Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
Dayne Beams has rejected an offer to head to Brisbane, and is in talks to renew his contact beyond 2015.
1116 SEN have reported that Beams has just built a house in Melbourne, has settled down with his girlfriend and his mother too, has moved to Melbourne.
It comes as earlier reports suggested that the Lions would not be trading their pick 4 in the national draft.

BlackWhiteBlood

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49er, SFGiants, Mapel Leafs
Dangerfield is a Geelong boy, if he is going anywhere it will be to the cattery.

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
Dream post season for me:

* Sign Nick Malceski as a free agent
* Mitch Clark for our 3rd Rounder
* Jeff Garlett for our 4th Rounder
* Able to lock in Darcy Moore with 2nd Rounder
* Brenton Sanderson as an assistant coach
* Heriter Lumumba for Jono O'Rourke
* Pick 8 used for best available mid, Jayden Laverde gets my vote

Then Post season next year:

* Patrick Dangerfield through free agency
* More then happy to trade our first two picks and a sweetner to sign another elite player.

Do this and in 2016 I think we would be way up there
and then you wake up and realise im in the real the world not fantasy land.

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dayne Beams has rejected an offer to head to Brisbane, and is in talks to renew his contact beyond 2015.
1116 SEN have reported that Beams has just built a house in Melbourne, has settled down with his girlfriend and his mother too, has moved to Melbourne.
It comes as earlier reports suggested that the Lions would not be trading their pick 4 in the national draft.

That's from that facebook site.
1. They cant even bother to list their source on tom browne's reveal, then list SEN for some reason as the source for the second part of tom's tweet.
2. They've decided to run with "rejected offer" even though that was never stated, but hey it sounds more newsworthy,

I've already had a go at them regarding their Minson "scoop" which was actually based on a Herald Sun article that they totally misread and therefore posted completely bogus information, yet they still have it up.

The site is crap and I think that nitwit Paige is involved and we all know how reliable she is when it comes to this sort of thing. It would be otherwise easy to ignore but it provides the basis for so much of the discussion here during the trade period so it's hard to escape it. The main issue I had and this was a problem last year, is not so much the sourceless rumours, those you just take it with a grain of salt, but the sourced quotes that actually misconstrue and warp what was actually said. It's no use stating you have information from the horse's mouth when you don't accurately present the information correctly.

Also I noticed this picture https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonA...0.1410959903./348136718693896/?type=3&theater with the women in it tagged as "****" presumably because she is a women. Says a bit about the people running this thing.

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
1. They cant even bother to list their source on tom browne's reveal, then list SEN for some reason as the source for the second part of tom's tweet.
2. They've decided to run with "rejected offer" even though that was never stated, but hey it sounds more newsworthy,

I've already had a go at them regarding their Minson "scoop" which was actually based on a Herald Sun article that they totally misread and therefore posted completely bogus information, yet they still have it up.

The site is crap and I think that nitwit Paige is involved and we all know how reliable she is when it comes to this sort of thing. It would be otherwise easy to ignore but it provides the basis for so much of the discussion here during the trade period so it's hard to escape it. The main issue I had and this was a problem last year, is not so much the sourceless rumours, those you just take it with a grain of salt, but the sourced quotes that actually misconstrue and warp what was actually said. It's no use stating you have information from the horse's mouth when you don't accurately present the information correctly.

Also I noticed this picture https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonA...0.1410959903./348136718693896/?type=3&theater with the women in it tagged as "****" presumably because she is a women. Says a bit about the people running this thing.
Its been confirmed the people running that site are high school kids

Its been confirmed the people running that site are high school kids
The funny thing about this site is that many people follow it...BS or not.
The site is basically a conduit for all media reports/rumours...on one page.
Hence people (including me) check it out for the latest news...rather than checking every newspaper or watching every footy show, listen to every radio station.
It's a good idea...yes?

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
He can play footy rockcliff thats for sure

Living in QLD for 12 months now I've watched a lot of the Lions on TV and can confirm... he's a bloody good footballer.

He has pretty prominent douchebag qualities also so it's no surprise that he would publicly slag ex team mates for going home then just a year later brazenly campaign for an opposition player to do the exact same thing. What a tool.

Smoothness

Senior List
Dec 15, 2011
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Article saying sanderson wont join collingwood next year.Collingwood are apparently happy with their set up and if anything are downsizing

jhndos

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2006
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders, West Ham
Dream post season for me:

* Sign Nick Malceski as a free agent
* Mitch Clark for our 3rd Rounder
* Jeff Garlett for our 4th Rounder
* Able to lock in Darcy Moore with 2nd Rounder
* Brenton Sanderson as an assistant coach
* Heriter Lumumba for Jono O'Rourke
* Pick 8 used for best available mid, Jayden Laverde gets my vote

Then Post season next year:

* Patrick Dangerfield through free agency
* More then happy to trade our first two picks and a sweetner to sign another elite player.

Do this and in 2016 I think we would be way up there

What ever you are on please send some this way

jhndos

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2006
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders, West Ham
Get Clarke, Garlett, Moore, get Swan, Beams, Elliot fit hope to bajesus Adams Frost Seedsman and a few others continue to improve and we have some holes filled .

From memory Paige started it up, but she's not involved anymore due to having too many other commitments.

They do get her on there for Q&A's about the draft every now and then though.

shizzle

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Article saying sanderson wont join collingwood next year.Collingwood are apparently happy with their set up and if anything are downsizing

I believe the part about us downsizing was just rehashed from an article last week, prior to Sanderson getting moved on. I think if he wants to coach next year(he may want a break) we would be more than happy to find a position for him.

Jombob1986

Debutant
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been to the future and seen how the trade period and draft unravels, so here goes pies fans!
Darcy Moore does go to our second round pick and with our first rounder we trade that to Sydney for Tom Mitchell. Lumumba goes to Melbourne in return for a second round pick who we use on Jarrod Garlett. Mitch Clark makes his way to us with our 3rd pick and Jeff Garlett with our 4th round pick. Crazy time for the Pies coming up! Even Waylon Manson gets a rookie spot for us, wow!

Back