Europe and Dubai HELP!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Okay guys, I'm struggling here.

I've just booked a flights over to Europe with a stop over in Dubai on the way home.

Firstly, Dubai: Are the Karama markets still running? If not, where else, if anywhere, can I go to do my shopping? Chasing them high quality fakes obviously. If it's all been shut down, that's okay - a bummer, but okay - I'll just have to find something else to do in a city buzzing with life. Any recommendations for things to do, places to go?

I'm heading to Europe, planning to see some friends in Sicily/Italy and maybe Spain for a bit then go and see some other places like Amsterdam, Prague and hopefully somewhere in the Swiss Alps for a bit of snowboarding. My problem is knowing where to go in the Swiss Alps. Seems like there's a plethora of towns and villages with nearby alps that you can ski on. But I need to know of the good/cheap ones for someone who is a beginner. I pick things up quickly but I won't be doing tricks and s**t in the amount of time I intend on spending.

If no one has any suggestions in Switzerland feel free to make suggestions for other places in Europe to go skiing. I hear France is pretty good too?

Thanks in advance!

Use italotreno.it for your train bookings in Italy, or you can book through voyages sncf. fast trains run from Salerno up to Milan and Venice and other cities.

Fast trains in Spain are really expensive, so avoid them if you can. Buses are affordable between 25€~30€. Traveling through Spain is more expensive than Italy - Italy is really cheap to be honest.

As for skiing - no idea. I came back a day ago.

Karama is still open.
The government here keeps saying they are cracking down but doesn't seem to be achieving much.
Yes! You little beauty!!

Last time I went I asked the cabby to take us to the Karama markets and he was like "what? What do you want to go there for?" And we, knowing full well it was illegal trade, were like "umm... to look, get some lunch maybe" and he was like, "oh you mean Karama fish markets?" and then we just went with that cos we heard they were close by so we decided we'd just walk.

So would you say a cab to the fish markets is the best way of getting there? Is it hugely frowned upon by the locals or is it only the cops that care?

Oh and one more thing if you don't mind, I heard that during lunch it closes for because the police often raid it around midday, is that a thing or no?

Okay guys, I'm struggling here.
and hopefully somewhere in the Swiss Alps for a bit of snowboarding. My problem is knowing where to go in the Swiss Alps. Seems like there's a plethora of towns and villages with nearby alps that you can ski on. But I need to know of the good/cheap ones for someone who is a beginner. I pick things up quickly but I won't be doing tricks and s**t in the amount of time I intend on spending.

If no one has any suggestions in Switzerland feel free to make suggestions for other places in Europe to go skiing. I hear France is pretty good too?

Thanks in advance!
Lauterbrunnen -a quiet village south of Interlaken http://www.myswitzerland.com/en-au/lauterbrunnen.html
http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/
The most amazing place I have ever been to.
http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotel...ations-Lauterbrunnen-Hotel_Oberland-BR-1.html
The owner is a Aussie, great bloke but cheaper accommodation down the road at the caravan park
https://www.facebook.com/SkydiveXDREAM1
Skydiving over the alps is like 24 black birds flying outta ya bum ;)

Yes! You little beauty!!

Last time I went I asked the cabby to take us to the Karama markets and he was like "what? What do you want to go there for?" And we, knowing full well it was illegal trade, were like "umm... to look, get some lunch maybe" and he was like, "oh you mean Karama fish markets?" and then we just went with that cos we heard they were close by so we decided we'd just walk.

So would you say a cab to the fish markets is the best way of getting there? Is it hugely frowned upon by the locals or is it only the cops that care?

Oh and one more thing if you don't mind, I heard that during lunch it closes for because the police often raid it around midday, is that a thing or no?

Taxis here are hit and miss. They should know Karama, just tell them you want to buy copy watches or clothes.
People here are fully aware of what they sell. I think these "crackdowns" are mostly talk.
Shops close at lunchtimes mainly because it's also prayer time.
Fridays in particular most places only open after 2. Other days will vary.
Is better going late afternoon/early evening anyway because it's cooler.
Also don't be afraid to haggle - the prices are way inflated

Dubai is an amazing place, I was there 4 or 5 months ago. Make sure you check out Dubai mall and Emirates mall ( the indoor ski slope is cool). Go up the Burj Khalifa, it has a pretty amazing view. Also try to get a night time desert safari in, riding on the dunes in a 4 wheel drive is an experience.
If you have enough time get a taxi for the day out to Abu Dhabi (it's about an hour away, but is only like a $50 taxi fare). There you can check out the gold mosque, that has gold everywhere and is amazing. Or go to Yas Island and check out one of the theme parks or the race track

Remove this Banner Ad

Back