Preview Essendon vs St. Kilda @ Docklands, 19/04/14 7:40 pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, it's true.
I like Kommer because he runs about like a Jack Russell, he might not have all the talent in the world, but you cannot question his endeavour.
I think that's infectious in a team, when you see a dude throw himself about like that.
Jetta I have always defended because I was a huge fan of Andrew McLeod growing up, when they started comparing Jetta to him, I got excited, have always had the number 7 on my back since I was a kid. My defense of him hasn't always been correct, but it's taught me a lot about how to understand what a player is doing on the field as I used to watch him so carefully.

Jetta's workrate means you won't have a sore neck from watching him as he is often stationary!

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-04-17/key-quartet-return

The Bombers will be bolstered by the return of Dustin Fletcher, Paul Chapman, Paddy Ryder and David Myers who have all been named in the side to face St Kilda at Etihad Stadium on Saturday night.

The experienced quartet will replace Brendon Goddard (groin), Jason Winderlich (rested), Travis Colyer (omitted) and Dylan van Unen (omitted).

Goddard will miss the clash against his former side after suffering a minor groin strain against Fremantle, however Ryder will make his awaited return after overcoming an ankle injury in Round 2.

Click here to view the full team.

Winderlich needing a rest after 2 games is a little concerning...

Happy with those ins though. :D

Club thinking ANZAC more important than this match.

I agree, still annoying though.

Essendon
IN: Dustin Fletcher, Paul Chapman, Patrick Ryder, David Myers
OUT: Dylan Van Unen (omitted), Jason Winderlich (rested), Brendon Goddard (groin), Travis Colyer (omitted)

EMERGENCIES: Dylan Van Unen, Travis Colyer, Zach Merrett

St Kilda
IN: Josh Bruce, Jack Billings, Tom Hickey, Sebastian Ross, Adam Schneider
OUT: David Armitage (knee), Nathan Wright (leg), Beau Maister (omitted), Billy Longer (omitted), Shane Savage (omitted)

EMERGENCIES: Tom Simpkin, Terry Milera, Shane Savage

do we think Ryder is going to play, thought he only did straight line running last training session?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club apparently doesn't want him to play more than 4 games in a row (I read that somewhere)

teamround5_zpsf8fd3f4f.jpg

Sorry to intrude but:

Is Schneider past it yet?

Not in terms of skill and ability but his body has been letting him down. He is about to turn 30 so he isn't super old yet, but if he has one more injury I think it will be all over for him. He has only played 13 games over the last 2 years due to injuries. If he can stay fit he should have another couple seasons of good footy in him.

Best of luck for Saturday! You guys should win, but expect us to come out firing to try to make up for last weeks crap. Hopefully it is a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back