Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's brilliant.

That it was, but atm it's like watching a dead fish floating in the fish bowl
I still occasionally find some amusement reading delusional cult hird posts on the Bomber board.
I haven't seen my alter ego for a while - she has gone awfully quiet.

That it was, but atm it's like watching a dead fish floating in the fish bowl
I still occasionally find some amusement reading delusional cult hird posts on the Bomber board.
I haven't seen my alter ego for a while - she has gone awfully quiet.
She got banned by the Essendon mods who were sick and tired of her antics stinking up the threads on their board.

I reckon two years is fanciful now. Don't forget who sets the penalties. This will be all over in time for ANZAC Day.

Unless WADA step in (highly unlikely based on the Cronulla verdict) .. I'd be very surprised if the penalty exceeds 6 weeks.
... Comical part - Ahmed Saad gets 18 months for a caffeine-based, pre workout booster sold legally in sports stores .. Go figure

Unless WADA step in (highly unlikely based on the Cronulla verdict) .. I'd be very surprised if the penalty exceeds 6 weeks.
... Comical part - Ahmed Saad gets 18 months for a caffeine-based, pre workout booster sold legally in sports stores .. Go figure
Wasn't David Jones the same judge who gave Saad 18 months?

Personally I will be annoyed if they only get a few weeks suspension. In saying that the players and therefore the club will finally be found guilty which is the end product of cheating, that's what this sordid episode is all about.

So... On to Sammy's Brownlow...

A guilty verdict would mean Jobe isn't the fairest. I actually didn't think he was the best either that year anyway!

The difference being Saad tested positive - there was no room to move.

Agree - also he was a 1 off which was much easier to handle.
However that in my mind set a precident which ASADA needs to abide to.
Having said that I believe Saad was extremely hard done by.

I can't fathom a guilty verdict where players are allowed small penalties (unless they hugely cooperate and lead to guilty sentences for the others).

Saad was foolish, ignorant and negligent in mistakenly taking a banned substance (energy drink) on game day but ASADA have the positive test to smack him over the head with. Hence he was always going to have trouble escaping major penalty.

There are no positive tests in the Essendon saga but how they could cop a wet lettuce leaf for a club wide doping program if guilty, makes me nauseous.

Unfortunately as a player you are responsible for what enters your body and ignorance is no excuse. Don't trust the word of your Dr, exercise scientists, dieticians etc but double check the legalities of everything you are being told to take before you take them. Officially anyway. Whether players continue to trust club staff anyhow still remains to be seen.

Personally I will be annoyed if they only get a few weeks suspension. In saying that the players and therefore the club will finally be found guilty which is the end product of cheating, that's what this sordid episode is all about.

I would be more annoying towards Essendon supporters/players/staff etc at matches than the Fanatics are at the Australian Open if they are let off with little more than a slap on the wrist. Then again any suspension regardless of it being 1 week or 12-24 months they will forever be known as drug cheats and should be addressed as such. But you can bet the AFL mandate would be to never mention it again and the likes of Luke Darcy will praise the Bombers for being brave over the "witch hunt".

So... On to Sammy's Brownlow...

A guilty verdict would mean Jobe isn't the fairest. I actually didn't think he was the best either that year anyway!

If they are found guilty - he should do the honourable thing and hand the medal back.
... But then again, we are talking about Essendon .. Their denial of ANY wrong doing through this whole process is a complete joke.

Ziggy's interim report clearly stated there was an experimental culture at the club, yet Essendon deny any wrong doing - complete twits.

Regardless if the get off, they have scarred our game forever ... Things will never be the same

What about the Casey player who copped 18 months for importing PEDs (fat burning product). The drugs were intercepted by customs before he even got a hold of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guilty is guilty..

You're not 'less' guilty because the evidence is different.

Either they are guilty, and get the punishment, or they're not guilty, and get nothing...

What about the Casey player who copped 18 months for importing PEDs (fat burning product). The drugs were intercepted by customs before he even got a hold of them.
Yeh that's the case I always fall back on when trying to rationalise this whole saga (to myself). That guy didn't get within 20km of his stuff & still copped 18 months & did so without all the tears, fanfare & media crap that the scum have created.

These cheats systematically abused any number of banned substances (I say any number because it seems they don't even know) with the stated intent of quickly bridging the gap between them & other clubs (me paraphrasing - I forget the actual lines from the texts), then destroyed the evidence in an attempt to hide it. That's after being warned off their programme by the AFL at some stage & maybe even tipped off by the AFL regarding the investigation...

I hope they have 20-odd players suspended & we demolish them by 300 points.

Guilty is guilty..

You're not 'less' guilty because the evidence is different.

Either they are guilty, and get the punishment, or they're not guilty, and get nothing...

the point I was making is that he tested positive so there was no option other than to suspend so the scenarios are completely different.

The Casey player no doubt had it addressed to him, paid for by him and more than likely signed off and collected it.

Bomber players have none of the above as far as we are aware

Most of australia know they are guilty;
The club knows they are guilty;
The players know they are guilty; but they still have to prove that.

So thats TB4 accounted for, what about the original scripts for TB alpha and Thymomodulin.
Surely they are available to clear the players?
Ah yes . . . well charters must have imported them too :p

There is allegedly a trail of prescriptions for some of the other stuff they gave the players. No idea if it is prohibited stuff or not but the process behind getting those prescriptions sounded very dodgey and against medicare rules.

the point I was making is that he tested positive so there was no option other than to suspend so the scenarios are completely different.

The Casey player no doubt had it addressed to him, paid for by him and more than likely signed off and collected it.

Bomber players have none of the above as far as we are aware

Most of australia know they are guilty;
The club knows they are guilty;
The players know they are guilty; but they still have to prove that.

Yeah, but the type of evidence won't change the punishment. The post you were responding to mentioned it was the same judge who gave Saad 2 year, your post implied (or seemed to, I may have misinterpreted) that the length of suspension could be different because of a positive test gave no room to move. If you were referring only to a guilty or not guilty decision, I agree. But any suspension will not be affected by the lack of a positive test, if they are found guilty.

Yawn!:confused:.....As one newspaper wag put it, parroting T.S.Elliot, This'll all end in a whimper!
If it does end in a whimper any residual respect I have for the AFL will be trash. And I will always see ASADA as a joke. Integrity is vital in sport and I know I will become disinterested (in even Hawks games) if the AFL and ASADA fail to uphold it.

If it does end in a whimper any residual respect I have for the AFL will be trash. And I will always see ASADA as a joke. Integrity is vital in sport and I know I will become disinterested (in even Hawks games) if the AFL and ASADA fail to uphold it.

Why???....Who gives a shite about Essendope anyway?....And how does any of it impact us anyhow?

We are in the midst of a glorious era & all this side-show crap serves as mere gist for the newspaper mills!

ASADA, as a subsidiary govt entity is in it's infancy & packs little if any punch!....And as for the AFL & integrity????....I present to thee the past 20 years, as the people's exhibit one!

Drawing a long bow at an analogy but here goes.

The evidence is like a murder charge- what can the prosecutor get to stick; murder or manslaughter.

Do we have the concrete evidence for murder or do we prosecute for manslaughter as we are more confident these charges will stick?

Why???....Who gives a shite about Essendope anyway?....And how does any of it impact us anyhow?

We are in the midst of a glorious era & all this side-show crap serves as mere gist for the newspaper mills!

ASADA, as a subsidiary govt entity is in it's infancy & packs little if any punch!....And as for the AFL & integrity????....I present to thee the past 20 years, as the people's exhibit one!

Ironic, isn't it. They are as low as we are high. (Don't take that the wrong way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back