Preview Essendon vs Richmond, MCG, 29/08/15 @ 7:20PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any potential issues with Edwards qualifying for VFL finals? Especially when there is an older (and great) player going the other way for his farewell to football?
Only player that applied to in the senior side this week was Dempsey.

I know it's not directly comparable but we probably dropped a couple of kids in the last round of 1992 to give the likes of S.Madden and T.Daniher a farewell game.

Didn't hurt us much going forward. ;)

It's a once off. Season is stuffed. Chappy is a champion and deserves a send off. I just think maybe someone different from an Edwards type could have made way.

Who though? I doubt Chappy will be able to run through the midfield much so that cancels out Melksham, Howlett, J Merrett and Zaharakis, it really was only out of Edwards and Laverde. Dempsey played well last week so couldn't drop him either.

Last edited:

Edwards needs to learn that he doesn't show one or two flashes of brilliance in a game and he is guaranteed a spot.

He needs to show continual brilliance consistency throughout a match and week after week.

I'd more say he needs to show consistent form, not continual brilliance. If he can become consistent with flashes of brilliance then we have a serious player.

When the season is completely shot, when we don't have a coach for next year, I'm neither here nor there with any changes.

The good news is Ambrose is dropped, the bad news is Melksham isn't. I call it a draw and move on.

Is that domination DNA why you're world champs at hurling and Gaelic football?

Look at sports with a well rounded athletic profile, say.. A sport like.. Boxing - a sport where speed, skill, athleticism, co-ordination, balance, etc, all come into play, this is well rounded sport. There is no comparison between the quality of fighters from Ireland, and the quality of fighters from Australia. Put simply, Ireland have the better quality fighters - and by a long shot - and they are a much smaller country. That right there should tell you all you need to know about superior athletic DNA.

Look at sports with a well rounded athletic profile, say.. A sport like.. Boxing - a sport where speed, skill, athleticism, co-ordination, balance, etc, all come into play, this is well rounded sport. There is no comparison between the quality of fighters from Ireland, and the quality of fighters from Australia. Put simply, Ireland have the better quality fighters - and by a long shot - and they are a much smaller country. That right there should tell you all you need to know about superior athletic DNA.

I was only taking the piss, and for the record my ancestors are Irish. Often when I've watched the Gaelic or hurling (albeit rarely) I hear my family name mentioned.

Pretty glad I've got something else to do Saturday night. In the back of my mind I think without Cotchin the tigers are vulnerable, like they were for the first 3 quarters last week.

But even I wouldn't touch the bombers at $7. Save it for the pies game next week.

Well I for one won't be at this game. The thought of Richmond supporters everywhere gives me nightmares. How many of them have come out of the woodwork this year? Seriously a guy at my work came to in today with a Richmond scarf on he'd just bought from the AFL shop, it still had the price tag on it.

I'm going to have to retract the statement I made above.

Two days ago my Brother In Law who's a Richmond 'follower' (not a supporter as he's come out of the closet like the rest of them and yes that's partly a crack at him being gay even though he's not) gave me s**t about Essendon. So I said 'I'm an MCC member let's go mofo! So he coming with me on Sat night.
I then asked him if he had a Richmond jumper. No he doesn't.
So then I asked him do you have a Richmond scarf? No.
Do you have a hat ffs? Nup.

So I told him if he was a good boy I'd buy him a flag and patted him on the head.

Tigers fans. seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty glad I've got something else to do Saturday night. In the back of my mind I think without Cotchin the tigers are vulnerable, like they were for the first 3 quarters last week.

But even I wouldn't touch the bombers at $7. Save it for the pies game next week.

Just on that, dont be sucked in with the pies media spin about missing goals and being right into the game by half time.

First quarter Pies 3.3 compared to Tigers 7.3,

Second Quarter Pies 3.10 ( 5 rushed behinds) to Tigers 10.6

Third Quarter Pies 6.13 6 more scoring shots v tigers 14.9 7

Last Quarter 7.14 only 2 scoring shots v Tigers 23.9 9.

They were never in it, in 3 quarters we had more scoring shots on goals, the only quarter they had more shots was the second, it was only one more but 5 were rushed behinds.

Cotchin had only 13 disposals, so with him not playing hurts but our second tier mids seem to be stepping up.

Did anyone take offence to Cotchin sitting this one out to freshen up for finals? I was mildly offended but then again I'm funny like that.
Not really.

Just on that, dont be sucked in with the pies media spin about missing goals and being right into the game by half time.

First quarter Pies 3.3 compared to Tigers 7.3,

Second Quarter Pies 3.10 ( 5 rushed behinds) to Tigers 10.6

Third Quarter Pies 6.13 6 more scoring shots v tigers 14.9 7

Last Quarter 7.14 only 2 scoring shots v Tigers 23.9 9.

They were never in it, in 3 quarters we had more scoring shots on goals, the only quarter they had more shots was the second, it was only one more but 5 were rushed behinds.

Cotchin had only 13 disposals, so with him not playing hurts but our second tier mids seem to be stepping up.

Do you have more time to elaborate on how good you guys are?

Did anyone take offence to Cotchin sitting this one out to freshen up for finals? I was mildly offended but then again I'm funny like that.

Hes not resting, he has a legit injury lol

If a Deledio or Martin also withdrew it would be obvious tigers are resting up for finals and taking the punt they have us covered. It would be classic Tigers to drop this game.

If a Deledio or Martin also withdrew it would be obvious tigers are resting up for finals and taking the punt they have us covered. It would be classic Tigers to drop this game.
Excited_Ron_Swanson.gif~c200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back