Gym & Misc Exercise after work

Remove this Banner Ad

hence why I love cycling classes, its low impact and you still burn 500 or more calories, legs too tired from standing? why not try exercises to relax the legs like yoga for example?

seems like the problem is going to the gym, not that you're tired. Tired is just a state of mind, plenty of times I've gone to the gym when I've come off 4 or 5 hours sleep, once I get in there I fire up and that tired thought goes away completely.

I'd suggest doing something a bit more relaxing like yoga or swimming if going to the gym isn't doing it for you.

Of course you could always get up at 4am and do workout then :D

I think you have to take a look at your lifestyle. Do you have a bunch of semi-adictive behaviour you regularly do after work? Eating really nice sugary food, playing videogames, drinking beer .... these are all activities that feel really good after a hard day, but once you're used to them, they can be hard to go without. Your brain chemistry is used to whatever it is these things release (I think it's dopamine), so when you avoid it you'll get mild withdrawal symptoms = being tired

You need to somehow bring the gym into your regular routine as a replacement for other things. It is hell at first, but after a while it becomes part of your lifestyle and just feels normal.

3pm's the perfect time to go to the gym. You're going to miss the crowds and still get out in time to miss peak hour.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of gym staff have the mentality that more = better, so they pile sets onto newbies and turn what should be motivating and fun into a chore. I want to get in and out of the gym in an hour or less, take 10 minutes for a proper warmup and 10 minutes for stretching, that gives you forty minutes for weights. In that time, I can do 3 sets of 4 exercises for whatever body parts I'm training, plus 3 - 4 sets of core work (usually deadlifts for back, or ab work).

If you're looking for cardio that keeps you off your feet, go with swimming or rowing, but only if they've got good rowers, like Concepts. Get someone who knows to show you good form for the rower, though, I see too many people flailing around like lunatics and getting nothing out of it but potential injuries. With good form, your legs and abs should be feeling the burn long before your upper body.

Burning energy will give you more energy, i ride to and from work every day and some mornings you wake up and it's cold/raining, you feel s**t, whatever, first 2-3 mins arent great but then your back in a routine and feel great. As for exercising after work as many have said, i cant wait, chuck the ipod in and run for 45 mins, its the only time of the day where i dont have to think about anything, that or im at the gym getting some controlled agression out.

mmmmm
Try other ways to lose weight!

I'm drinking green tea every day... especially at work time. I'm working from 6 to 6
Drink 2 times every day.. you will see difference in one month

Hello guys,..
I watch out all the posts and all the posts very informational and i looking forward to the other posts.Exercise is the best after a work.So we should be
exercising regularly to keep good fitness.Exercise giving good shaping of the body.

Great Neck Nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back