Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I swear I heard something on the radio this morning about Hird suing his insurer over them refusing to cover his legals in the failed court proceedings against ASADA...
Lol-Fail-XD-kristalovepercy-30837977-750-600.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear I heard something on the radio this morning about Hird suing his insurer over them refusing to cover his legals in the failed court proceedings against ASADA...
Lol-Fail-XD-kristalovepercy-30837977-750-600.jpg
Seriously, Hird is deluded. I'm sure the policy wording is pretty clear about what kind of legal activity it would cover and that I find it unbelievable that an insurance company would offer cover that allows individuals to take legal action against other parties (at least not without pre-approval). IF they did pretty much everyone who had that insurance and any sort of reason to take someone to court would do it knowing their costs are covered win lose or draw. That is complete against the philosophy and the business case for offering insurance.

Seriously, Hird is deluded. I'm sure the policy wording is pretty clear about what kind of legal activity it would cover and that I find it unbelievable that an insurance company would offer cover that allows individuals to take legal action against other parties (at least not without pre-approval). IF they did pretty much everyone who had that insurance and any sort of reason to take someone to court would do it knowing their costs are covered win lose or draw. That is complete against the philosophy and the business case for offering insurance.
If only Tanya had of read the policy disclosure statement instead of taking notes.

If I was an insurer, faced potentially with substantial claims from, say, 25 players who have been suspended for 6 months to 2 years and have lost their livelihoods - multi million dollar claims - and given that this players would be bringing action against the club's coaches, directors and other senior management - including club doctors - all of whom are covered under the club's insurance policy - and given that those claims will potentially fill the courts for a few years - and bearing in mind there may be further regulatory action brought against the clubs personel by the government for serious breaches of health and safety workplace laws - all of which are also covered by the club's policy - I'd probably burn a half mill or so on an appeal to try and seek an order that the initial proceedings taken against the players was invalid or ultra vires.

Ah yes, I said many months ago that an insurer would not have agreed to pay James Hird's legal bills on pursuing the federal court matter. The above poster thought I was wrong. I guess the current claim by Hird against his insurer would suggest that I was right!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back