Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just me or are there waay too many essendon supporting flogs in the media? I keep on seeing puff pieces on the scum in the Age and Herald sun. Meanwhile we hardly get a mention...

is it just me or are there waay too many essendon supporting flogs in the media? I keep on seeing puff pieces on the scum in the Age and Herald sun. Meanwhile we hardly get a mention...

I don't mind us not being in the paper. Keep under the radar and just go about our business.

Let the Dons take all the headlines.

But yes, there are a lot of flogs in the media, and many do support Essendon

AFL media is the bread and butter for many journo's in this town, and the reason so many of them won't go near this story, apart from to spin it in a positive light or talk about how the 'brave' players don't know what they let being injected into their stomachs hundreds of times.

You can guarantee that if this saga was happening in a rival sporting code the media wouldn't be so kind, and the players would be getting much more scrutiny for just going along with all and patting each other on the back and how great they were feeling.

I've enjoyed watching Robbo handle the whole saga. He is so obviously conflicted, trying to make out he is not. When speculation broke about Ryder leaving he was nearly crying on 360. Rohan Connolly is the same.

Caro's the only one going hard at them. Not a fan but go Caro!

It saves Collingwood getting all the off-season publicity they normally do. Lesser (just) of the two evils methinks.

I've enjoyed watching Robbo handle the whole saga. He is so obviously conflicted, trying to make out he is not. When speculation broke about Ryder leaving he was nearly crying on 360. Rohan Connolly is the same.

Caro's the only one going hard at them. Not a fan but go Caro!
Hate Caro. Whether it's benny cousins, sacked coaches, tanking or the scum saga, she's there front and centre. It's the tragedies she loves and understands. As a pure footy lover and reporter she's a boats barnacle. Be better off with Women's Weekly.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...hat-wont-go-away/story-fni0fhh1-1227163636719
FOOTBALL fans could be forgiven for thinking the Essendon drugs saga was finally, mercifully, coming to an end. Sadly, that is about as likely a possibility as me sticking to a new year’s resolution.

The reality is that the ugly controversy sparked by the Bombers’ supplements program will in all probability hijack at least another season of the AFL.

There has been much excited spin and conjecture about the case against the footballers falling apart but the prosecution of the 34 current and former Essendon players and one support staff, believed to be former Bombers sports scientist Stephen Dank, is far from over.

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal will resume hearing the case against the players, accused of using the banned substance thymosin beta-4, in mid-January and it is expected to run for two to three weeks. But that is only the first step in what is expected to be a protracted fight between the players and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority. Given the complexity of the case and the volume of evidence the tribunal will hear, it is estimated it will take the panel four weeks to hand down its decision. That would take us to early February and at that time there’s an opportunity, however remote, that the saga will be finalised if the players or ASADA accept the tribunal’s decision.

However both sides have indicated that they will continue to fight; the players and ASADA are expected to appeal if the decision goes against them.

In the case of ASADA, it will appeal even if it achieves a guilty verdict but the players are not banned for a period that is to the anti-doping body’s satisfaction.

Those close to the investigation have made it abundantly clear that they believe Essendon’s supplement program was far more sophisticated and in place for longer than the one implemented by the Cronulla Sharks.

The Sharks players received 12-month bans but the backdating of the penalty effectively reduced the sanction to three weeks. It’s hard to see ASADA being happy with the Bomber boys walking away with three-week bans.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...hat-wont-go-away/story-fni0fhh1-1227163636719
FOOTBALL fans could be forgiven for thinking the Essendon drugs saga was finally, mercifully, coming to an end. Sadly, that is about as likely a possibility as me sticking to a new year’s resolution.

The reality is that the ugly controversy sparked by the Bombers’ supplements program will in all probability hijack at least another season of the AFL.

There has been much excited spin and conjecture about the case against the footballers falling apart but the prosecution of the 34 current and former Essendon players and one support staff, believed to be former Bombers sports scientist Stephen Dank, is far from over.

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal will resume hearing the case against the players, accused of using the banned substance thymosin beta-4, in mid-January and it is expected to run for two to three weeks. But that is only the first step in what is expected to be a protracted fight between the players and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority. Given the complexity of the case and the volume of evidence the tribunal will hear, it is estimated it will take the panel four weeks to hand down its decision. That would take us to early February and at that time there’s an opportunity, however remote, that the saga will be finalised if the players or ASADA accept the tribunal’s decision.

However both sides have indicated that they will continue to fight; the players and ASADA are expected to appeal if the decision goes against them.

