FA Cup 2015/2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Starts this weekend. Extra Preliminary Round is on (fixtures here - http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/fixtures)

Highlights include a team named Penistone Church, and Steve Harmison's first Cup tie as manager of Ashington AFC.

Dirty Bird are we doing the comp again? Shotgun on Penistone Church.

Presumably don't see the point for whatever cost/fixture disruption it would cause.
Are they a brand new club?
When FC United were formed, we didn't compete until about the 3rd or 4th season of our existence despite teams at our level being eligible.

When FC United were formed, we didn't compete until about the 3rd or 4th season of our existence despite teams at our level being eligible.

They've been around for 10 years but were re-formed/re-named last year, so that could be it.

You forgot to register in the first year you were eligible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot to register in the first year you were eligible.
We were founded really late, probably part of the reason.
But what about our 2nd season?
I see we played in our 3rd.

Dirty Bird is going to be very upset with you...
In previous years I'd know abuot it the second the preliminary schedules came out as FC United's game was covered in the draw.
After our promotion last season, we don't come in until the 2nd round, so I don't see the draw's out via the article on FC United's page.

So the Cup completely slipped my mind.

And it appears there's no Norton United in this year (Must've been relegated?) Guess I'm with Penrith (Sorry Jatz)

We were founded really late, probably part of the reason.
But what about our 2nd season?
I see we played in our 3rd.
I think the first you were founded too late. The second you forgot. Remember an article in the MEN.

Cockfosters?

AFC Croydon Athletic for me.
Supporting the local team, nice.

I guess it's Hinckley for Level 10 then. Off to a replay after a 0-0 draw.

Looks like Hull United aren't in the Cup, devastated.

There are 368 teams that enter the extra preliminary round. Of that number, all but 20 of the Tier 9 teams enter, as well as the top ranking 92 of Tier 10 that have chosen to enter. Which means that the top half teams of Tier 10 divisions are going to enter the FA Cup over those that just got promoted, remembering that 324 Tier 10 teams. I think they've decided to cap the number, or else the competition might take longer. They've certainly had larger numbers before.

If Hull United perform this season in the league, perhaps we could see the Hull Derby next season.

Supporting the local team, nice.

I guess it's Hinckley for Level 10 then. Off to a replay after a 0-0 draw.

There are 368 teams that enter the extra preliminary round. Of that number, all but 20 of the Tier 9 teams enter, as well as the top ranking 92 of Tier 10 that have chosen to enter. Which means that the top half teams of Tier 10 divisions are going to enter the FA Cup over those that just got promoted, remembering that 324 Tier 10 teams. I think they've decided to cap the number, or else the competition might take longer. They've certainly had larger numbers before.

If Hull United perform this season in the league, perhaps we could see the Hull Derby next season.

Yeah I think Hull United are looking odds-on for another promotion, their squad is a much better quality than their league, so they're working their way up very quickly.

FC United starts their campaign tonight against Witton Albion.

2 leagues below us? Should win, but I've learnt not to count my chickens in the cup after losing last year to a team in the league below us.

3-1 win :)
Don't know when the draw for the 3rd round is though.
I assume tonight at some stage.

Hopefully a team from a lower tier.
Don't really want a tough game.

Those FA Cup fixtures just fly by.

Just in case you're curious, here are the results so far of the FA Cup:

upload_2015-9-27_20-54-40.png

upload_2015-9-27_21-2-55.png

upload_2015-9-27_21-11-46.png

upload_2015-9-27_21-16-13.png

Currently at the 2nd Qualifying Round (See above image). Some games still yet to be played, including replays. The Third Qualifying Round will see the 80 winners playoff against each other on the 10th of October, with replays no later than the 15th. National League Teams (Formerly the Conference), which is the 5th tier, will enter in the 4th Qualifying Round, which will be the final of these qualifying rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back