Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can get Dangerfield, then i hope we try get Greenwood as well.

If if we dont get Dangerfield, then i wouldnt bother trying to get Greenwood.

Its my weird way of looking at it.

Just saw on Adelaide board

"Dangerfield for Grundy, Broomhead and 2nd round pick"

You can keep Danger.
We are already losing Beams. Surely that would be 80% of what we would need for Dangerfield. 2 players, another pick and Beams in the one year. No thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can keep Danger.

Pick 4 and our 2nd rounder and what ever else Brisbane throw in should get that done

If Greenwood is part of the Beams deal + pick 4 I'd be OK with that, however I'm not keen on an independent deal. Let's make Brisbane do the legwork for us.

After 5-6 years in the system he has one good season and we're all over him? It just feels like Jesse White all over again where we get sucked in by a players career year and we never see that form from them again...

What I do like about him is that he's a defensive mid (not a tagger) which I believe we need more of!

Pick 4 and our 2nd rounder and what ever else Brisbane throw in should get that done

I assume you are joking BEEG. Two kids and an average player is really not fair compensation for losing a player of Dangerfield's level. This board would be up in arms if we accepted that trade for Beams. Anyway, enjoy the Copeland tonight and say hi to Bucks for me.

I assume you are joking BEEG. Two kids and an average player is really not fair compensation for losing a player of Dangerfield's level. This board would be up in arms if we accepted that trade for Beams. Anyway, enjoy the Copeland tonight and say hi to Bucks for me.

Well everybody think Beams is worth Pick 4 & pick 25

Danger is a star but so is Beams there is not a whole lot between the two

Pick 4, Pick 19, and Pick 28

I am not saying it should get it done depends how worried they are about losing him to free angency

Frawley has chosen Hawthorn as his next club. Mitch Clark chose Geelong. I am waiting for one experienced player to choose Collingwood out of all the options available.
We weren't interested in Frawley. Why would he nominate us? :drunk:

Well everybody think Beams is worth Pick 4 & pick 25

Danger is a star but so is Beams there is not a whole lot between the two

Pick 4, Pick 19, and Pick 28

I am not saying it should get it done depends how worried they are about losing him to free angency

I would be very surprised if Adelaide trade him. With a new coach coming in there is every chance he could re-sign next season. If we lose Beams for picks 4 and 25 it will be a disaster.

What if a three way trade with Melbourne becomes possible??

Collingwood lose Beams but gain pick 2 or 3 and second round pick
Brisbane lose pick 5 and second round pick but gain Beams
Melbourne lose pick 2 or 3 but gain Pick 5 and Merrett

Does this work?? Would give us the chance to snag one of the best talents in this years draft.

What if a three way trade with Melbourne becomes possible??

Collingwood lose Beams but gain pick 2 or 3 and second round pick
Brisbane lose pick 5 and second round pick but gain Beams
Melbourne lose pick 2 or 3 but gain Pick 5 and Merrett

Does this work?? Would give us the chance to snag one of the best talents in this years draft.

Can only see this working if Melbourne receive Pick 3 compo, but def not a bad suggestion.

If we get Pick 3 i wouldn't trade it, i'd take McCartin.

You can keep Danger.
I would take that trade providing we can get Pick 4 + Leuenberger for Beams

In: Dangerfield, Leuenberger, Pick 4
Out: Beams, Grundy, Broomhead, 2nd round pick.

Dangerfield coming in will mean we don't lose any quality with Beams departing.
I rate Leuenberger as a better ruckman than Grundy and although losing Broomhead hurts, Pick 4 is a good chance to be a better player.
As for the 2nd round pick, that will get replaced in the Lumumba trade.

What about this.

Melb - Lose: Pick 3, Pick 22, Pick 33 Gain: Pick 5, Merrett, Lumumba

Bris - Lose: Pick 5, Pick 24, Merrett - Gain: Beams, Pick 45

Coll - Lose: Beams, Lumumba, Pick 45 - Gain: Pick 3, 22, 24, 33

Not really in anybodies favour.
We go to the draft with 3, 8, 22, 24, 33 and try and land Danger next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back