Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone noticed in near on 7 movies not once, has a storm trooper ever killed anyone of note or done anything vaugley right or beneficial for the empire?

why even persist with those guys?!

Apart from wiping out the bulk of the Jedi Order and allowing Palpatine to seize total control you mean?

Apart from wiping out the bulk of the Jedi Order and allowing Palpatine to seize total control you mean?

well sure on mass they accomplished something - but you are smart enough to know what i mean!

all im seeing is bumbling weak minded fools who let ben kenobi and the droids past the check point or let prisonors out of cuffs or let the deflector shields be turned off twice. When has one made a crack shot and killed a main protagonist or actually stopped something cruical from happening?

well sure on mass they accomplished something - but you are smart enough to know what i mean!

all im seeing is bumbling weak minded fools who let ben kenobi and the droids past the check point or let prisonors out of cuffs or let the deflector shields be turned off twice. When has one made a crack shot and killed a main protagonist or actually stopped something cruical from happening?

Yeah, they're not very good, but then the mass pan-galactic genocide of superheroes is enough to dine out on for a century.

Yeah, they're not very good, but then the mass pan-galactic genocide of superheroes is enough to dine out on for a century.

if a rookie force user is strong enough to tell a trooper to unleash my shackles.. and drop your weapon... why would/could a master of the force not be able to turn an army of these guys against their maker on masse?

I want to see them try!

if a rookie force user is strong enough to tell a trooper to unleash my shackles.. and drop your weapon... why would/could a master of the force not be able to turn an army of these guys against their maker on masse?

I want to see them try!
Don't think it really works this way. I think all a mind trick does is influence their mind/decisions, but you can't make them completely change their opinion.

Don't think it really works this way. I think all a mind trick does is influence their mind/decisions, but you can't make them completely change their opinion.

This is why im convinced there is more to finn - that he is from special stock. He was able to challenge and defeat his programming, his good was so strong it shone through - then he was able to use it, picking up the mastery of the tie fighter gunners like a young luke - was able to use the light saber effectivley.

ill be shocked if his linage isnt the twist next ep.

i may be over thinking.. but

i want to talk about accents re: trying to find out the lineage of Rey and Finn.

Rey has a strong british accent - along the lines of Kenobi.

Luke, Han, Leia, all american accents.

Finn - the actor has a brisitsh accent irl but in the movie is played with a US accent, (Lando?)

can anything be read into accents?

Maybe rey was a jedi youngling pre trained in the force but left for dead/assumed dead when they all got wiped out. She got picked up by scavangers post battle and sold to a junk dealer on jakku.

in the flash back you can hear unkar plutt saying something like quiet girl as she screams for the departing ship.

so it seems she was sold to him as a slave rather then left in his care - any loving parent worth their salt dosent leave/sell their child to a slave driver who pays her in food rations.

...and he owns the millenium falcon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

loading.gif

frank-ocean.gif

tumblr_mzg0tiGmBt1ra3xlqo1_500.gif

Is it possible to explain why without spoilers?
I reckon you're best to go in with a completely open mind and decide for yourself. I think that would make it more enjoyable!

Is it possible to explain why without spoilers?

Most of my complaints revolve around my disapproval of the story, the use of characters, and respect to the audience - hard to go in to any of that without getting in to spoiler territory.

just looking at luke now...

something occurred to me

(no spoiler, I haven't seen the movie)

3f9cb2de549ea03ec68d20a3f2a2c9c2.jpg

luke_skywalker_7_0.jpg

2F615CFB00000578-3360355-image-a-78_1450150847250.jpg

I reckon in the transition of the man luke, from youngin to old guy, he has already gone past Obi wan phase - hes already on the way to being yoda!.. look at his hunched little posture and fat gut...

oibiwan was still upright tall and pretty slender... on that island I reckon luke has been and gone past there, hes on his way to speakin in reverse and having big ears in no time.

hes bordering on troll like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back