Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Also thank Giger for my early interest in phallic objects. ;)

One story I heard, was when he was detained by customs in swiss airport, because they thought he had photos taken inside a secret government installation - His airbrushing technique was so flawless. He said to customs "where would I have taken such photos, hell?"

Hi guys, this Sunday I'll be participating in the MS Fun Run and I'm hoping some of my fellow Lions fans will help support me :). One of my close friends is deeply affected by this debilitating illness and he was diagnosed with it at only 22. I'm not the most prolific poster compared to others but this forum has helped me enjoy football even when things have not been great.

My link is below:

http://register.mswalk.org.au/2014-MS-Walk-and-Fun-Run-Melbourne/AndrewMazzallo

Even the smallest of donations would be massively appreciated. Thank you :).

Have been watching The Trip to Italy which is the sequel to Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon's The Trip from a few years ago. Absolutely brilliant and nearly as good as the original which was as close to television perfection as you can get.

If you haven't seen any of it, start with the original 6 episodes of The Trip. There is no way to really explain the show and make it sounds as wonderful as it is. Just have to put it in the "trust me... watch it!" category.

A couple of snippets out of context from the original...

I thought the second series was quite a bit better. I found the first one a bit awkward between what was setup and what was improvised. The second was a bit repetitive though.

I thought the second series was quite a bit better. I found the first one a bit awkward between what was setup and what was improvised. The second was a bit repetitive though.

Coogan opening his ego up for full inspection in the first series was pretty courageous television. Obviously it was an exaggerated caracature but it was anchored in reality.

The second season felt a little like Brydon wanting a chance to chance to play Coogan's "guy in personal/career crisis" role from S1 and felt a fraction contrived. Splitting hairs though. Both brilliant. The second had a pretty epic existential undercurrent though which is right up my alley.

Coogan opening his ego up for full inspection in the first series was pretty courageous television. Obviously it was an exaggerated caracature but it was anchored in reality.

The second season felt more like Brydon wanting a chance to play the "guy in personal crisis" role and felt a fraction contrived. Splitting hairs though. Both brilliant. The second had a pretty epic existential undercurrent which is right up my alley.

I never really bought into the drama that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never really bought into the drama that much.

The drama was just a convenient backdrop for the character exploration which is pretty damn nuanced. Without that, it's just blokes eating food and doing impressions (which would still be damn watchable).

The drama was just a convenient backdrop for the character exploration which is pretty damn nuanced. Without that, it's just blokes eating food and doing impressions (which would still be damn watchable).

Yeah I liked the balance of the more meaningful scenes, the intelligent humour and the less intelligent humour.

Random polite request:

World Cup starts in nine days and I will be watching a lot of it on tape when I get home at the end of the day. There'll probably be a lot of people in that situation.

Just in case anyone remembers, it'd be cool if people could refrain from spoilers during the day. As in, 'we're going to ream GWS just like Switzerland reamed Ecuador this morning' or suchlike.

I'll be abstaining from most sports websites but I probably won't be able to stay away from this one.

Just in case anyone remembers.

Random polite request:

World Cup starts in nine days and I will be watching a lot of it on tape when I get home at the end of the day. There'll probably be a lot of people in that situation.

Just in case anyone remembers, it'd be cool if people could refrain from spoilers during the day. As in, 'we're going to ream GWS just like Switzerland reamed Ecuador this morning' or suchlike.

I'll be abstaining from most sports websites but I probably won't be able to stay away from this one.

Just in case anyone remembers.

I'd be happier if people went the whole hog and didn't mention the bloody World Cup whatsoever!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back