Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say I agree with Roos re Free Agency being the greatest de-equalisation policy in 100 years. Definitely makes the weak teams weaker and stronger teams stronger. Sadly for us we aren't a team the big names are choosing at the moment. It's all Hawks, Cats and Swan's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not so sure
Gaz went to GC buddy went to swans to get away from the fish bowl of footy plus his Mates are up there
Frawly has been at melb and down the bottom of the ladder since he started
His prob just chasing the wins and flag
Id prob do the same
Higgins is going to carlton I think was said etc etc
So I wouldnt say that.
Still need salary cap space so if clubs have all stars they wouldnt have room to move

I wouldnt mind seeing Cats get stronger... Hawks need obstacles to prevent a back to back to back. Cats are needing depth to make grounds they've lost to the Hawks.
Cats fans (I know anyways) are 1/10th as annoying as the Hawk fans I know.... would love for the Hawks to get knocked down a peg (again).

Swans, Cats, Port... any of these 3 to topple Hawks whilst Pies rebuild for their chance in 2-3 years time.

Most likely North's BnF winner and you're not spending a 2nd rounder?!
Do you even watch football?
Go easy mate.

I admit I haven't seen a lot of him. From what I have seen is he is slow and has average foot skills and he's not elite at anything. Yes he can win the footy, but we need footskills.

Go easy mate.

I admit I haven't seen a lot of him. From what I have seen is he is slow and has average foot skills and he's not elite at anything. Yes he can win the footy,
but we need footskills.

How does a player like that win a BnF? They don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ting-the-clubs-prospects-20141002-10pc58.html

The Age is ranking the clubs from 1-18 on who potentially has most to gain from the free agency and trade period. Brisbane is #1(top) and we're #18(bottom)!!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ting-the-clubs-prospects-20141002-10pc58.html
In all fairness, we are. I don't think there is a possible way we come out of this period as winners. And we have the most to lose in Beams. Hell, even if we somehow do get danger, we break even. That's assuming it comes part of the Beams trade and we don't have to give up more experienced players

Frawley has chosen Hawthorn as his next club. Mitch Clark chose Geelong. I am waiting for one experienced player to choose Collingwood out of all the options available.

We we not interested in Frawley.
Geelong probably offered Clark more money.
You don't go around throwing big money on Clark.
Melbourne gave him $800k or something & look at result.
Would have been on low budget, but not big bucks.
Injury prone and has only played about 15 games in 3 seasons.

We we not interested in Frawley.
Geelong probably offered Clark more money.
You don't go around throwing big money on Clark.
Melbourne gave him $800k or something & look at result.
Would have been on low budget, but not big bucks.
Injury prone and has only played about 15 games in 3 seasons.
Collingwood lost out on Mitch as they were doing due diligence, Geelong just swooped in and made him an offer. We were late with our offer so he went to them. I have no issues with us doing that as he is a risky proposition, we will see how this one pans out in a few years time.

Collingwood lost out on Mitch as they were doing due diligence, Geelong just swooped in and made him an offer. We were late with our offer so he went to them. I have no issues with us doing that as he is a risky proposition, we will see how this one pans out in a few years time.

Great call.

Pies did the right thing regarding a stringent due diligence process over Mitch Clark.

Imagine the uproar from the naysayers if we drafted him and be broke down or decided to give the game away again in mid contract?

Pretty sure if Pies were dead keen they would have offered him a contract and tied up the deal along with the Lumumba trade.

Good luck to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back