Everyday Simpsons references

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is up for a game of Virtual Darts?

"Homer, don't be offended, but I've obtained a court order to prevent you from planning this wedding."

and one of my favourite lines ever in the Simpsons

I rode the teacups, then I got a little sick and I had to sit down. But then, I rode them again.

:D:D:D:D

"Homer, don't be offended, but I've obtained a court order to prevent you from planning this wedding."

*peruses documents*

"Well these all seem to be in order... I'll be out back in the hammock."

BTW....How the hell did you remember that date????

No one can be that big a fan ;)

That in itself is freaky

Nah, saw it on another forum. ;)

When I turn on the tv to find something crappy on: Ohh, Night Boat - the crime solving boat.

And then when someone wants me to turn it off: But [name], Night Boat!!

Also use this one a fair bit (except with the persons name instead of Ned): Oh Ned, you so crazy!

When I turn on the tv to find something crappy on: Ohh, Night Boat - the crime solving boat.

And then when someone wants me to turn it off: But [name], Night Boat!!

I use a Night Boat quote when there's an obvious ending to a tv show or movie:

"Oh, every week there's a canal. Or an inlet. Or a fjord."

Once i was waking up a mate after a night out so we could go get the train back to our respective places, and as he stirred he said:

What's wrong? House ran away? Dog on fire?

I nearly collapsed of laughter. Would have put this up earlier but was reminded by him of it only last night, had completely forgotten.

And another line my brother and i use when some bogan on tv is crapping on about immigration and closing the borders:

Know what gets me about dem immigants? They want all the benefits of livin' in Springfield but they don't even bother to learn demselves the language!

Yeh those are exactly my sentomonies.

*incoherent Barney drunk talk*

Yeh you said it, Barn.

And then when someone is confused and struggling to understand something that the rest of us are finding fairly simple:

LE GRILLE? what the hell is that?

When Mr. Burns, Smithers and Homer fly to cuba with the the trillion dollar bill.

Homer "Mr. Burns i think we can trust the President of cuba"

Mr. Burns hands it over "OK, now give it back!"

President of Cuba "Give what back"

Can use it both ways, no trusting someone or when someone asks for something back.

CAUSE WHEN YOU STICK YOUR HAND INTO A PILE OF GOO, THAT WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND'S FACE! YOU'LL KNOW WHAT TO DO! FORGET IT MARGE! IT'S CHINATOWN!

No real everyday use here, i just say it often especially the final 5 words.

The other day in Perth we got on the loop bus, had time to kill and decided to see the city. Got to the end of the line and my mate pulls out 'Should've got off in Crackton.' Good laughs

There was a club we thought was a car dealership, when we found out it was a club
"What kind of car dealership plays hot jazz music at midnight"
"The best damn car dealership in town!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the most important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. Someone telling a long and boring story, whip this out when they're finished. Works a treat to get a big laugh.

So then I said to the cop, "No, you're driving under the influence... of being a jerk." Use this on a cop, they'll let you off for sure.

Just yesterday I saw my favourite Simpsons episode ever, "Homer at the Bat", where the Major League Baseball players join the softball team at the Power Plant.

And just last night, 2 of my mates were arguing about who's the better batsman, Sachin Tendulkar or Brian Lara, and I interjected at one point "LORD PALMERSTAN!". Luckily one of them knew what I was going on about and he yelled back "PITT THE ELDER!".

Not really a line, but the noise Groundskeeper Willy makes when he gives his thumbs up when changing the hand towels in the student bathrooms (in the episode when Lisa does the study on Francine, the nerd bully) is one I always use. "GAAHAA!" *Thumbs up*

These are some I remember using...

Im in IT so get to use this one quite a bit after someone says something long and smart..Oh, so they have Internet on computers now.

Always try to get Troy Mclure in..Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about!

Save me, Jeebus.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book “To Kill A Mockingbird” and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds!

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel.

Donuts. Is there anything they can’t do?..for different things

What’s the point of going out? We’re just going to wind up back here anyway.

DONT YOU HATE PANTS!?

Wish my memory was good enough to use more!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back