Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players’ argument is that there was a detrimental change of rules midstream of their hearing process.
While procedural changes to the AFL Anti-Doping Code could be accepted, it will be argued that the rules regarding appeals was substantively changed after their “offence” was committed but before the hearing was held.
They will argue that the version of the code more beneficial to the player should have been applied.

What they are saying is that they took PED's because they thought it was legal.

934d8eeeb64fd65a6883d886451d3e43.jpg

What they are saying is that they took PED's because they thought it was legal.
I think it's more like, "we took PEDs, we knew it was probably dodgy, but under the old code it was going to be harder for us to be found guilty so it was worth the risk."

The only good thing that has come out of this is that insurance companies will pay for the appeal. It's always good when they get screwed. Problem is, that's offset by all of the money going to lawyers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the 34 players can knock themselves out hope it gets worse for them....please...... this can't go on forever somebody surely must step in and say enough is enough....its a sad comedy all round.

Last roll of the dice reeks of desperation. I see a snowballs chance in hell of them succeeding.
Probably right, but for Essendon's insurers the legal costs must be worth it for this shot at minimising their settlement payouts to the players that are inevitable. The players aren't paying for it, so it's all upside for them. Nothing to lose.

Last roll of the dice reeks of desperation. I see a snowballs chance in hell of them succeeding.
a win in the appeal is almost the best scenario. wouldn't that mean WADA re-issue notices and we start all over again with the threat of fresh 2 year suspensions from the date of the new guilty finding?

a win in the appeal is almost the best scenario. wouldn't that mean WADA re-issue notices and we start all over again with the threat of fresh 2 year suspensions from the date of the new guilty finding?
I don't think this would be possible.
On what basis would WADA have cause for further action? Positive tests perhaps?

It just means they all go back to the CAS, who seem to only ever change the penalty upon a revisit.

I doubt they've got much chance of that even happening.

Former Essendon player Hal Hunter plans to sue the club over its controversial 2012 supplements program.

Barrister Professor Patrick Keyzer, representing Mr Hunter, 22, told the Supreme Court that a statement of claim against Essendon would be filed in May.

Professor Keyzer later told Fairfax Media no decision had been made as to whether Mr Hunter would also sue the AFL.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/vic...ts-program-20160210-gmqeea.html#ixzz3zohQ404n
Follow us: @brisbanetimes on Twitter | brisbanetimes on Facebook

Be interesting to see how this plays out...

Desperate times.

"Let's fight it on a technicality......that will clear our names fo sho!!".

Derp.
Apparently what they did or didn't do is less important that a verdict of 'not guilty'. What they don't understand is that no one outside of their club is going to care less about a guilty verdict being overturned on a technicality. They will always be cheaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back