Essendon vs Richmond @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Egan speaks well and sensibly, I like his press conference. Much easier on the ear than his why-me showbiz predecessor, even if he doesn't have the golden locks.

Surprised at that crowd. Must now push Essendon out of top 5 attended clubs for years.
Yeah they've fallen away sharply Will be interesting to see how membership and crowd numbers will be for them 2016

Surprised at that crowd. Must now push Essendon out of top 5 attended clubs for years.

I was arguing with a Gold Coast Suns fan last week ...he was saying there was 14,000 fans at some games yet when you watch it in TV it appears there's 5000 there at most ...I reckon the Gold Coast and GWS are inflating their totals big time

You watch the telecast and there is more empty seats than people in GWS and GCS games

Low crowd indeed, although only 3k less than last night's match. People just don't go when the season is shot, or the weather is not favourable. Why waste money this day and age.

Just on observation. As I said before piss poor crowd
Lol, dogs 6th v north 7th going into this round, Saturday arvo at Etihad roof closed gets 37k versus Ess 15th (home team) v Tiges 5th at the G on a sht wet night gets 365 more people.

And curious, what was your crowd numbers when you played Port in round 19 when you were 4th on the ladder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was arguing with a Gold Coast Suns fan last week ...he was saying there was 14,000 fans at some games yet when you watch it in TV it appears there's 5000 there at most ...I reckon the Gold Coast and GWS are inflating their totals big time

You watch the telecast and there is more empty seats than people in GWS and GCS games
That would be the AFL inflating the numbers.

Just on observation. As I said before piss poor crowd
Just like every bulldog home game, right?
You're a top 8 yet you only beat Brisbane and the 2 clubs that have existed for a few years in average attendance.
You say it's a poor attendances yet it's 12k up from your lots average. Lmao.

Yeah they've fallen away sharply Will be interesting to see how membership and crowd numbers will be for them 2016
They will be fine, if the saga is over before the start of 2016 season, then they will be pushing for 70000 members. They have over 60000 this year, let's face it they are not Carlton.

Lol, dogs 6th v north 7th going into this round, Saturday arvo at Etihad roof closed gets 37k versus Ess 15th (home team) v Tiges 5th at the G on a sht wet night gets 365 more people.

And curious, what was your crowd numbers when you played Port in round 19 when you were 4th on the ladder?

Our crowd was just 8,000 less when the Hawks played Port on a Friday night. Your point?

On the other end of the spectrum I was at the '93 pre-seson final with the Tiges and Bombers and the official crowd was 75k, but at the time the astute observers were saying 90k easy and their was easy 10-15k turned away as i had mates who couldnt get in and said the ques up untill the second quarter were insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back