Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

So what? We pick up Russell and Armstrong, meanwhile Richmond persist with guys like Shaun Hampson, Shaun Grigg, Chris Knights, Troy Chaplin, Ricky Petterd, Matt Thomas, Aaron Edwards and Orren Stephenson. To their credit, at least they managed to squeeze out some club legends like Sam Lonergan, Luke McGuane, Robin Nahas, and Tom Derickx. Oh yeah, and Matthew White (who's probably now the best of the lot.)

oh i get this game;
taylor adams (we'll see), clinton young, quintin lynch, jessie white & patrick karneszis.

oh and who did we squeeze out, the greatest footballer to ever live, Heath 'the fukin man' Shaw.

seriously though, lets not pretend we are 'better' than every other club.....

There has been talk that Dayne Beams wants to go back to play with the Lions and play with his Brother.

That would get us probably there 1st pick which is Pick 5

oh i get this game;
taylor adams (we'll see), clinton young, quintin lynch, jessie white & patrick karneszis.

oh and who did we squeeze out, the greatest footballer to ever live, Heath 'the fukin man' Shaw.

seriously though, lets not pretend we are 'better' than every other club.....
So I give you a list with 14 players, and the best you can muster is 5 players? You give a 'we'll see' to Taylor Adams, but write off Patrick Karnezis before he plays a game?

Okay then champ. If you say so..

There has been talk that Dayne Beams wants to go back to play with the Lions and play with his Brother.

I don't understand you TD. Is Beams going or not? Pick a side lol.

That rumour has done the rounds virtually every year since Beams was drafted. If Collingwood was open to it though, I wouldn't settle for less than Mayes or Hanley bundled with a lower pick (2nd/3rd round). Beams is absolute quality.

So I give you a list with 14 players, and the best you can muster is 5 players? You give a 'we'll see' to Taylor Adams, but write off Patrick Karnezis before he plays a game?

Okay then champ. If you say so..

i can list several more if that makes it more compelling reading?

and if i say so? you made the statement about richmonds recruiting policy, not me.

i can list several more if that makes it more compelling reading?

and if i say so? you made the statement about richmonds recruiting policy, not me.
I thought it was pretty obvious that the 'if you say so' reference was in regards to your terrible analysis of Taylor Adams and Patrick Karnezis. Obviously not.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the 'if you say so' reference was in regards to your terrible analysis of Taylor Adams and Patrick Karnezis. Obviously not.
oh the guy who cant kick and the guy who can't get on the ground?

those 2?

just back the the whole bedrock of the amazing discussion im regretting even starting, our recruiting and FA pickups arnt anything to write home about so lets try not to give other teams too much grief eh?

oh the guy who cant kick and the guy who can't get on the ground?

those 2?

just back the the whole bedrock of the amazing discussion im regretting even starting, our recruiting and FA pickups arnt anything to write home about so lets try not to give other teams too much grief eh?
Well considering you've well and truly missed my original point, that makes two of us who dearly regret entering conversation. Let's just agree to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely trading for Steve McKee and missing out, (along with Richmond) on Pavelich was worse.
Incidentally, we traded places with Hawthorn from 7 to 10 or something, they took, (200+) gamer Jordan Lewis and we took, (who cares how many) gamer Chris Egan.
I know who won that deal too.
When we traded pick 3 for McKee and pick 7 I think it was, we went and totally sealed the deal by drafting Danny Roach. Happy days!

Da main man you have no clue .
Adams in 20 years old. The kid can kick. Wait and see.

As for PK. Hes our Greek warrior and will be a player for us. Has pace, great kick and the hunger to play for the mighty pies.

Question is. Can you even kick.?

As for PK. Hes our Greek warrior and will be a player for us. Has pace, great kick and the hunger to play for the mighty pies.

Agreed - Read it and makes no sense what so ever.

When we traded pick 3 for McKee and pick 7 I think it was, we went and totally sealed the deal by drafting Danny Roach. Happy days!

We had pick 1 and chose Josh Fraser because we needed a ruckman.
They then threw an 18 year old Josh Fraser to get smashed by Gorillas.
We traded pick 3 for pick 7 and McKee (another ruckman).
Then we wasted pick 7 on Danny Roach and Richmond stuffed their pick on Fiora.
Pavlich and Leigh Brown went to Fremantle at pick 4 & 5.
Incidentally, Ryan O'Keefe is from that draft and was taken at pick 56.
We did get Ben Johnson at pick 62 and Leon Davis with pick 34
Some other options from that draft we could have taken with pick 7 are:
Corey Enright Pick 47, Lindsay Gilbee Pick 43, Cameron Ling Pick 38, Daniel Giansiracusa Pick 32, Paul Chapman (mad Collingwood supporter) Pick 31, Brent Guerra Pick 28, Brad Green Pick 19, Darren Glass Pick 11 & Luke McPharlain Pick 10.
I have named players that have had exceptional careers and played over 200 games.
Hindsight is a great thing.

