F1 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of having the rules changed so much that the championship winning team could go from being far and away the best team to possibly the worst team in the space of 6 months. Not a great look.

No wonder Lotus struggled with crash testing at first, that nose looks like it would slice right through anything it hit. You'd be picking pieces of it out of your ribs if it t-boned you.

I actually prefer the Williams and Sauber anteater design to Ferrari's effort. Some of the other teams have taken it a bit far though.

I'm all for unpredictability...

...As long as it's predictable.

:oops:
No I just want every team to have a decent shot. Not to have a couple wiped out due to circumstances largely out of their control.

Vettel got 4 corners into testing today before the car stopped. PARTY TIME! Right?

No I just want every team to have a decent shot. Not to have a couple wiped out due to circumstances largely out of their control.

Vettel got 4 corners into testing today before the car stopped. PARTY TIME! Right?
As far as I'm aware, you've followed motorsport long enough to know that that doesn't happen.

I don't know how long RB have a deal with Renault. But if they don't like it, they can suck it up for the year and get a new engine partner. They can build one themselves too. Historically, their success the last 4 years, is the exception. They, and whoever else, can get over it.

As far as I'm aware, you've followed motorsport long enough to know that that doesn't happen.

I don't know how long RB have a deal with Renault. But if they don't like it, they can suck it up for the year and get a new engine partner. They can build one themselves too. Historically, their success the last 4 years, is the exception. They, and whoever else, can get over it.
I can dream...

As long as that dream isn't A1 actually. Good god that was awful.

Its an uneasy feeling. Partly happy to see Sebs car not working, not funny from Dans pov.

Even if its a dog all year, Vettel will wring the neck out of it.

Vettel tried again...and got to the end of the pitlane.

Well, you all wanted to see how he'd go in a car that wasn't among the best on the grid. You've got your wish.
It's going to be great hearing him bitch and moan after every race because he can't get near it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A team with Red Bull's resources will eventually come good. Too much experience to struggle indefinitely.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

They will get it right but both guys are going to have some ground to make up if they want to win the title.

Then it wouldn't be Seb.
But keep living in hope, MWNN.
"We thought we would be in a much better place this week compared to last week. That hasn't really been the case," said Vettel.

"There's no point being too emotional at this stage. We really have to take it step by step.

"We know how serious it is, especially inside the team - on Renault's side and our side. We've been a team the last five years and things have been fantastic.

"There were difficult days and difficult times - when we had the engine blow up with two races to go [in 2010], nearly deciding the championship, which wasn't great. There were other faults on our side, and on the driver's side. We are a team. These things happen.

"There's no reason to paint everything black. We know that it's a difficult time but everyone is aware of that and motivated to get out of it, get going and find out where we are."

Whenever you're ready to admit to being wrong is fine.

They will get it right but both guys are going to have some ground to make up if they want to win the title.
They'll need Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren to take points off each other at the top end for RBR to catch up.
But if one or two of them bolts out of the gate, the season could be over by the flyaways.

Pfft. This is pre-season testing, he's not losing points yet. Let's wait till the real stuff starts and he's dealing with DNF after DNF.
Okay. I have no doubt you'd refuse to admit to being wrong anyway, but okay.

Really excited for this season now.
At the end of last year i was almost ready to chuck it in

Same, with all these testing dramas it's promising to be a pretty unpredictable and exciting season.

Towards the end of last year I'd find myself looking forward to each race, only to lose a lot of interest after two laps once Vettel was already 500m in front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back