Prediction Events that are unlikely to occur next year but you still think they will.

we suddenly draft what we have been missing for a couple of years, that turns our fortunes around

a ranga, we just aren't the same team without one

google_this

Debutant
Feb 28, 2008
Moe
AFL Club
Geelong
Chris Scott to re-sit grade 3 maths and realise 43 players are unable to fit into our "best 22".

Then Chris Scott to use his credit earned in "maths 101" and continue his education into a Grade 4 media studies to provide one media conference where we hear a coach and not the Swiss Army General talking about the pains of sitting on a fence.

Moneypenny

Team Captain
May 29, 2014
The Pimms Tent
AFL Club
Geelong
Even though the ultimate success is more of a bonus rather than the reason I follow the Cats, I'd love for Geelong to make the GF next year. Grand finals have taken a dip in excitement and quality since 2011. I'm looking forward to opening the alcohols more than the game today.

We will have 5 fit ruckman to pick from, Dawson Simpson will be our n1 choice and be a terrific contributer.

Mark Blicavs will be played on the wing and terrify the likes of Bradley Hill and co

Mitch Brown and Jared Rivers will hotly contest the 3rd key back man position, and Brown will win
That second one crashed and burned big time.:D;)

speedybundy

All Australian
Jun 12, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
That second one crashed and burned big time.:D;)
Oh wow, I literally couldn't have been further wrong with all three predictions... At least they were 'unlikely' :D

Actually Blicavs did play on the wing, and may have terrified Hill from sheer shock of seeing his match up. I'm paying that one

So I nailed this one.

For 2015:
Geelong misses the finals.
Are you more confident going into next season, that last years prediction will not ring true and we will have fit ruckmen to pick from at the selection table?

Are you more confident going into next season, that last years prediction will not ring true and we will have fit ruckmen to pick from at the selection table?
Well we have about eight of them now, so the chances of still having none available have dramatically reduced.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
All of these are failry predictable, but.......

1. Dawson Simpson and Hamish McIntosh to play less than 20 games between them.
2. Geelong to finish no higher than 7th.
3. Chris Scott to promise a magical rejuvenation of form late in the season.
4. Every loss to be attributed to a heavy training load.
5. Jansen, and Kolodjashnij to play less than 10 games between them.
6. Geelong to be no closer to solving the ruck problem by the end of 2015.

Back