Everything Off-Season in Domestic Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

He averages 24.77 in FC cricket and hasn't lacked wheels whenever I've seen him.
Yeah, last time I saw him he and Cutting were playing and was definitely bowling as quickly as Ben.

I don't understand QLD's treatment of McDermott. Did he tell them early in the season he was planning a move? Or is he just a tool?

I don't understand it either but I've heard the reason he couldn't get a gig under Stuart Law because his father and Law don't get on well.

I don't understand it either but I've heard the reason he couldn't get a gig under Stuart Law because his father and Law don't get on well.
That makes Law sound pretty darn unprofessional. What kind of coach worth his salt would do something like that?

That makes Law sound pretty darn unprofessional. What kind of coach worth his salt would do something like that?

Well he was a s**t house coach. I really don't understand how McDermott wasn't getting more games.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I'm sure it's well known, but Law was also the reason that Shane Watson's first class career began in Tasmania - he went back to Qld as soon as Law packed up and went to England.

Apparently Law would captain the dickheads team of guys who would've played a lot more for Australia but for the fact they were douche bags (with Brad Hodge the VC).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile the Australian team had a no dickhead policy enforced by Warne and Hayden

The team was like 80% dickheads. the policy was actually 'No, Dickheads!'

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm sure it's well known, but Law was also the reason that Shane Watson's first class career began in Tasmania - he went back to Qld as soon as Law packed up and went to England.

Apparently Law would captain the dickheads team of guys who would've played a lot more for Australia but for the fact they were douche bags (with Brad Hodge the VC).

Read the mighty Ronnie Irani's book after seeing it at the library, thought it'd would be a good read for obscurity value. Anyway, he claims Law did not take well being second in charge to either himself or Hussain at Essex and was the cause of a lot of tension in the dressing room. Dunno how much to read into it as you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette but there's been a few stories out there about him from wherever he's been employed (the Watson incident, was a bit of fricition between the players and coaches in Bangladesh).

7th team to be added to Matador Cup
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/cric...ne-day-cup-competition-young-stars/2015-05-12

The introduction of a new team, called the CA XI, is a two-year trial, with the squad comprised of players from around the country who narrowly missed out on selection by their respective states.

The squad will be chosen by State Talent Managers and guided by the National Selection Panel, with an eye to fast-tracking the development of promising players.

HOW IT WORKS

- Six states choose their 15-player Matador One-Day Cup squads

- The State Talent Managers and NSP then pick the CA XI squad from the remaining unselected players

- Troy Cooley to coach, Graeme Hick to assist

- Matador Cup to run in its tournament format as it has done in the previous two seasons

Back