Everton to loan players to CCM

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good stuff for the Mariners. I wonder if this will be the start of a trend in the coming years. Perhaps this was part of the reason or thinking the foreign player limit for squads wasn't reduced.

"Central Coast Mariners has sealed an alliance with Everton that will see the English Premier League side loan two members of its U-21 squad to the Gosford club next season."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/02/03/mariners-forge-player-deal-everton

Good idea in theory. We have some handy u21 talent who would be more than capable of playing here but I wonder how many of them CCM will see ?? The best are loaned out to better leagues than here or kept for FA/League Cup squads.

Maybe they'll be players that have little interest from other clubs?

Do you guys have any young Aussies on the books?

Not at this point no.

Maybe a few of the squad might want to come down here for some sun and beach therapy then? :)

I doubt any that we would deem loanable to CCM would be good enough to play in the A-league. The Tyas Browning equivalents who are capable of breaking into the first team down the track are likelier to be loaned out to a championship/league one club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back