F-35 Joint Strike Fighter - Abbott agrees to buy more, more, more.

Do you agree with the Aus gov's decision to purchase F-35s?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Consistency is not what you're known for.

You actually just say whatever you need to, to defend the libs and attack labor, unions and the greens.

seems like you are struggling to focus this morning, bouncing from one issue to the next; projects, navy and now this.

when you are getting too emotional to concentrate, just ask mum for a cup of tea. I hope that suggestion helps you feel better.

yep but my biggest gripe of the NBN is it is being financed wrong.

I have been very consistent over that message and believe it should be financed the same way as land developers have to pay to have power, water, sewerage and the telephone services connected.

I have bagged the NBN FTTH as it was never going to happen for $4.7b nor for any of the revised numbers. This was not a budget over run, it was straight out deceptive political conduct. A conduct that would find corporate directors in jail. Very, very different issues.

Hardly. THere is also a 99% chance the NBN would have benefited Australia a lot more than the F-35 ever will.

Hardly. THere is also a 99% chance the NBN would have benefited Australia a lot more than the F-35 ever will.
Wasn't he saying that these jets being sold to us as $400 million total and actually costing $4 billion, by virtue of overlooking key costs in order to keep the number small, would be a better comparison?

Wasn't he saying that these jets being sold to us as $400 million total and actually costing $4 billion, by virtue of overlooking key costs in order to keep the number small, would be a better comparison?

It can't be $400 million total as each jet is going to cost around $90 million I think so at best with $400 million we could buy 5 jets.

I wasn't being so literal.

I was talking about the 4 billion dollar NBN costing more like 40 billion.

actually $73(?)B by the last government estimate of the FTTH and $94B based on one of the lead engineering businesses rolling out the NBN

I agree, I am not excited by the acquisition of the aircraft.

that doesn't change the fact that improvements to private property should be funded or on charged to the owners. In WA, a special levy was provided to owners to connect to sewerage in the 80s and 90s and again when power poles in front of their property were sunk.

I am not sure if this still occurs but the principle is the same.

seems like you are struggling to focus this morning, bouncing from one issue to the next; projects, navy and now this.

when you are getting too emotional to concentrate, just ask mum for a cup of tea. I hope that suggestion helps you feel better.
What a suprise. More spin and emotional pleading.

The first post of yours that I replied to on the previous page, had you bringing up projects and the ADF.

So there is no bouncing from me, just spinning from you.

And you have been corrected on your NBN numbers so many times.
What possible reason could you have, to pretend you forget, every time, other than because you intentionally want to mislead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a suprise. More spin and emotional pleading.

The first post of yours that I replied to on the previous page, had you bringing up projects and the ADF.

So there is no bouncing from me, just spinning from you.

And you have been corrected on your NBN numbers so many times.
What possible reason could you have, to pretend you forget, every time, other than because you intentionally want to mislead?

because I prefer to believe the estimates of the people writing the invoices, being $94B, and not the spin by politicians. The same politicians who claimed they were building a network for $4.7b, then changed the scope to a $43B plan only to find out the actual negative cash position to by $73B.

Personally I don't care whether it is $4B or $94B providing landlords are build directly for their property upgrade. By whilst it is coming from the public purse, the politicians need to be accountable and their misleading figures are clear for all to see.

Yes we do. We don't have the ability for the family who move out to the country to do it, but oh well.

So short sighted. 20 years ago anyone connected to the internet only had a 28kb modem or at best a 56kb modem. These days 1.5mb is the minimum a person really needs, usually a lot more than that. Imagine where we will be in another 20 years? The technology Abbott proposes will not be able to keep up and companies that use the internet will suffer because of it.

So short sighted. 20 years ago anyone connected to the internet only had a 28kb modem or at best a 56kb modem. These days 1.5mb is the minimum a person really needs, usually a lot more than that. Imagine where we will be in another 20 years? The technology Abbott proposes will not be able to keep up and companies that use the internet will suffer because of it.

Companies that see a competitive advantage will pay to maintain it.

What the government is doing is giving that to business under the guise of giving people in remote locations fast internet.

Companies that see a competitive advantage will pay to maintain it.

What the government is doing is giving that to business under the guise of giving people in remote locations fast internet.

Except for, you know, start up companies with not a lot of money, or what if a company has a product that relies on the consumer having super fast broadband but most normal people can't afford the NBN. That means that company will fail, not because the idea was not good but because most people could not afford to hook up the NBN in order to buy that product.

Except for, you know, start up companies with not a lot of money, or what if a company has a product that relies on the consumer having super fast broadband but most normal people can't afford the NBN. That means that company will fail, not because the idea was not good but because most people could not afford to hook up the NBN in order to buy that product.

There are lots of people who could be good fishermen but don't have a boat.

There are lots of people who could be good farmers but don't have the land.

Is it the responsibility of the government to administrate the provision of these things to people?

I believe that if a service was so valuable the business would be building their own network, subsidising the installation to their consumers and then trapping them in a bubble like iTunes. That's how business works. See the need, provide the solution, create the market, reap the rewards.

having worked on big projects, I don't get excited by delays and over runs. It is just how it is.

having worked in the ADF, I don't get excited by a lack of capability.

Personally I don't care whether it is $4B or $94B providing landlords are build directly for their property upgrade. By whilst it is coming from the public purse, the politicians need to be accountable and their misleading figures are clear for all to see.

Consistency.

So, with the jets, it's just what happens.
With the ftth, it's just not good enough.

There are lots of people who could be good fishermen but don't have a boat.

There are lots of people who could be good farmers but don't have the land.

Is it the responsibility of the government to administrate the provision of these things to people?

I believe that if a service was so valuable the business would be building their own network, subsidising the installation to their consumers and then trapping them in a bubble like iTunes. That's how business works. See the need, provide the solution, create the market, reap the rewards.

Internet is a basic utility, something that is a must in the modern world and it is the job of the government to make sure every person has access to it if they want it. It is why the government was giving out free set top boxes to people so when the signals switched to digital everyone still had access to television.

I wonder what sort of process the government went through to make sure everyone had electricity back in the day, or to make sure as many people as possible were connected to the sewage system.

Internet is a basic utility, something that is a must in the modern world and it is the job of the government to make sure every person has access to it if they want it. It is why the government was giving out free set top boxes to people so when the signals switched to digital everyone still had access to television.

I wonder what sort of process the government went through to make sure everyone had electricity back in the day, or to make sure as many people as possible were connected to the sewage system.

The example isn't as clean as being connected to electricity or sewage. The internet is already connected. You just want a bigger pipe.

7 years behind schedule, 163 billion over budget WTF?

apologies if posted earlier but I'm not sure why this story on the failure of this project had to bring up how tough marines are. Probably has a lot to do with the failure of this plane.

I agree, I am not excited by the acquisition of the aircraft.

that doesn't change the fact that improvements to private property should be funded or on charged to the owners. In WA, a special levy was provided to owners to connect to sewerage in the 80s and 90s and again when power poles in front of their property were sunk.

I am not sure if this still occurs but the principle is the same.

Consistency.

So, with the jets, it's just what happens.
With the ftth, it's just not good enough.

yep consistent

I am not excited by the acquisition of the aircraft!

Militaries are very incompetent project managers as they generally think of past threats rather than future ones, they rarely understand scope or conform to the scope they set, easily distracted by bells and whistles and adding to that is the bureaucratic interference and the politics.

Your mum must be busy making tea for you today. Or did she just make a big pot of iced tea?

Back