Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Need something more then a guy who can't get on to the park
First rounder and Hanley will do me, but only if Beams wants out, which I doubt very much.
He's a keeper otherwise

Why would Brisbane trade with us for Beams when they can get him as a RFA?
Brisbane 1st & 2nd/3rd round pick for D.Beams
Melbourne first round for Brown,Harry,Thomas
Benken for Adelaide Dangerfield

2 x 1st round + ours could be 3 1st rounders if no-one bids on Darcy. OMG I'm excited.

Last edited:
First rounder and Lewis Taylor. Small yes but fast and can kick. Asking too much for pick one and Aish? At least there will be no go home factor with Taylor.

I am not an expert on this so pls don't burn me for this hypothetical :)

Collingwood's first rounder + Goldsack to Melbourne
Melbourne's First rounder to Collingwood

I suppose the thing with this is that we need a first rounder to land Moore, so it doesn't matter if we have pick 10 or pick 5. We are going to spend it on Moore anyway.

The idea is to score another 1st round pick without losing our current one so we can get Moore and someone else.

I suppose the thing with this is that we need a first rounder to land Moore, so it doesn't matter if we have pick 10 or pick 5. We are going to spend it on Moore anyway.

The idea is to score another 1st round pick without losing our current one so we can get Moore and someone else.
Yep, my thinking was that we get a early first round pick, say 2 or 3 then we are unlikely to get outbid by anyone else. So in that scenario we get Moore with our second round pick and another kid with the first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is that F/S bidding happens before trade week, so we can't trade up in hopes to get Moore with a second rounder. Best we can do is trade into the first round so that we get another pick after we've committed to Moore. Personally I don't think we need to, but people are always looking to trade Sidebottom or Brown. :confused:

Witts has shown more than Grundy this year they will both be very good players and when they have a few more years under there belts have the potential to be the best rucks in the game. We would need something good plus pick one I just dont want a guy who can't get on the park
If Sydney's Pyke is assessing his options then is he worth targeting for the short term. Depending on $ it would give us some depth in the huge hole we currently have in this area.

I really don't want Beamsy to leave and think there is next to no chance of it happening, but if it does eventuate, we deserve Leunberger and their first rounder as an ABSOLUTE minimum.

He would get about 700k in his next contract with us anyway, so doubt he'd leave for 100k p/a.

You'd ask for their first and one of their good young players as a start. Don't think you'd want leuey

If Sydney's Pyke is assessing his options then is he worth targeting for the short term. Depending on $ it would give us some depth in the huge hole we currently have in this area.
Existing best 22 ruckman are too expensive, we don't have the cap space.

I really don't want Beamsy to leave and think there is next to no chance of it happening, but if it does eventuate, we deserve Leunberger and their first rounder as an ABSOLUTE minimum.

Give us James Aish in Return then

He would get about 700k in his next contract with us anyway, so doubt he'd leave for 100k p/a.

You'd ask for their first and one of their good young players as a start. Don't think you'd want leuey

Spot on, hasn't he knocked back offers from QLD before as well?

I know how we can get a first round pick.

We quietly very quietly approach Carlton with some dream deal for their first round pick, and the same for the Bulldogs.

They hold on to their first round picks and dont nominate Moore. We snare Moore with our second pick,

And then just tell Carlton and the dogs the players didnt want to move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back