Evening Squires

Remove this Banner Ad

jlew

Draftee
Jul 22, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi all,

I've joined this forum as I have a few questions about how the AFL is structured which I don't understand. Anyway a bit about myself first.

I'm from the UK and became interested in Aussie Rules in the late 1980s when there was a weekly highlights show on Saturday morning "Free to Air" TV. You could say that I was a bit of a glory hunter and adopted the Hawks as my team. This show stopped after a couple of years and my interest fell a bit. About 3 years ago I noticed that the AFL was shown on the UK satellite channels I received and I became hooked again. It was good to see the Hawks still flying. I obviously jumped on the right band wagon.

I know precisely no-one who is in the slightest bit interest in Aussie Rules other than a lady from work who is Australia obsessed. However all she knows is the Grand Final is a big thing and is in September.

That's it for now, but if someone could suggest the best thread to post my questions I would be grateful.

Thanks

Jason
@1ugarte30

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Jason,

If I was you I'd be posting in this introduction thread on the Hawthorn board and letting them know who you are. There'll be a number of people there who'd be more than happy to answer a few questions for you and make you feel welcome. Out of all the club boards on BF, I find it's one of the best-run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back