Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't get the Beams rumors. He's knocked back GC and Brisbane already because he wanted to come to collingwood, has stated how much he loves the club that many times and has developed into an A+ grader here.

He just doesn't strike me as a player who would up and leae so easily.

How said it was Beams?

My Thought(IF it’s True):

The only Premiership Star I could leave that I can see would be Nathan Brown as we have Young KPD in the Side and Bucks and Co might stick with them

How said it was Beams?

My Thought(IF it’s True):

The only Premiership Star I could leave that I can see would be Nathan Brown as we have Young KPD in the Side and Bucks and Co might stick with them
The person who's post you quoted did.

Could just about guarantee it wont be browny. If it's even anyone from collingwood then it might be Goldsack.

My 2 cents worth regarding the Beams rumour.
A while back on one of the Black and White shows they were talking about Beams. His housemate said that he and his girlfriend are crazy in love. So even if Collingwood can't keep him in Melb maybe love will.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't it appear somewhere that a premiership star wants out?
People started jumping at shadows, (or Carlton supporters were being mischievous) and said it was Beams.
Rumours around Malceski, (premiership player) persist and now there's this, (below) about another premiership player - O'keefe.
There's 2 PP named, one wants out & the other potentially does.
Surely it's time to tell everyone to shut up about Beams and stop posting crap.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-30/okeefe-open-to-offers

More cooked than Luke Ball and Dane Swan put together

He wouldn't be playing senior football next year, however if the club threw him a Hudson style rookie deal I'd consider it.

The only reason for that is he is one of the most professional players league wide. His diet is meticulous and Ball/ Pendles aside if we brought him on board he would be the hardest trainer at the club.

I think we're lacking real professional hard workers on the training track these days and O'Keefe would provide that. I guess his role would be on the nutrition side as well as a VFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an ironic thread.
When Nick Davis decided to go to Sydney we were offered O'keefe as a trade for Davis.
We declined and took a draft pick which I presume was wasted !!!!
I say pretty dumb decision at the time and even dumber one would be to take him when his career is over !

This is an ironic thread.
When Nick Davis decided to go to Sydney we were offered O'keefe as a trade for Davis.
We declined and took a draft pick which I presume was wasted !!!!
I say pretty dumb decision at the time and even dumber one would be to take him when his career is over !

Bo Nixon pick 21.

yeah, not our finest hour.

Bo Nixon pick 21.

yeah, not our finest hour.

Yep. We then traded him to hawthorn and lost Jordan Lewis (pick 7) for a couple of draft picks. Smart recruiting.

Could we get him at the club as one of the fitness staff or a coach?

As a player, no.

We might need a new fitness coach next year. Have a feeling that the current fitness coach wont be at the pies next year :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back