Euthanasia

Remove this Banner Ad

I did not display any homophobic intolerance either. Disagreeing with the amount of focus given to a gay marriage campaign isn't homophobia, and calling it that to me just shows how people go overboard when there is any criticism of campaigns for minority groups, which is a point I have made in the past.

We have Double jeopardy, presumed innocent before proven guilty and convicted beyond a reasonable doubt to protect people from the state.

I really don't want to give the right for the state to end lives.

Denton will argue that if the safe guards in place then I don't have anything to worry about.

Political climates change, and who knows what people will do in the future with euthanasia laws.

For me, any Euthanasia is for a tiny minority but the risks are too big.
I can't see where you get the idea the state gets the right to end lives?
It is about the right of the individual to end their own life, in a dignified, manner.

I can't see where you get the idea the state gets the right to end lives?
It is about the right of the individual to end their own life, in a dignified, manner.
It's the sort of stuff the people of the religious right, who seek to deprive us of choice and want to run our lives, dredge up when their position is utterly bereft of anything cogent or accurate. Baseless fear campaigns are all they have left.

Not sure about end,but a person I used to work with has DNR on his medical charts
DNRs or NFRs are very different to euthanasia though. I'm willing to bet though that there would be a lot of people with DNR/NFRs that would take the euthanasia route if it was available rather than waiting in pain for the inevitable end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, you could use that argument against Medicare if you were desperate enough.
Still don't see the link.
Some people will use unrelated scare tactics to press their point in the absence of a valid argument.
Mainly the inbred religious types.

The diary of the MND sufferer in their final days was confronting. This is the sort of torture being inflicted upon society by religious "morality".

Its not religion to blame. I have considerable lived experience including personal discussions with an mp trying to legalize this. You can't have kids thinking they can get at the assets sooner with euthanasia. It's a sad fact of life. But as I posted earlier, the system has allowed for the genuine ones

Its not religion to blame. I have considerable lived experience including personal discussions with an mp trying to legalize this. You can't have kids thinking they can get at the assets sooner with euthanasia. It's a sad fact of life. But as I posted earlier, the system has allowed for the genuine ones
How do the kids convince the medical professionals to bump off the parents?

It's a massive part of the picture.

Family first are a problem in a lot of things.

As I said, no gov in its right mind will introduce laws that can take elder abuse into murder. When it happens, and it will with euthanasia laws relaxed, s**t will hit the fan. That is the problem. Educated people will tell you what happens inside families over assets of dying relatives.

As I said, the current law is easily worked if you're fair dinkum. The palliative care professionals are also very well trained in when and where to share how the law can be worked. I have lived experienced here.

Family first are a problem in a lot of things.

As I said, no gov in its right mind will introduce laws that can take elder abuse into murder. When it happens, and it will with euthanasia laws relaxed, s**t will hit the fan. That is the problem. Educated people will tell you what happens inside families over assets of dying relatives.

As I said, the current law is easily worked if you're fair dinkum. The palliative care professionals are also very well trained in when and where to share how the law can be worked. I have lived experienced here.
How do you pump up the tyres of the medical care professionals with one sentence and write off their role in determining the viability for euthanesia in another?

A family won't be able to wheel dad into the suicide booth and put the $5 in, if the doctor(s) don't agree then it is over.

My parents were heavily questioned about abusing me when I was little because I used to run into things, lots of bruises. Medical professionals feel overwhelming responsibility to their patients and you implying that they will be stupid bystanders rubberstamping vile actions without comment is insulting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back