell, Egan trying to learn as much as he can while he's there. No use complaining.

I know it's not directly comparable but we probably dropped a couple of kids in the last round of 1992 to give the likes of S.Madden and T.Daniher a farewell game.

Didn't hurt us much going forward. ;)

It's a once off. Season is stuffed. Chappy is a champion and deserves a send off. I just think maybe someone different from an Edwards type could have made way.

Are there any potential issues with Edwards qualifying for VFL finals? Especially when there is an older (and great) player going the other way for his farewell to football?

What do you expect? Season over, McKenna gets a gig, choppy gets a farewell, Egan trying to learn as much as he can while he's there. No use complaining.
uh, i expect to see players who may be delisted and who've barely played this year. pretty obvious to give browne a run, mckenna has apparently been garbage in the 2's of late and will be signed on for next year anyway - so why not get a look at aylett? why is edwards not soaking up all the experience possible in largely inconsequential games? kav's career has flashed before our eyes this year, one poor game after being sub and he's dropped with no chance of promotion irrespective of vfl form.

chapman is not an essendon champion and doesn't deserve s**t from us, he's been paid several hundred thousand for his 10 or so good games and should be glad to get it.

'no use complaining'... fmd, what is the point of an internet football message board if i can't have a good whinge???

Last edited:
bearing in mind i've had a couple of darts and a beer with chapman (and fletcher) 2-3 months ago. so that s**t about training attitude and culture can * right off. ftr: he's a total prick of a bloke, can see why he did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back