Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBrownDog is you haven't seen ep 7 of Cosmos yet I suggest you get onto it. Firmly but gently refutes the 6000 year old Earth claim with the flick of the wrist, giving it exactly as much respect as it deserves. It's a thing of beauty.

Watched it yesterday the second it hit usenet. I don't * around with Cosmos ;)

Was just reading some reviews. So many of them are rife with "was that cheap shot about the age of the earth really necessary" Christian apologism.

Baseless, patently untrue ideas deserve to be mocked. Sick of the undeserved pedestal that religion occupies.

The battle against leaded petrol and the oil industry story was nicely done too. Perfect case study to get people ready for a deeper look at climate change (and the subversion of science by special interest) that is no doubt on the way in a coming episode.

The battle against leaded petrol and the oil industry story was nicely done too. Perfect case study to get people ready for a deeper look at climate change (and the subversion of science by special interest) that is no doubt on the way in a coming episode.
Yep, very clear segue to a climate change episode at the end of that one.

With all due respect and sympathy to the families of the MH370 victims, I can't help but wonder if the tens of millions of dollars being spent on the recovery effort could be better spent on the still living.

I probably went a bit early on this last time, but surely it's getting close to "let it go" time.

I certainly see your point, but gee there has been so many twists and turns, that I really want to know what happened....Still won't surprise me if it landed somewhere.

I do feel its is a waste of time looking any further in the Indian Ocean....its not there imo and never was.

Public Service Announcement:

Watch Rick and Morty

Figure out a way to download Rick and Morty, and then watch Rick and Morty.

Ten episodes so far. All bar #7 are freaking ridiculous good.

Added this to my ever-growing "To Watch" list then promoted it instantly to the top when I saw it was made by Dan Harmon (the Community guy).

Just watched the first episode and laughed hard. Will keep watching.

Intelligent and low brow humour combined. Love it.

How can those vomity burps get funnier each time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Added this to my ever-growing "To Watch" list then promoted it instantly to the top when I saw it was made by Dan Harmon (the Community guy).

Just watched the first episode and laughed hard. Will keep watching.

Intelligent and low brow humour combined. Love it.

How can those vomity burps get funnier each time?
It gets much better too.

I'm Meeseeks, look at me!

Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind has been my favourite so far.

Refresh my memory: is that the one with David Cross?

EDIT: No it isn't.

Map.jpg

Even though I know it is more than likely that this will end up being total rubbish I still can’t help but be excited about this.

Really is awesome having the original cast involved.

Going to be super difficult avoiding spoilers for a year and a half

Refresh my memory: is that the one with David Cross?

EDIT: No it isn't.

Watched the episode tonight where Snuffles the dog became super intelligent. Absolutely brilliant laugh out loud stuff.

"Where are my testicles Summer?"

“Snuffles was my slave name. You shall now call me Snowball, because my fur is pretty and white.”

I can see Abrams being more suited to the Star Wars universe than the Star Trek one (As a non-trekkie, I really liked both of his Trek movies... the only trek movie I liked before that was Wrath of Khan.)

Throw in how good Disney has been for the Marvel cinematic universe and they seem to be getting the Muppets right now, it's hard to imagine how they can screw it up.

But then again, 15 years ago I still thought George Lucas was a genius and couldn't see how he would get the prequels wrong... hindsight is a bitch.

Have been watching The Trip to Italy which is the sequel to Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon's The Trip from a few years ago. Absolutely brilliant and nearly as good as the original which was as close to television perfection as you can get.

If you haven't seen any of it, start with the original 6 episodes of The Trip. There is no way to really explain the show and make it sounds as wonderful as it is. Just have to put it in the "trust me... watch it!" category.

A couple of snippets out of context from the original...

I can see Abrams being more suited to the Star Wars universe than the Star Trek one (As a non-trekkie, I really liked both of his Trek movies... the only trek movie I liked before that was Wrath of Khan.)

Throw in how good Disney has been for the Marvel cinematic universe and they seem to be getting the Muppets right now, it's hard to imagine how they can screw it up.

But then again, 15 years ago I still thought George Lucas was a genius and couldn't see how he would get the prequels wrong... hindsight is a bitch.
Yeah I have no doubt that (unlike Uncle George) they will get the surface tone stuff absolutely spot on. It will be very cool and very Star Wars. And there will be truckloads of awesome tie-ins and connections with the original trilogy.

But it can never have the same impact as the originals, and I’m not sure JJ actually has a great history as a film director. I think the Star Trek movies got a lot of the above cool stuff right, and they were good but they felt like fairly generic science fiction movies with the Trek mythology bolted on. Sending your ship through a black hole to go someplace different is both really clichéd sci-fi and totally out of place in a Star Trek universe.

Having Kasdan on board seems very sound, just gotta wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back