In the case of ASADA, it will appeal even if it achieves a guilty verdict but the players are not banned for a period that is to the anti-doping body’s satisfaction.

Those close to the investigation have made it abundantly clear that they believe Essendon’s supplement program was far more sophisticated and in place for longer than the one implemented by the Cronulla Sharks.

The Sharks players received 12-month bans but the backdating of the penalty effectively reduced the sanction to three weeks. It’s hard to see ASADA being happy with the Bomber boys walking away with three-week bans.
3 peat is on. Put the house on it!!!

There are too many people in the media full stop, Essendon or otherwise. You should feel honoured we hardly rate a mention because the media tend to focus on controversy, and if they're not talking about us, I'm happy about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are too many people in the media full stop, Essendon or otherwise. You should feel honoured we hardly rate a mention because the media tend to focus on controversy, and if they're not talking about us, I'm happy about that.

Do you not enjoy reading positive articles on the Hawks? I do, and it annoys me when I see more positive articles on the bombers than us and the other clubs. They are an absolute rable and its obviously a PR campaign by the club, using there essendon friends in the media to try and improve their image. I guess we cant have it all, but it irks me that they have some close ties in the media.

While I'm ranting, I thinks its hilarious the bombers are trying to lure Kevin Sheedy back. Its like the club are doing everything they can to appease their members by dragging all their former favourite suns back to the club. It looks like Hird will stay, but he is on a hiding to nothing now as their list isnt good enough to seriously challenge, there are too many other clubs ahead of them. They will probably make finals, but i see them no more as middle of the road. Their only A grade players will all be retired in 2-3 years. Draft sanctions will hurt, and hird will be facing a rebuild in 4-5 years time. See how all the die hard Hird fans love him then.

Do you not enjoy reading positive articles on the Hawks? I do, and it annoys me when I see more positive articles on the bombers than us and the other clubs. They are an absolute rable and its obviously a PR campaign by the club, using there essendon friends in the media to try and improve their image. I guess we cant have it all, but it irks me that they have some close ties in the media.

While I'm ranting, I thinks its hilarious the bombers are trying to lure Kevin Sheedy back. Its like the club are doing everything they can to appease their members by dragging all their former favourite suns back to the club. It looks like Hird will stay, but he is on a hiding to nothing now as their list isnt good enough to seriously challenge, there are too many other clubs ahead of them. They will probably make finals, but i see them no more as middle of the road. Their only A grade players will all be retired in 2-3 years. Draft sanctions will hurt, and hird will be facing a rebuild in 4-5 years time. See how all the die hard Hird fans love him then.

I really don't care - history will judge the Hawks for what they are. If you want to see what happens when the media constantly blows smoke up another teams arse refer to the grand final.

But I dont like reading about Sydney

Which would you rather be? The cute cuddly animal in the forest that everybody admires, writes about and takes pictures of for the papers or the apex predator that at the end of the season eats the cute and cuddly animal and finishes successful with a full belly.

Which would you rather be? The cute cuddly animal in the forest that everybody admires, writes about and takes pictures of for the papers or the apex predator that at the end of the season eats the cute and cuddly animal and finishes successful with a full belly.

I'd rather not read anything good about the scum on a regular basis. Obviously you guys don't share my hatred for essendon, and that's disappointing..

I'd rather not read anything good about the scum on a regular basis. Obviously you guys don't share my hatred for essendon, and that's disappointing..

Ha ha, I'm with you, Kamstar.
You can't hate them enough.

In fact, the whole drug saga has just reinforced and heightened my hatred for Essendon, and that has actually been satisfying!

It's hard to hate the scum at the moment when they're doing such a good job of making their own lives difficult.

It feels like finding someone hanging themselves and giving them a couple pot shots to the ribs for good measure.

It's hard to hate the scum at the moment when they're doing such a good job of making their own lives difficult.

It feels like finding someone hanging themselves and giving them a couple pot shots to the ribs for good measure.
Find it hard?
The lengths they are going through to try and stop the truth from surfacing regarding this supplements saga is fueling my hatred more every day

Get everything out in the open and answer the charges
I want the absolute truth of what took place to be known

Find it hard?
The lengths they are going through to try and stop the truth from surfacing regarding this supplements saga is fueling my hatred more every day

Pick want the absolute truth of what took place to be known

Yeah, but when the suspensions come through it's all going to be for nothing, and if they manage to get off, then I go with the good old Pulp Fiction quote:

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Find it hard?

I want the absolute truth of what took place to be known
No chance of that happening, which in itself tells me they know exactly what they were doing. I hope justice prevails with the scum, but when the AFL is involved, who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back