Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Well one down and a grand final to go and then it starts with alot more players meeting club rumours.(1) Besides Mitch what other player will we try get from another club?
(2) Besides Moore being a tall in the draft, eg, what 3 players or type of players will we draft at our other picks??????? names and position????

Just got word from a friend of a friend that we're looking to trade both Lamumba and Blair plus a late draft pick for Clark and Watts... Will be interesting to see if this comes to fruition :)

Last edited:
I didn't say we had one of the best fitness staff going around! Just wait on Sharenberg his only 20! Rusling was just unlucky you can't blame the recruiters for that. He would have been a solid player if it wasn't for his shoulders
Sharenbergs and ruslings injuries had nothing to do with the fitness staff.

Well one down and a grand final to go and then it starts with alot more players meeting club rumours.(1) Besides Mitch what other player will we try get from another club?
(2) Besides Moore being a tall in the draft, eg, what 3 players or type of players will we draft at our other picks??????? names and position????
Dangerfield

All the talk about Danger is that he's up himself.
Watching him at the Brownlow did nothing to make me think the talk is just talk.
Good player tool of a bloke I reckon.
Don't need him we have Freeman.

Last edited:
Watching him at the Brownlow did nothing to make me think the talk us just talk.

Plus they would want someone like Beams in return.

Watching him at the Brownlow did nothing to make me think the talk us just talk.
Who says he is up himself? Seen him a bit around and comes across as a larikin but very easy to approach and a funny guy.
He is more then just a good player, he is one of the stars of the comp and to say we dont need a star player cause we have a kid who hasn't played a single min of AFL footy... :D
I agree though. I don't want a mid who gets the hard ball, breaks through packs and can mark over head and kick goals. Not what we need at all

Why would we give up Beams for an inferior player and throw in a good player as well?

I wouldn't hence my comment that I would wait till next year but if the Crows put him on the market clubs like the dees will make massive offers which you are going to have to match.

Whys that? I think it could happen... Just passing the message on anyways

Just don't think the Demons would agree with that trade.

Hope I am proven wrong. While I am not a Blair hater like some on here I think we should trade him. I think he is replaceable from within and if it involved Watts and Clarke as part of the deal I would be more than happy.

Just got word from a friend of a friend that we're looking to trade both Lamumba and Blair plus a late draft pick for Clark and Watts... Will be interesting to see if this comes to fruition :)
That sounds a bit more like a Big Footy hypothetical than something the club is actually doing. Happy for it to happen though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sounds a bit more like a Big Footy hypothetical than something the club is actually doing. Happy for it to happen though.
No it doesn't. Bigfooty hypothetical is Kyle Martin for watts and Clark.

i would very much love to get dangerfield. swan is on his last legs and another premium player would very much be good for us. whether we plan on paying alot to get him is a different question. im trying so see who are the potential big fish free agents we could have a look at in the coming 2 yrs. cause pandles and beams need help in the middle. if do happen to get clark then we need to have the ability to have solid supply to maximize our fwd returns.

There is no way we will have enough wiggle room in our salary cap to sign Dangerfield.
I think we should just concentrate on getting Beams to sign a new contract first.

There is no way we will have enough wiggle room in our salary cap to sign Dangerfield.
I think we should just concentrate on getting Beams to sign a new contract first.
If Danger doesn't mind being paid $300K for his first year but gets 700k for the next 3-4 years. We can wiggle it in, surely?

and the rest
Oh yeah, his miss's spray tan. We'll throw in a dozen brown spray cans.

spin_prod_227733601

Last edited:
Sick of hearing about Danger its not going to happen

Are you saying it won't happen or are saying you are sick of negative nellies saying it won't happen because you think it will happen?

An apostrophe, full stop or comma possibly a semi colon might be in order. Changes the ambiguity of what you wrote. (I'm told to watch out for grammar nazis) ;):)

How many VFL games did you watch last year? PK was super consistent in his performances imo. The only thing holding him back was fitness due to his OP not allowing him a preseason.

Barring no further injuries I fully expect him to break in to the 22 in 2015.

I only went to a 2 games this year.

I did note PK's injuries & lack of pre-season. He also did very well in the seconds comp in QLD. However my point is basically "we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch". He has to prove himself. PK has a good skill set, that's for sure. He didn't over-impress me when I saw him & I hope he does really well. Notwithstanding the fact he hasn't had an opportunity yet to show us his wares, PK really didn't make it for a number of reasons in the Lions first 22 when they were well down on us. I'm hoping PK does do well but he isn't a shoe in yet - I don't think I'm saying anything too remarkable.

I would love nothing more than for him to fill the (very) high expectations our supporters have for our players.

I actually love this time of year especially trade week etc. I suspect because this time of year gives us hope & we haven't lost a game yet!!

I also look forward to reading contributions from Snoop Dog & Knightmare amongst others as I value their hard work & comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back