Preview Essendon vs St. Kilda @ Docklands, 19/04/14 7:40 pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey look, it's the exact ins and out I predicted. Me like.

Double or nothing on Ashby being sub.
I'd rather Jetta be sub. Means we have 1 quarter of his shitness rather than 3/4 quarters (barring injury)

I'd rather Jetta be sub. Means we have 1 quarter of his shitness rather than 3/4 quarters (barring injury)

on the other hand, if he plays 4 quarters and does nothing then it will unequivocally be the end

Haha, I just remember it from that time Sheeds injured himself (I think it was 06?) and Gary took over for one game and it was a draw. Against the scum I think.

Sheedy actually coached that day from the back of Box. The AFL recorded it as a Sheedy coached game.

Hey look, it's the exact ins and out I predicted. Me like.

Double or nothing on Ashby being sub.

Gleeson IMO.

Doubt Ashby plays ANZAC Day, so give him the full run then he can go out of the team.

Gleeson IMO.

Doubt Ashby plays ANZAC Day, so give him the full run then he can go out of the team.

Jetta thanks, less likely to cost us in a quarter! We can put him on when the game is won! Gleeson needs a full game!

Not happy that Winderlich has been rested. We probably still lack that lead up forward with no Goddard or Ambrose. I suspect the sub will be Jetta or Melksham.

If you accept their premise that 4 games in a row is too much for him, it's a perfect week for him to miss.

If you accept their premise that 4 games in a row is too much for him, it's a perfect week for him to miss.

Then why not rest him last week? We had buckleys chance of winning last week and it would have saved him a trip to Perth!

Exactly. Then he can attack ANZAC Day/Dogs/Lions/Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You rest players like Winderlich when the structure is 100%. It's not 100% this week with Goddard out.

You rest players like Winderlich when the structure is 100%. It's not 100% this week with Goddard out.
You still have Carlisle, Daniher, Hardingham and Chapman down there most of the time. Jobe and Zaka will probably take stints in the goalsquare as well

You still have Carlisle, Daniher, Hardingham and Chapman down there most of the time. Jobe and Zaka will probably take stints in the goalsquare as well

I don't have an issue BUT why the heck wasn't he rested last week? We were never going to win.

I mean fair dinkum there were two of the easiest bets last weekend- Lankan Rupee in the TJ Smith Stakes and Fremantle!

I don't have an issue BUT why the heck wasn't he rested last week? We were never going to win.

I mean fair dinkum there were two of the easiest bets last weekend- Lankan Rupee in the TJ Smith Stakes and Fremantle!
What's the point of bringing him in for 1 game then resting him the next? Logic was always on side of resting him in this game.

What's the point of bringing him in for 1 game then resting him the next? Logic was always on side of resting him in this game.

The same could be said about 2 games. I'd rather him be treated like Chappy/Fletch. No long travels.

I reject this premise, Bomber has been talking about how Jason has to be smarter with his body. This is being smarter with his body.

Howlett and Melksham can also play that lead up role as well.

Realistically, if we're expecting licka to be the difference against this saints side we may as well pack it in

I hope Leroy shoves it right up your jeksy this week. Has some tricks and was looking good for end of 2010. He was offered decent coin to go home and I think the Doggies also. He stayed here and played well for 2011 and 2012. Club tried to play him as a mid last year in the VFL and then bring him in. His first game was Dreamtime and he once again played as a small forward. He was not in the contest enough and seemed to have lost his mojo. Yes he's dropped his head a little bit but if he plays enough games in a row to get used to the way we've been moving the ball last year and this year he can be a very handy player and is great depth for Chappy and Winderlich who will both be given plenty of rest this year.

He certainly hasn't looked the goods for whatever reason this year and last but the way you carry on you'd think he's a spud. He is struggling for confidence and you can see that it's leading to him being hesitant around the ball and deciding where to run. He's obviously on thin ice with Edwards, Dalgleish and others coming through, not to mention Gleeson having arrived.

He certainly hasn't looked the goods for whatever reason this year and last but the way you carry on you'd think he's a spud. He is struggling for confidence and you can see that it's leading to him being hesitant around the ball and deciding where to run. He's obviously on thin ice with Edwards, Dalgleish and others coming through, not to mention Gleeson having arrived.
There is no think in this situation. He IS a spud at AFL level.

Hanging onto his "glory" years (three ****ing years ago, wow) for the slightest hope that maybe, just maybe he'll perform well and consistently at AFL level has after several opportunities been shown to be unwise.

I would much much rather give games to younger guys who will be on the list next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back