One of late I spew about is the 2008 draft.
With Pick 45 we drafted Jarrad Blight & 46 Luke Rounds.
That year no one chose a guy called Tom Rockliff in the National Draft.
He played with Steele Sidebotton in TAC Cup GF and I think was Captain of Murray Bushrangers.
Brisbane picked him up with pick 5 in pre-season draft.
Would be a pretty handy player in our midfield ATM :rolleyes::(:cry:

Last edited:

im convinced, he's an elite kick. :cool:

whether you believe im just taking pot shots or not, that's your issue not mine. the fact of the matter is the kid can't kick at AFL level and PK has yet to play a game (for us). these are black and white facts not up for interpretation.

'wait and see' is too easy an argument left for the few w***ers sitting there nodding with a sh!tty smirk thinking they 'saw something' that no one else did.

I really hope these 2 guys are able to perform at the required level.

Answer is;
does it matter if i can kick? if i said yes im a fukin deadly kick brus, would you believe me? :rolleyes:

Agreed - Read it and makes no sense what so ever.
oh no, maybe you should make a new thread to discuss it?

I made 2 statements.

1) Adams can't kick at AFL level and 2) PK has yet to play a game.

which bit is confusing to you?

Wow. Some amazing to-ing and fro-ing going on tonight. Da Main Man potting anyone willing.

Dave has Beams off to Brisbane, Kennedy and Broomhead back to SA. So plenty of top 20 picks coming our way, Dave?

Last edited:
We had pick 1 and chose Josh Fraser because we needed a ruckman.
They then threw an 18 year old Josh Fraser to get smashed by Gorillas.
We traded pick 3 for pick 7 and McKee (another ruckman).
Then we wasted pick 7 on Danny Roach and Richmond stuffed their pick on Fiora.
Pavlich and Leigh Brown went to Fremantle at pick 4 & 5.
Incidentally, Ryan O'Keefe is from that draft and was taken at pick 56.
We did get Ben Johnson at pick 62 and Leon Davis with pick 34
Some other options from that draft we could have taken with pick 7 are:
Corey Enright Pick 47, Lindsay Gilbee Pick 43, Cameron Ling Pick 38, Daniel Giansiracusa Pick 32, Paul Chapman (mad Collingwood supporter) Pick 31, Brent Guerra Pick 28, Brad Green Pick 19, Darren Glass Pick 11 & Luke McPharlain Pick 10.
I have named players that have had exceptional careers and played over 200 games.
Hindsight is a great thing.

One of late I spew about is the 2008 draft.
With Pick 45 we drafted Jarrad Blight & 46 Luke Rounds.
That year no one chose a guy called Tom Rockliff in the National Draft.
He played with Steele Sidebotton in TAC Cup GF and I think was Captain of Murray Bushrangers.
Brisbane picked him up with pick 5 in pre-season draft.
Would be a pretty handy player in our midfield ATM :rolleyes::(:cry:
Good draft knowledge. I remember most of those.

Always disappointing have good picks that are wasted.

Ryan Cook and Stanley picks in the 20s? Don't sit well for me. Hawks had a lot of picks around us in that draft. Bailey and Beau Munston from memory.

Daniel Farmer was a bad pick for us. Fasolo went near him. 45 or 47? Farmer had injuries but didn't get a chance.

Ugle is another pick that got the chop that I thought couldve made it. Could use a crumber around goals now I would love to see Ugle. Disappointing because he was so young.

If he came in as a Hudson style rookie/coach then I'd be all for it. You won't find a more professional player in the AFL. He's obviously lost some pace but I'm really surprised he hasn't played a game for Sydney this season.
Yer, maybe 1 year on the rookie list & develop him as a future assistant coach?

Ultimately its all predictions at this stage, so no one can prove the other right.

In my opinion, both Adams and Karnezis will be fantastic players for the club.

Karnezis for Paine was a steal in particular. Adams cost us a lot and will always be scrutinised for this reason. However, he will be a gem.

I'd take him, he plays a very different role to Ball and he would add some Class and Composure in our forward line. even if you only get 15 games out of him and 20 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back