Analysis Explosive Pace at the Lions...

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with that suggestion and acknowledge Usain is belting it out in the 60 to 80 split [yeah, would also love to have more times and over 100m but hey one swallow doesn't make a summer but I've gotta try and stretch this one into a mighty pterosaur... ;)

PS - hope to add a spreadsheet inclusive of BMI - body mass ratios tomorrow!

Last edited:
Happy with that suggestion and acknowledge Usain is belting it out in the 60 to 80 split [yeah, would also love to have more times and over 100m but hey one swallow doesn't make a summer but I've gotta try and stretch this one into a mighty pterosaur... ;)

PS - hope to add a spreadsheet inclusive of BMI - body mass ratios tomorrow!
No, but it would make my day.:cool:

Please explain.

I believe he is suggesting that the average level of brilliance and median level of intellectual awesomeness combined with the mode of our general ability to conceptualise complex issues in a logical, coherent, dispassionate and unbiased manner would be too much to handle for the normal measuring techniques at hand and so to attempt to do so would thus be a worry ... :)

Hopefully not of BigFooty posters

Especially Skoob Naughty Skooby!
giphy.gif

Okay, while we are talking BMI's - the below is a list of current Lions players with 'believed weights', height and then their body mass ratio [Don't yet have a profile for Cian]

Not being an expert on the BMI bear in mind that muscle mass is apparently heavier than fat -
  • http://www.bupa.com.au/health-and-wellness/tools-and-apps/tools-and-calculators/bmi-calculator
  • I didn't use the Bupa calculator last night - so I will update this spreadsheet later.
  • the top weight was a 'suggested' ceiling or 'top' weight for a male of said height.
  • this is currently listed by BMI - it could be by height/kph etc. later
  • if anyone has times available - with a source I will add/match/compare with others I have but let it be know I will be dubious of the 2007 Leuenberger suggested record breaking 2.68sec though! :cool:

GoRA5UA.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, while we are talking BMI's - the below is a list of current Lions players with 'believed weights', height and then their body mass ratio [Don't yet have a profile for Cian]

Not being an expert on the BMI bear in mind that muscle mass is apparently heavier than fat -
  • http://www.bupa.com.au/health-and-wellness/tools-and-apps/tools-and-calculators/bmi-calculator
  • I didn't use the Bupa calculator last night - so I will update this spreadsheet later.
  • the top weight was a 'suggested' ceiling or 'top' weight for a male of said height.
  • this is currently listed by BMI - it could be by height/kph etc. later
  • if anyone has times available - with a source I will add/match/compare with others I have but let it be know I will be dubious of the 2007 Leuenberger suggested record breaking 2.68sec though! :cool:

GoRA5UA.png
I did my BMI and it said I was overweight...but mine is less than Maguire and Merrett.

So what do we learn from this...fat bastards play in the backline.

But Freddie whats their ETHESS?

I should point out that BMI is a rough estimate at best and becomes inaccurate if the individual has a large amount of muscle mass (SizeMatters should be able to field any questions from here).

Body fat percentage (callipers and skinfolds) is a better way to assess body composition.

Yeah again Im not sure BMI's would be the best way to group them. Starting with rough positional groups would provide more relevance to me
Initially, I disagreed KK - I thought the above rough grouping by BMI was a fair starting place - but arguably, positional by player type/style and even age may also be more relevant - mind you your 'kisskiss theory sounds good but how are you going to sell it to Tairy?

While were are talking about age
  • players that are yet to reach their optimum or suggested best weight to height level - so younger players may develop more speed with age [and weight]
I know this is not all about the speed but a quick google links sprinters best times with age...
Lewis 9.86 @ 30
Bailey 9.84 @ 29
Surin 9.84 @ 30
Gay 9.69 @ 27 and not yet done
Gatlin 9.80 @ 30
Fredericks 9.86 @ 29

Read more:http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4691459#ixzz3M7SAEjSD

Gunna have to do a Tairy Greene and a Crimso on the ETHESS winged1 - please explain :$

Again, if I'm posting there will be s**t all over the place - but this was intended to be purely a summer break fun? thread - make of it what you will but if I/[we] get to learn something at the end of it and direct most derailing posts here, who knows, it just might turn-out to be a winner?

Initially, I disagreed KK - I thought the above rough grouping by BMI was a fair starting place - but arguably, positional by player type/style and even age may also be more relevant - mind you your 'kisskiss theory sounds good but how are you going to sell it to Tairy?

While were are talking about age
  • players that are yet to reach their optimum or suggested best weight to height level - so younger players may develop more speed with age [and weight]
I know this is not all about the speed but a quick google links sprinters best times with age...
Lewis 9.86 @ 30
Bailey 9.84 @ 29
Surin 9.84 @ 30
Gay 9.69 @ 27 and not yet done
Gatlin 9.80 @ 30
Fredericks 9.86 @ 29

Read more:http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4691459#ixzz3M7SAEjSD

Gunna have to do a Tairy Greene and a Crimso on the ETHESS winged1 - please explain :$

Again, if I'm posting there will be s**t all over the place - but this was intended to be purely a summer break fun? thread - make of it what you will but if I/[we] get to learn something at the end of it and direct most derailing posts here, who knows, it just might turn-out to be a winner?
Its my fault for occasionally wanting to read something serious around here, completely the wrong place for that

elite thigh-height ratio vs explosive speed sine wave

It's a thing.
I know! :oops:

Or was I just a baiting you for those words and an opportunity to reply with my first music clip - The Real Thing! :D

I know! :oops:

Or was I just a baiting you for those words and an opportunity to reply with my first music clip - The Real Thing! :D

You will notice that I didnt call it ETHRESS, because that would be too much like Urethra and people wouldnt take it seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back