Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
No thread for this?

I got to say this game looks incredibly sweet.

Evolve is an asymmetrical multiplayer game, pitting four player-controlled Hunters against an alien Monster, controlled by a fifth player. Both Hunters and Monsters can use unique abilities during the game.

There was a pricing error on Indonesian store on Steam so managed to pick it up for £5 :thumbsu:

Last edited:

So, it's basically just Hide and Seek brought to video games.
Why the preponderance of every shoot'em game having monsters? Getting tired of that.
Looks like it will give me migraines.

However, all that said.......looks fantastic! Might give it a whirl.

Stop plsying video games. Everything gives you migranes.

Had a few games last night - it's very hit and miss as obviously no one really knows how to play.

I think the game certainly has potential, for an alpha build, once you get in a game it's extremely smooth and lag free for what I can tell.
It's obviously heavily reliant on team work when you're a hunter, so it makes the game difficult if your teammates don't know what they're doing.

As the monster the game is excellent and very intense, it's great how as you evolve the match starts to really swing.

It'd be a perfect party game with a group of mates.

No because the servers aren't up...
When I tried it came up with a "not accepting more" type message so wasn't sure if they had a certain number to not overload their server.
At least it appears to be postponed not canned. Would hate to waste that 12.5GB download.

A mate on PSN just said to me the servers are up for this now, will give it a good go today.

Hopefully we get a few more days to test it out.

That would be me pal.

Played a round of this and it's ******* awesome. It's gone from a maybe buy to a must buy.

If you don't use team work then you're ****ed and it's pretty much game over. I used the medic class which gave me tranq darts that slows and highlights the enemy for a few seconds, a sniper which leaves a target on the enemy that your team mates can shoot for extra damage and a medgun to heal your team.

Servers ok but getting 'cannot create multiplayer session' error now. Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong..

EDIT: Just have to keep trying. Game will be released by the time I get through the hundred loading screens ;)

Not bad, some interesting gameplay mechanics. Most people round here will love it, not my cup of tea though.

Last edited:
Had a few games today and wasn't super impressed, it wasn't a bad experience(except the first game went for 6 mins and then took 8.5 mins to load the next)but just didn't make me want to keep going back.
I'll give it another crack and see how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been watching a bit of this game on twitch. It looks pretty fun. I can't see it being long lasting unfortunately.

Depends how they update it and offer replayability. I agree - it definitely has the potential to fade away after 10-20 hours of gameplay which isn't ideal and it's short enough where it'd affect sales.

Personally I'd like to see them take advice from the guys behind Payday 2 and what they've learnt with giving the game some longevity for what is, essentially, a very repetitive game (DLC aside).

I've played about 10-15 matches and after getting to know all the classes, feel it's definitely a game where playing with friends as Hunters would make it far mor enjoyable. Perhaps even against the Monster if you're on vent. But overall a good concept that (in alpha) has been well executed. Just want to see some diversity and replayability offered by launch in a few months.

Even if they released different game modes it would help. Hunters + Monster Vs Hunters + Monster etc.

I was watching the devs play and they had some interesting tactics guarding certain buffs and keeping the trapper on the inside of the map/splitting off in groups of 2.

I can see this being like Titanfall. Good for what it is but it won't keep people interested for too long.

Yea i got one but still unsure if i want to waste the 20gb, might have to cause im on the fence whether to buy or not.

Also it's an open beta for XB1 users.

Once again, it’s time to hunt together – or kill alone. Welcome to the Evolve Xbox One Open Beta!

In about a month, Evolve will launch! However, you won’t need to wait until February 10th for this new taste of what Evolve is like. You’re invited to join us in the next round of testing for Evolve with the Xbox One Open Beta. Starting Thursday, January 15th, 9am PST we will need your help once again.

Fans will be able to play Evolve’s “Hunt” game mode with access to the first two monsters (Goliath and Kraken) and first eight hunters (Markov, Maggie, Val, Hank, Hyde, Griffin, Lazarus, and Bucket) across all 12 maps that support “Hunt” and are included at the time of launch.

EXCLUSIVE TO XBOX ONE – Any character unlocks you achieve during the Beta will carry over to the game when it launches on February 10th. Get a head start on the defense of Shear by playing as much as you can in the beta.

Have you already prepurchased or plan to prepurchase the game digitally on Xbox One? You will get early access to the third set of Hunters, Wraith AND those unlocks carry over to the game when it launches on February 10th!

And, Starting on January 17th at Noon PST, you’re among the first to play Evolve’s dynamic campaign, “Evacuation.” If you’re not familiar with Evacuation, it’s a dynamic campaign combining modes, maps, and victory effects that provides over 800,000 paths to glory. It gives you a ridiculous amount of variety and a different experience almost every time you play. (For more information – and videos – you should check out this story for a full breakdown of how it works.)

How do you get in? First, you’ll need an active Xbox Live Gold membership. The Evolve Open Beta will be listed in the Xbox Games Store. Once you navigate to the product page (via search or following a link), click to download the Beta. Once downloaded, it will be in your Game Library and ready for battle on January 15th.

So, it's basically just Hide and Seek brought to video games.
Why the preponderance of every shoot'em game having monsters? Getting tired of that.
Looks like it will give me migraines.

However, all that said.......looks fantastic! Might give it a whirl.
Everything gives you migraines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back