Multiplat Evolve

Remove this Banner Ad

Evolve has more than $130 worth of DLC not covered by its season pass (assuming these are US prices)
http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/11/8018591/evolve-dlc-cost-buy-everything

But thats okay I guess.

Acceptable on a mobile game maybe. But a full priced console game? Nah. What happened to unlocking s**t through playing the game?
Yeah I do miss those days of just being able to unlock things.

Looking through that list though most (if not all) of it is skins, so seeing as it doesnt affect game play I dont really care how much cosmetic DLC they pump out

I'm not interested in this game at all, but have read that they will be releasing new monsters at 15 bucks each and new hunters at 7.50 each (assuming that is also US pricing) that is crazy.

Paying to play.... Is so ehhh. I could understand if you wanted to pay to unlock everything up front, but I would still like an option to unlock everything in game without having to give my credit card details. Sick of half made games being released, only for them to release stuff down the line to make a buck.

Didn't want to get this game initially, but ended up because some friends got it. I just jumped straight in with randoms and I had NFI what I was doing. Spent the whole time running around trying to keep up with them. Then I played some games with a couple mates and had a good time. Kind of scared of going back to play with random plebs. Team work is crucial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're just a pain. Have beaten a few but probably just inexperienced people. I mostly play with 3 or 4 friends so we're commed up and organised but so many times the wraith just pussy foots it somewhere. As soon as we get an arena down it will swim around the edge long enough to only get minimal damage on the shield then it just goes away and eats. Only shows up when it's stage 3. Needs a nerf on the decoy or something at least.

They're just a pain. Have beaten a few but probably just inexperienced people. I mostly play with 3 or 4 friends so we're commed up and organised but so many times the wraith just pussy foots it somewhere. As soon as we get an arena down it will swim around the edge long enough to only get minimal damage on the shield then it just goes away and eats. Only shows up when it's stage 3. Needs a nerf on the decoy or something at least.
Yeah its pretty boring when that happens but against a set up team at the generator I reckon they are pretty weak. Using bucket Markov and any one with deployable traps you can wreck it. I reckon the Wraith is more dangerous when it has full shields at 2 and it instigates the fight

Just found out last night the wraith can blink out of binds, and when it does it also drops any markers, so pure luck if you can get it on a trap. Helps using Lazarus to ninja revive and loading it up with precision points but wraiths are waking up to it and just nuking him straight away if they see him in the party.The kraken is really tough at stage 3 too, especially at range and on defend, but fair enough if we couldn't get them down by then since it's 4v1 after all but against the wraith you often don't get that chance. The wraith is just rubbish that it takes 4 good and coordinated hunters to take down a crappy wraith player. Such a pussy role to play and nearly everyone is playing it now. AI wraith is the worst though. We were on hunt and it got to stage 3 but only a bit of health and low armour. My group wiped and I was bucket. I hit cloak and bailed. My mates on chat who were spectating told me I was clear. I got another cloak, ran away more and hid in a corner waiting for them to drop in. The very moment the cloak wore off it stealth gimped me and that was the end

Wraith in a nutshell is my mate dropped into a skirmish in progress last night as the monster. He never played the monster at all before as we've spent the whole time playing hunters (I'm the lowest level at 16, mates are in the 20s), dropped in as wraith automatically and he wiped the hunters.

Don't want it nerfed to make it easier just to beat every time, but something to make it a bit less unattractive so we don't have to fight it every time.

/end whinge

All in all enjoying the game more than I thought I would. Can't see a big lifespan on it, will probably end up like Titanfall but easily going to get my money's worth and will definitely tie me over to The Order. Really enjoying playing Caira and it's probably my strongest character.

Seeing krakens mostly on defend since they can take the turrets from range and run off to get armour when they need. Wraiths more prevalent on hunt since it's almost iWin and goliaths on nest. We always go nest over rescue but it's pretty tough when a goliath hatches an egg then attacks the hunters at the same time as the minion. Don't mind krakens and wraiths on nest because they're easier to burn down on nest as they don't get long enough to evolve.

Seeing krakens mostly on defend since they can take the turrets from range and run off to get armour when they need. Wraiths more prevalent on hunt since it's almost iWin and goliaths on nest. We always go nest over rescue but it's pretty tough when a goliath hatches an egg then attacks the hunters at the same time as the minion. Don't mind krakens and wraiths on nest because they're easier to burn down on nest as they don't get long enough to evolve.
Yeah the double with the Goliath and the minion is tough. Especially with the minion knowing exactly where you are (wouldnt mind if they would tone that done a bit).

Actually on Nest do you reckon its best to stick together or split for multiple eggs? Seen a bit of success with Bucket going off solo to drop his turrets and going invis. It means the others can get beaten up by a duo but can take a fair bit of time doing it that way

You want to get the eggs down ASAP because the round time limit isn't very long, we lost one game because we got side tracked beating down on a crap monster and ended up running out of time lol. If bucket can bugger off to solo an egg then it's worth while IMO, the group are already missing the support shield buff while Bucket is in play anyway. Never tried it myself but might have to give that a shot next time :D. A couple times on nest when we've only smashed like 3 eggs sometimes it says we have won and defeated the monster? No idea if that's a glitch or how to replicate it. Another advantage the monster has on nest too is that he only needs to engage the hunters to get them to waste time fighting. When choosing Nest or Rescue it's pretty tough. We tend to avoid rescue because it just seems so hard to save 5 colonists when all the monster has to do is show up and burst them down, so we pick nest instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back