Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Pendles!

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Around 5 and I was at the game where he got injured as well. Overall I don't think he will make it in the back line any time soon, he has a long way to go if he is to make it in the team.

I am sure he could get a game in our AFL team but that would just show where we are at as a football club and I don't think we are that low yet.

I may have overreacted a little bit by saying he is a chance to be sacked but I think if he gets a game in the AFL side as a defender next season, I would be disappointed. It's taken Gault three year on our list and he still hasn't got a game and I think he has shown more at VFL level than Marsh especially since he has come back from injury.
Wasn't having a go mate , was just wondering how many times you'd seen him play.

I think he can be a good player if he cleans his skills up a bit. I just love his overall intensity. I don't think he'll be a key defender but he's pretty raw and will have learnt a lot playing down there this year.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Around 5 and I was at the game where he got injured as well. Overall I don't think he will make it in the back line any time soon, he has a long way to go if he is to make it in the team.

I am sure he could get a game in our AFL team but that would just show where we are at as a football club and I don't think we are that low yet.

I may have overreacted a little bit by saying he is a chance to be sacked but I think if he gets a game in the AFL side as a defender next season, I would be disappointed. It's taken Gault three year on our list and he still hasn't got a game and I think he has shown more at VFL level than Marsh especially since he has come back from injury.

Gault is not going to play as a defender I agree he is going to be a good prospect as a forward but if you go back to his first year Marsh is more advanced, Marsh has grown as a player with every game he has played in the backline he reads the play well has great closing speed. If he has a big pre-season and gets a bit stronger he will be ready to have a big year in 2015 he will not play every week but should be on track to play about 5 games

Marsh? Really?

I genuinely think he is a chance to be delisted at the end of the season. The guy is so far off getting an AFL game it's not funny, he has shown a bit of promise but if the club decided to keep him for next season, I doubt he would be playing an AFL game in 2015. In fact, I can't recall him being named much in the bests in the VFL this season at all.

A backline with Frost, Keefe and Marsh in the same team is extremely worrying and would have us in for and much tougher season than the one we are just having. At worst our back line should be Brown, Frost and Keefe, I would even go with just Brown and Frost with Langdon playing as third man.
You are completely wrong, and clearly haven't watched any VFL this year.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Melbourne boy, home sick, i know we would need to give a package deal, what about, lumumba, brown, thomas, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

You're thinking in completely the wrong way.

Start with 'We offer Shiel $3m over 4 years - money he cant refuse, and GWS doesnt have after re-signing Cameron'.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Marsh a chance to be delisted at seasons end?
381C1E76-CCC2-4F20-8446-72FCA6927702.JPG

The guy is so far off getting a senior AFL game, despite being an emergency 2-3 times this season alone?

Cant recall Marsh being in the bests, when actually he has been in the best around 6 times?

MAGPIE2013

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals, Man United,
One bad year and stupid commentators want ben reid traded. This guy should one of the few untouchable players when it comes to trade because there is no way of replacing a key tall like him.
I would.be looking at nathan brown as an option for trading.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Poor call re Marsh. With Martin, Karnezis and JT all missing 4-5 games I wouldn't be shocked to see him finish top 3 in our VFL B&F.

He's been ultra consistent since being moved down back with little to no support.
Said it in a VFL thread a while ago but this kid will be something special. Has already improved his disposal from the beginning of the year and he is one of those players that if he does turn it over it is 70-80 meters down field. Breaks lines and kicks long.

He is tough, fast and has a crack. He will be the best player out of that draft eventually. Nothing about him screams just a good ordinary player

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Stick to your own board Ian. You're smartass comments aren't needed all over bigfooty.

I'll note you didnt deny it was true.

GWS players are gettable, but they need to be got the way we got Scully and Lamb, not by going 'We'd like *blah*, lets off the club some pick or player we dont want'.

Pendles!

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll note you didnt deny it was true.

GWS players are gettable, but they need to be got the way we got Scully and Lamb, not by going 'We'd like *blah*, lets off the club some pick or player we dont want'.
Mate trust me, I get that a player like shiel can't be just taken from GWS for stuff all. The reality is he more than likely won't leave anyway and why would he?

I understand the frustration but don't take it so personally. The fact is 100% of bigfooty trades or suggestions never happen haha..

Grundy is untouchable. We already have 1 injury prone Reid, if cry at the thought of another

2nd That, Grundy is Untochable. He is still in my Mind the Better Ruck Prospect then Witts.

You just don’t give away great looking young Rucks

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Mate trust me, I get that a player like shiel can't be just taken from GWS for stuff all. The reality is he more than likely won't leave anyway and why would he?

I understand the frustration but don't take it so personally. The fact is 100% of bigfooty trades or suggestions never happen haha..

If someone offers Shiel $3m over 4 years, he's gawn. He's looking nervously at Kelly and WHE, and going 'I count six spots in an AFL midfield. Ward, Treloar, Scully, Cogs, WHE, Kelly ...'.

Pendles!

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
If someone offers Shiel $3m over 4 years, he's gawn. He's looking nervously at Kelly and WHE, and going 'I count six spots in an AFL midfield. Ward, Treloar, Scully, Cogs, WHE, Kelly ...'.
Oh really? Do you think he won't get a game in your midfield? Surely he'd be ahead of scully and coniglio?

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Oh really? Do you think he won't get a game in your midfield? Surely he'd be ahead of scully and coniglio?

Scully's the gut runner, and Cogs has the same combination of precise kicking and class ... but if someone offered Shiel $3m over 4, he doesnt need to make that bet.

If no-one makes him a serious personal offer, then he'll be part of the band of brothers by default. But if clubs stick to theBF stupidity of 'We'll give you a first round pick and a player whose personal terms could have seen the target signed', then Sos says 'no thanks'.

So start with 'How much cap room could we commit to *GWS target blah*'.

Jan 10, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne City & Tottenham

I really don't want Beamsy to leave and think there is next to no chance of it happening, but if it does eventuate, we deserve Leunberger and their first rounder as an ABSOLUTE minimum.

Jan 10, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Why would we want the Burger??? Injuries and we have the Grundy and Witts show moving forward
Leunberger gets himself right and he is one of the best rucks in the comp. Grundy and Witts can push forward but I must say I'm still not 100% convinced by the latter. Both are still young as well.

We do need a third ruck man either way and Brisbane have nothing else to offer. If push came to shove and Beams really wanted out, Leunberger would be a good option.

Jan 10, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Need something more then a guy who can't get on to the park
As I said, Leunberger and first rounder as the minimum. No point even talking about their Rockliff, Redden etc. as trade targets nor do they have anyone in that middle bracket that can make up another component of the deal.

If the Lions want him they'll have to cough up big time.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
HS reporting Goldsack's management are pushing for $450k a season...

Haha righto

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Omg that's so funny

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Leunberger gets himself right and he is one of the best rucks in the comp. Grundy and Witts can push forward but I must say I'm still not 100% convinced by the latter. Both are still young as well.

We do need a third ruck man either way and Brisbane have nothing else to offer. If push came to shove and Beams really wanted out, Leunberger would be a good option.
Witts has shown more than Grundy this year they will both be very good players and when they have a few more years under there belts have the potential to be the best rucks in the game. We would need something good plus pick one I just dont want a guy who can't get on the park

Back