Essendon's Final Hopes

Will the Bombers be allowed to play finals this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the timing of the investigation/court finding. Can't see it being wrapped up before finals, therefore they'll play. Not sure if it's correct, but can't see how the AFL jump the gun here. They've already been punished for general incompetence.

They have an excellent run home (Sydney aside). I reckon they'll make it. God forbid they win a final or more with this saga hanging over them.
If your side finished 9th (to a lesser extent) / lost a final to them and they are later found guilty by ASADA, you'd be spitting chips.
It is going to be interesting.

Look at their draw:

Bulldogs (ES)- win
Sydney (SCG)- loss
Richmond (MCG)- win
West Coast (ES)- win
Gold Coast (ES)-win
Carlton (MCG)-win

I can't see how the AFL can remove them from finals (or Essendon volunteering to step aside either).

Last edited:
I reckon they will make it and, if nothing else comes of it, from their perspective the current court case was a good delaying tactic. All teams sell hope to the faithful.

I can't see the AFL doing anything about them this year, I'm not sure how they could justify it considering for me the punishment last year was the AFL trying to tie up their side of it.

The court case is set for 3 days yeah.. so does that mean it should all be sorted out by September? Would be dirty if they knocked your club out in finals and then ASADA smashed them afterwards

They are playing good footy at the moment so certainly will be giving themselves every chance of playing finals

They'll either make it and get smashed in the first week, or they'll get removed from the finals.

excited-baby.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on use your think brain. Even if, you think infractions and tribunal could possibly be done in 6 weeks? Hahaha that's ridiculous.

Delusional if you think Ess won't play finals if they make them
They'll play them for 1 week. ;)

I don't think they'd remove you again.
But if players are banned,boy it won't be pretty,that's for sure.

Last edited:
If it is up to the AFL, then yes, the Bombers will play finals IMHO.

Other organisations might not want that but I think the timeline is a bit too tight for them to impact on who makes the eight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back