Sport Everything Soccer

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a long time coming so I'm not too mad. The worst bit about it is that we're going to lose Charlie Austin :(
Despite the rumours, there is no chance he comes to us. We are set to sign Ings on a free, we won't go after both Ings and Austin.

Surprised you struggled so badly this season, you had assembled a pretty solid squad on paper.

Quite possibly could've started 10 weeks earlier to offer a reasonable distraction from the shite that is the AFL season in 2015, but it's a relief the Premier League is only days away. Man Utd v Tottenham is a very solid season opener (real one, not the Shield thing!) at a rare civilized time of night.

Oh, and in case anyone missed it, here's Benteke's first offering in a Liverpool shirt-

Yeah yeah, I am clutching at straws somewhat and it was pre-season yadda yadda, but given the fortunes of both my clubs in recent times, I say bite me! ;)

United should beat Spurs. As long as I never see Valencia play for United again I'll be happy. Our formation will be something like:

De Gea
Darmian - Jones - Smalling - Shaw
Herrera - Schweinsteiger - Carrick
Mata - Rooney - Depay​

United should beat Spurs. As long as I never see Valencia play for United again I'll be happy. Our formation will be something like:

De Gea
Darmian - Jones - Smalling - Shaw
Herrera - Schweinsteiger - Carrick
Mata - Rooney - Depay​

Hes playing blind cb ahead of smelling, Carrick and scniedering 2 pivot, Mata schwein depay behind Rooney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes playing blind cb ahead of smelling, Carrick and scniedering 2 pivot, Mata schwein depay behind Rooney.
The main reason for that I can see is that we know what the Herrera-Carrick will bring, and Schweiny has been more impressive than Schneidy in pre-season. Same with Blind as a CB over Smalling, who was our best centre-half last season.

I have no doubt our best formation is still 4-3-3.

Awesome goal from Benteke last night. Not sure how well he'll fit our system, but hopefully he proves me wrong! Certainly a good start! Firmino also looks really good. Clyne is just a quality signing, you know what you are going to get from him. Same goes for Milner. Expecting big seasons from my boy Lallana and from Ibe as well. Plenty to be excited about from a Reds point of view!

Very difficult start to the season though, our first 6 away games are ridiculous!

bit annoyed that we are finally playing by the rules of sell one to buy one... but now everyone around us is spending like crazy.

the Cech out Bego in isnt too much of a downgrade but strengthens Arsenal significantly.. but if they want to pay 12 mill for a 36 year old.....

The Filipe Luis out Baba Rahman in will be a good upgrade even if for cover. The Drogba out Falcao in should be an upgrade... but still, nothing is exciting for me as a fan!

Stones again will be good for the future if we can nab him but still not exciting.

When we sell Salah and Cuadrado that should make enough coin for an exciting attacking signing.

they talking Callejon.... eh.. i still prefer to nibble at Greizman

Still burns me we lost De Bryene.

I just hope we dont go stale with no changes in are fromt half. Costa still all soft tissuey - a big worry too

bit annoyed that we are finally playing by the rules of sell one to buy one... but now everyone around us is spending like crazy.

the Cech out Bego in isnt too much of a downgrade but strengthens Arsenal significantly.. but if they want to pay 12 mill for a 36 year old.....

The Filipe Luis out Baba Rahman in will be a good upgrade even if for cover. The Drogba out Falcao in should be an upgrade... but still, nothing is exciting for me as a fan!

Stones again will be good for the future if we can nab him but still not exciting.

When we sell Salah and Cuadrado that should make enough coin for an exciting attacking signing.

they talking Callejon.... eh.. i still prefer to nibble at Greizman

Still burns me we lost De Bryene.

I just hope we dont go stale with no changes in are fromt half. Costa still all soft tissuey - a big worry too
You lost De Bruyne, but gained Fabregas. That's a win IMO.

Awesome goal from Benteke last night. Not sure how well he'll fit our system, but hopefully he proves me wrong! Certainly a good start! Firmino also looks really good. Clyne is just a quality signing, you know what you are going to get from him. Same goes for Milner. Expecting big seasons from my boy Lallana and from Ibe as well. Plenty to be excited about from a Reds point of view!

Very difficult start to the season though, our first 6 away games are ridiculous!

It's like the campaigners have been speaking to the AFL!

Di Maria has signed for PSG. This makes me happy. :)

Got out of Manchester before it was too late! #DiMariaDay

Last edited:
Eh, it's not as if we didn't have like a million wingers anyway.

I like how Liverpool spent so much on Benteke. He's worth 25 million at most.

I like how Liverpool spent so much on Benteke. He's worth 25 million at most.
Bahahahahahahaha. We literally have no top class strikers (not including Sturridge), I have no problem with spending only 7.5 million pounds over what he's supposedly worth in your mind if he is going to deliver us goals!

Us having that attitude over the years has seen us miss out on so many targets over the years, namely Salah, Mkhitaryan, Costa, Willian etc. Missing out on our main targets over a few million that we could have paid, but just decided to be campaigners about it.

Now I'm still not sure Benteke was the right man, I'd have rathered Lacazette. Benteke is undoubted quality, I just am not sure whether he fits the rest of our squad. But if we are going to buy him, 32.5 million is fine.

Really the difference between 25 and 32.5 isn't all that much if he becomes our saviour up front.

Bahahahahahahaha. We literally have no top class strikers (not including Sturridge), I have no problem with spending only 7.5 million pounds over what he's supposedly worth in your mind if he is going to deliver us goals!

Us having that attitude over the years has seen us miss out on so many targets over the years, namely Salah, Mkhitaryan, Costa, Willian etc. Missing out on our main targets over a few million that we could have paid, but just decided to be campaigners about it.

Now I'm still not sure Benteke was the right man, I'd have rathered Lacazette. Benteke is undoubted quality, I just am not sure whether he fits the rest of our squad. But if we are going to buy him, 32.5 million is fine.

Really the difference between 25 and 32.5 isn't all that much if he becomes our saviour up front.
32.5 million for Benteke isn't fine. He's a good striker but it's the second highest transfer in the PL this season and that is a big problem. We're getting Pedro who's probably not quite as good for about half the price. Much smarter investment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back