everyone needs introductions

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheesh wilbur15 is werner. I never picked it.

Mods we need lots of new beer smilies if wilbur15 is going to keep up his quality posting over here. The world cup is only months away and I know which poster to watch in the discussion threads.
G'day pal. Is/was/part of wilbur 15 but no more. It's my brother-in-law's account that we sort of shared on the rare occasion that we visited here. When I pressed TPFP around midnight, to see all doom and gloom, well I was hardly in any shape to create an account here, reckon beer #25 put an end to that! lol

Absolutely shattered with the demise of TPFP, and I feel like I've lost a limb, being our awesome, tight little soccer family we had there! Just when I was about to have a blast as Die Mannschaft take home the trophy as well!!!

Having a look around here but I keep getting lost, so many different features and functions. Where do I go to take a piss?

Cheers

Hi all made the journey here from TPFP. Many of you will remember me as tool. A new site & a new beginning :)

G'day pal. Is/was/part of wilbur 15 but no more. It's my brother-in-law's account that we sort of shared on the rare occasion that we visited here. When I pressed TPFP around midnight, to see all doom and gloom, well I was hardly in any shape to create an account here, reckon beer #25 put an end to that! lol

Absolutely shattered with the demise of TPFP, and I feel like I've lost a limb, being our awesome, tight little soccer family we had there! Just when I was about to have a blast as Die Mannschaft take home the trophy as well!!!

Having a look around here but I keep getting lost, so many different features and functions. Where do I go to take a piss?

Cheers

Welcome aboard werner don't worry its all pretty easy once you work your way around. One good feature is you can cut and paste a youtube video link and it automatically embeds it into the thread. The smilies aren't as good. You can cut and paste an image straight from another site which is a lot easier that TPFP as well. Take your time and have a good look around. There are soccer boards as part of big footy plus their is their sister site http://www.bigsoccer.com/

Just go to http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/ and you will see all the different boards. There are 2 soccer ones on here ie

1. Association Football (Soccer)
    Sub-Forums: 6
    Latest: Football Betting ThreadSM, 11 minutes ago
    RSS
  2. Football Australia

I was going to leave the option of making up a general Football discussion thread on the black diamond board to Werner but if he wants me to make it so we can talk about A-League & the World Cup I can as I made the cricket one too.

I know Rhys who joined up yesterday will want a place to talk about the Reds road to finals.

Boxx loves the Box!!! LOL!!!

I was going to leave the option of making up a general Football discussion thread on the black diamond board to Werner but if he wants me to make it so we can talk about A-League & the World Cup I can as I made the cricket one too.

I know Rhys who joined up yesterday will want a place to talk about the Reds road to finals.
Go for it buddy. I see that there is a 'round ball code talk' thread already in the black diamond forum, and I didn't even get to finish page 1. Similar to the soccer forum very early on at TPFP where we had all the soccer haters that couldn't resist having a crack at the game, posting just utter s**t. It took a little while but they all got howled down in the end, and we were left with a real tight-knit family that genuinely loved the game. I fair dinkum couldn't be bothered going through all that again. Gonna miss my mates...

Go for it buddy. I see that there is a 'round ball code talk' thread already in the black diamond forum, and I didn't even get to finish page 1. Similar to the soccer forum very early on at TPFP where we had all the soccer haters that couldn't resist having a crack at the game, posting just utter s**t. It took a little while but they all got howled down in the end, and we were left with a real tight-knit family that genuinely loved the game. I fair dinkum couldn't be bothered going through all that again. Gonna miss my mates...

You'll get there Werner. One door closes another door opens. You've got mates you haven't met yet

Hi all, like many TPFP'ers I have made the move over, forgot I signed up to BF in 2011 until I entered my email and was told it was already being used on this site!! Not a massive poster, just a massive Port fan. Have the same name here as did on there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I mentioned in the TPFP closure, I have been registered on this site for a few years now but very few posts. My first post on here were to spadge in relation to some DVD's he had - great viewing these as well as werners Herb video.

Chose Garibaldi Red after the round ball club of choice, so with a new name comes a new avatar (especially after reading the rules re: scantily clad pics) so sorry for all of those who like to gawk at the avatar in TPFP. This one brings back some great memories.

As I mentioned in the TPFP closure, I have been registered on this site for a few years now but very few posts. My first post on here were to spadge in relation to some DVD's he had - great viewing these as well as werners Herb video.

Chose Garibaldi Red after the round ball club of choice, so with a new name comes a new avatar (especially after reading the rules re: scantily clad pics) so sorry for all of those who like to gawk at the avatar in TPFP. This one brings back some great memories.

I remember getting you that photo op mate! What's with this "draftee" nonsense!

Good to see all the familiar names over here BTW!

I remember getting you that photo op mate! What's with this "draftee" nonsense!

Good to see all the familiar names over here BTW!
You start off as "draftee" or "rookie", then progressin rank as you earn trophy points for milestone posts, likes received etc. Or you can subscribe and create your own rank. TThat's as I understand it.

You start off as "draftee" or "rookie", then progressin rank as you earn trophy points for milestone posts, likes received etc. Or you can subscribe and create your own rank. TThat's as I understand it.

I assumed the progression part, I just noticed some recent joiners with more impressive titles - they must've subscribed.

I assumed the progression part, I just noticed some recent joiners with more impressive titles - they must've subscribed.
500 points for a 2:1 like to post ratio will progress you pretty quick. Like and be liked.

And you get promoted to All-Australian if you comment on every post that's ever been posted. Right, grosh?

Just kidding. Can't insert emoticons from my phone

And you get promoted to All-Australian if you comment on every post that's ever been posted. Right, grosh?

Just kidding. Can't insert emoticons from my phone

I got no idea, Ant. When I first joined here in '09 I think you had to post 30 posts to get past the rookie stage. I posted 30 or 40 the first year, but then stopped posting as I was only on satellite internet and my email service with the provider use to fill up with notification emails from BF..so I just use to post on TPFP, and just lurk here. I noticed my ranking use to change over time from I think Team Member or something to Senior Member..to Team Captain and now All Australian. No idea about it at all

I got no idea, Ant. When I first joined here in '09 I think you had to post 30 posts to get past the rookie stage. I posted 30 or 40 the first year, but then stopped posting as I was only on satellite internet and my email service with the provider use to fill up with notification emails from BF..so I just use to post on TPFP, and just lurk here. I noticed my ranking use to change over time from I think Team Member or something to Senior Member..to Team Captain and now All Australian. No idea about it at all
A simple "no comment" would have sufficed. Lol.

Sorry mate. I was attempting to have a good-natured dig at you. No offence meant.
Carry on.

No Ant, when you posted ' a simple no comment would have sufficed' I posted No Idea as in 'a simple no idea comment would have sufficed' Not offended in the least, and I like good- natured digs. Carry on Ant Bearing :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back