Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't post much, however have a friend that actually work's ath the club.

Message from him to me this morning was.

" Hope you like Greenwood Nearly done"

So not 100%

now he does not give me much, however the intil he has given me is never wrong
Hope he deletes his msg's before Ed goes looking for a leak :)

Levi Greenwood is going to win North's Best and Fairest. If he is available you shouldnt even think about it, you get him. He is a quality midfielder
exactly, averaged 27 disposals this season, 2nd behind boomer. would help with clearences and can pop up and kick a goal or 2 like ....beamsy:cry:

giphy.gif

Apologies if it's been mentioned but am keen on getting Tim Membrey. shouldn't cost too much and has a couple of years of development.

So Hawthorn get Frawley and Geelong got Clark.

Both aren't great players tbh but players still wanna go to those 2 clubs. Makes me sad :(

Why wouldn't players want to go to successful sides. It is the AFL in there endeavors to have an even competition that stops it from happening. The only way you can do it, with all the sponsorship gifts being given to players in top sides, where bottom sides are struggling to even get Sponsors, is make players contract amounts be decided by the AFL by following a formula.

Hopefully Greenwood is coming relatively cheap - straight swap for Harry O would be good but he's on his way to Melbourne isn't he?

Anyway, I'd say we are looking at him to cover a little for MaCaffer missing and ready made for Beams if he goes although know where near the class. Little bit of insurance in case our youngsters don't continue to develop.

I think it's smart given where we are as long as it doesnt cost too much and upset any other potential trades.

Sure beats a number of other names being bantered around.

Certainly do need a classy user of the ball though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Holdens?

Yes, and it is happening at Collingwood too. It needs to stop. First off they need to identify it is happening, but that is not needed if you just put a formula for players wages will stop it in its tracks, because regardless of the gifts, you still need to pay fair pay for players, and fit that in the Salary cap.

a backup for karnezis?
Not just backup. I like the idea of playing tall mobile types who can stretch defences with both height and mobility. Eg Gunston, Goodes, Pavlich, etc. You can never have enough of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back