Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a job at the bombers - that open cheque book gifting policy they have when you get the ass, would be so worth it

Plus you might be able to "accidentally walk into the wrong room and accidentally assemble a thousand pages of shredded documents and accidentally hand them over to WADA"

I wonder how we would react if it was us, not them?

For all the "the players were duped" line coming out of the bombers and we should feel sorry for them - I cannot for the life of me see guys like Sam Mitchell and Burgoyne saying "sure, no problems". I've really tried to imagine that and I just don't buy that they would of gone along with it.

I would of been devastated but hopefully rational enough to believe that the club had stuffed up big time and taken it on the chin. Then again I may have turned into a rines and Echols, mxett :D

For all the "the players were duped" line coming out of the bombers and we should feel sorry for them - I cannot for the life of me see guys like Sam Mitchell and Burgoyne saying "sure, no problems". I've really tried to imagine that and I just don't buy that they would of gone along with it.

I would of been devastated but hopefully rational enough to believe that the club had stuffed up big time and taken it on the chin. Then again I may have turned into a rines and Echols, mxett :D
If brown paper bagger Judd has enough moral fibre to question said practices, then it's fair to say 16 of 17 leadership groups would say the same...

If brown paper bagger Judd has enough moral fibre to question said practices, then it's fair to say 16 of 17 leadership groups would say the same...
I keep going back to Jobe's "the players have had their eyes opened to the changes in body shape in only 2 weeks" - only weeks after Dank asked a colleague to source him 6 WADA banned substances, and had their procurement confirmed via his EFC email account.

This was before the much maligned injection program was implemented, yet even then, with these observable changes they didn't bother to ask ASADA what they were getting when it came time to get jab after jab.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Last edited:
I keep going back Jobe's "the players have had their eyes opened to the changes in body shape in only 2 weeks".

This was before the much maligned injection program was implemented, yet even then, with these observable changes they didn't bother to ask ASADA what they were getting when it came to time get jab after jab.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
More like eyes wide shut.

When I recently read that 'Hird is Essendon and Essendon is Hird', I thought to myself where does that leave Watson, Madden, the Dannihers, Long, etc
This guy, who has single-handely bought the game into disrepute. It really is so pathetic. And to think he is still coaching, is a disgrace.

If something like this happened at Hawthorn, heaven forbid, I would still follow and support my club, but at the same time, I would want all the culprits involved, and the Board that allowed it to occur under their watch, to be kicked out. Wishful thinking on my part, I don't think so.

A percentage still think he has nothing to answer for. It's hard to tell if they're the vocal minority of the vocal majority. From all available evidence, they seem to be the latter.

Just check out the thread they've got going on the Essendon board about the upcoming board election where one of the candidates, Bill Jennings, dared to say that Hird should be held to account and removed as coach.
They haven't enjoyed that one bit, to the point that Rohan Connolly has copped some ridiculously average personal abuse about his deceased brother for even daring to write an article about Jenning's viewpoint.

They're like some crazed cult.

Reminds me when Clarkson said coaches should go through a process to be accredited and Essendon supporters were taking potshots at some of his incidents like punching a wall, swearing at reporters and umpires etc. Nevermind the coach that either set up, ignored or was just plain ignorant of the injection program at the Bombers. I try to avoid the Hot Topic Board in order to keep my sanity.

When I recently read that 'Hird is Essendon and Essendon is Hird', I thought to myself where does that leave Watson, Madden, the Dannihers, Long, etc
This guy, who has single-handely bought the game into disrepute. It really is so pathetic. And to think he is still coaching, is a disgrace.

If something like this happened at Hawthorn, heaven forbid, I would still follow and support my club, but at the same time, I would want all the culprits involved, and the Board that allowed it to occur under their watch, to be kicked out. Wishful thinking on my part, I don't think so.

They all deserve each other. I have no idea how Hird has hijacked that club. I actually want him to be coach again. They are zero chance to win anything any time soon. Most overrated bunch of nobodys ever assembled, including Hird.

Reminds me when Clarkson said coaches should go through a process to be accredited and Essendon supporters were taking potshots at some of his incidents like punching a wall, swearing at reporters and umpires etc. Nevermind the coach that either set up, ignored or was just plain ignorant of the injection program at the Bombers. I try to avoid the Hot Topic Board in order to keep my sanity.
I go there to observe others complete lack of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice Little has announced that if players get banned, he will allow the members to determine the fate of Hird and the Board.

Who's he think he's kidding? The Essendon supporters don't even think they've done anything wrong. They're not likely to give Hird and the Board their matching orders, and Little knows this. Why does the Essendon FC have to treat everyone like idiots?

The Essendon supporters don't even think they've done anything wrong. They're not likely to give Hird and the Board their matching orders, and Little knows this. Why does the Essendon FC have to treat everyone like idiots?

Because they know their supporter base very, very well...

I notice Little has announced that if players get banned, he will allow the members to determine the fate of Hird and the Board.

Who's he think he's kidding? The Essendon supporters don't even think they've done anything wrong. They're not likely to give Hird and the Board their matching orders, and Little knows this. Why does the Essendon FC have to treat everyone like idiots?

The big question is what sort of stuff the AFL is made of? They have not sanctioned Hird for PED's yet, nor anyone at Essendon. If the AFL stuff this up the West Coast boo's are going to look timid in comparison.

The big question is what sort of stuff the AFL is made of? They have not sanctioned Hird for PED's yet, nor anyone at Essendon. If the AFL stuff this up the West Coast boo's are going to look timid in comparison.

Mate, the AFL are just a bunch of college puddings who scored their high salaried positions because they know someone. They are very good at creating big numbers at the bottom of a spreadsheet but have no idea whatsoever how to run a sporting competition. You would have thought in view of the speculation surrounding the drugs saga, we could have at least seen some kind of leadership by the AFL, but instead they have elected to pretend nothing happened and hoped it would all go away.

They are as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike, and yet they are now expected to adjudicate. They'd be doing their sums to see which decision will make the most money for them. God help us all.

What are west coast boos?
The loud noises that emanate from West Coast supporters over the course of any game played at their home ground.

The AFL and Essendon have had a similar dilemma from the start.

How do they kill the goose that lays the golden egg?

James Hird IS Essendon.

Essendon were never going to treat him like any other person and remove him. They'd loose half their supporter base. He's a cash cow, that has the members lining up to protect his honour.

The AFL knew that they had to try and get this cleaned up quickly, but they don't have the stones to remove Hird either for the damage that it will cost their brand, because just as the Essendon board soon found out, Hird won't allow himself to be punished...because "I'm James ******* Hird!" is a big deal.

I mean seriously they are so poorly run its not funny.

Essendon in its current form could never do back to back.

The longer the cancer James hird is at their club they will be nothing.

Bring on the popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back