Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Footy jumper tipping comp on external website

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a terrible idea, but I think the idea of making it harder and harder for people to post their tips will deter them from posting at all. Let's not forget that it started as a bit of a fun and not even as a competition! Will people really go to the effort of reading passcodes, accessing websites all for a comp that its only prize is glory?
I am currently part of a tipping competition that uses a passcode so that people can't post as someone else, and us and players were able to pick our passcode. As you know, this was my intention to add this to stop people posting tips as someone else.
I don't think a passcode will be hard to remember, as it will stay in people's PMs where it is easily accessible.

Again, I'd prefer to see every create their own passcode as it will be easier for them to remember, but then I'd have most people BigFooty passwords. The other alternate is if I send out a passcode to everyone playing.

Why not just double check if a poster has tipped more than once? That way you know if it was them or (if they have no recollection) it was someone else. And if its you or a rather unpleasant word, ignore it or delete the submission
I can't really do that. what if they tip for someone that hasn't already tipped.

I hope someone else agrees that this has all become way too complicated. akkaps, what about a tipping megathread? You can keep all the stuff in there and the weekly discussion threads can exist alongside it
I can settle for this.
Thats where you double check. If the person isnt a regular tipper and isnt aware of tipping then you know
Still don't know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back