Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't expect anything from your naive, rose coloured glasses POV.

They were never bribed. I didn't even hint at that and never have. Their salaries are paid by the AFL because that's who employs them. You don't bite the hands that feed you and if they're getting paid more than what they were in an industry known for high salaries, when they say jump, you respond with "How high".

They would have been told to only find the Essendon players guilty if there is direct, indisputable proof that the Essendon players were injected.

So you're now suggesting that the large amount of money they were paid was not to ensure that they gave a certain decision?

Like you have in all your other posts?

How would we know?
Well we don't - but I'm saying its a less likely scenario and some of the reasoning to suggest it was rigged is a little legally flawed - that's all. Hey - I CAN be the most cynical "corporate bastards are pulling the strings" guy around - but it's not always my first conclusion. If you're talking 911 with me I become a veritable fruitloop locked in my cabin with a shotgun and gas cooker swapping stories with the Unabomber

Someone talking my language. They may have made the wrong decision but it wasn't rigged.

Tinfoil hat time: If WADA should take this to CAS and win, I wonder if the AFL could point to their own tribunal's inexperience in dealing with doping matters and the notion of "comfortable satisfaction", as a get-out clause.

I'm more than happy to defer to experienced law-talkin' guys such as yourself, and I certainly am hesitant in suggesting the fix is in...
But geez, the AFL and their recent track record make it hard! Not releasing the Dank verdict until late on Friday is just the latest example of them trying to manufacture a desired outcome IMO.
I believe that the AFL tribunal got the decision wrong, and want to believe it was an error of interpretation rather than something more sinister.

Tinfoil hat time: If WADA should take this to CAS and win, I wonder if the AFL could point to their own tribunal's inexperience in dealing with doping matters and the notion of "comfortable satisfaction", as a get-out clause.

I'm more than happy to defer to experienced law-talkin' guys such as yourself, and I certainly am hesitant in suggesting the fix is in...
But geez, the AFL and their recent track record make it hard! Not releasing the Dank verdict until late on Friday is just the latest example of them trying to manufacture a desired outcome IMO.
I believe that the AFL tribunal got the decision wrong, and want to believe it was an error of interpretation rather than something more sinister.

I would like to see an appeal.
An appeal court would actually define comfortable satisfaction for the future.

It would also determine if the Tribunal interpreted it correctly.

It may also shut a few people up!
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been wondering this week, surely the corollory to Dank getting found guilty is that Essendon are also guilty by association even if there isn't any physical evidence left? Otherwise who on earth was Dank supplying his stuff too? If he wasn't giving it to an AFL club how does the AFL Tribunal have any authority over him at all?

I've been wondering this week, surely the corollory to Dank getting found guilty is that Essendon are also guilty by association even if there isn't any physical evidence left? Otherwise who on earth was Dank supplying his stuff too? If he wasn't giving it to an AFL club how does the AFL Tribunal have any authority over him at all?

Because hird said he had used danks beauty products

I really do get the feeling that the AFL just wants this over with rather than trying to find out what happened.

What will happen now with dank?

The AFL tribunal is yet to hand down their punishment, but is there any point? The guy is about as damaged as you can get. Would anyone, in any sport even want to be seen talking to this guy? Regardless of what comes now, he's finished. You would think.

But I still expect they won't drive the final nail into his coffin. After all, if they do that - what does he really stand to lose by remaining silent any longer? You reckon if he's getting threats of legal action left, right an centre - that he's not going to play what cards he has up his sleeve? I expect it's going to be 'don't go too hard lest he does spill the beans' (on the *s, james ******* hird and on the AFL).

I doubt he has a conscience, but he still has the ability to come out swinging and take some down with him.

Just wondering what the options, betting odds are on things here. Does he get the double wet lettuce, and some sort of cash payoff?

Thoughts?

Well I'm afraid I disagree. I think it's entirely legally possible for Dank to go down and not the players. I know I'm annoying with this but I don't like arguing something for the sake of it when I actually don't believe it (even if it's nihilistic, simplistic and fun to do so).

You're right, you are annoying with this. I believe you're entirely wrong, if that's okay.

If the AFL haven't already, or aren't already working on a way to deal with WADA intervention, then they are even more arrogant than I think they are.

If the AFL haven't already, or aren't already working on a way to deal with WADA intervention, then they are even more arrogant than I think they are.

Well I certainly hope having the evidence tested by a truly independent panel is a problem they're going to face.
I'd love to see WADA bury the AFL for their meddling in this. In fact, I wouldn't mind them hammering the AFL for all their cloak and dagger bullshit we the fans have had to put up with over recent history.

There's opinion and there's downright stupidity. His is the latter.
Explain why I'm down right stupid . Oh are we still arguing? Bet you can't. Because I'm sure now you have no idea whatsoever, as to what I am saying.
So instead of being an insult chucker , tell me exactly in easily understood terms, don't go quoting other peoples commentary's out of the media . Just your own words would be good. I'm serious , don't let me down , we can't be that stupid you and me, , look at who we barrack for.

Been away looking at the surfers down Yallingup and Margaret River, beautiful weather, huge waves ( no??? only an observer me beach watching no surfing), , nice pub , so I'm mellow and calm , and today's game against the doggies was a ripper. Definite progress in the dogs camp. Hawks still not at full tilt boogie yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back