Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Very keen to avoid any leaks/spoilers as well. Going to be hard though. I wonder if they plan on using any of the Expanded Universe stuff. I haven't read any of it, but a work colleague is fanatical.

It's just came out that only the movies and the Clone Wars series are considered as canon under Disney. Stuff like the EU, Force Unleashed games and my particular favourite - The Old Republic are being shifted to an imprint and not considered canon anymore.

Apparently some inspiration is still being taken though....

I wanted Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Abrams said a while ago he wasn't going to do that story arc because it was just recycling old characters but does the recent casting revelations mean that he might be reconsidering?

I love the Thrawn character so much that they could completely dispense with the Zahn plotlines as long as they keep the character.

Stirling Mortlock spoke to the students at my school today and he was not only a great speaker, but he came across as a really good fellow. I think me and some of the other teachers were more excited than the students to have a legend like Mortlock speaking at our Friday assembly, but he managed to win the audience over with his good humour and the message he delivered about goal setting and perseverance. Handled a question about why the Welsh rugby side were so good with a laugh and a lot of style.

LEGEND!

Have been watching The Trip to Italy which is the sequel to Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon's The Trip from a few years ago. Absolutely brilliant and nearly as good as the original which was as close to television perfection as you can get.

If you haven't seen any of it, start with the original 6 episodes of The Trip. There is no way to really explain the show and make it sounds as wonderful as it is. Just have to put it in the "trust me... watch it!" category.

A couple of snippets out of context from the original...

Deploying another clip from The Trip, chosen for James North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haa haa. The meritocracy duking it out.

Best cartoon I have seen.

david+rowe+toga+party.jpg

Followed by the best headline.

nt+news.jpg

I wanted Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Abrams said a while ago he wasn't going to do that story arc because it was just recycling old characters but does the recent casting revelations mean that he might be reconsidering?

I love the Thrawn character so much that they could completely dispense with the Zahn plotlines as long as they keep the character.

Flattered.

Of course, it'd be interesting to see the reaction if any of the Lions players ever came out as gay.

You'd hope the reaction would be "Meh, as long as he plays good footy."

Of course, it'd be interesting to see the reaction if any of the Lions players ever came out as gay.

You'd hope the reaction would be "Meh, as long as he plays good footy."

I'd like to think they're entitled to their sexual identity regardless of their level of football competence.

Oh man, ******* devastated to hear of H.R. Giger's passing. His work had a profound effect on me growing up. He was a huge part of one of my favourite movies in Alien, and one of my all-time fave albums in To Mega Therion by Celtic Frost, that album cover scared me off for so long but always had this pull over me. It was magical. I also went to one of his Giger bars in Switzerland, in Gruyeres, it was incredibly surreal and awe-inspiring. I always felt that him and Tool shared some sort of kindred connection even though they never formally worked together, would have been incredible if they did.

God damn that is one sexy cover. Good night, sweet prince.

TO_MEGA_THERION.jpg

Oh man, ******* devastated to hear of H.R. Giger's passing. His work had a profound effect on me growing up. He was a huge part of one of my favourite movies in Alien, and one of my all-time fave albums in To Mega Therion by Celtic Frost, that album cover scared me off for so long but always had this pull over me. It was magical. I also went to one of his Giger bars in Switzerland, in Gruyeres, it was incredibly surreal and awe-inspiring. I always felt that him and Tool shared some sort of kindred connection even though they never formally worked together, would have been incredible if they did.[\QUOTE]

I remember when I heard this track from Celtic Frost for the first time when I was a kid of about 8 listening to it with the lights out, that it scared the s**t out of me:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back