Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Pendles!

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Matz, your sarcasim is right on the mark. Our trading has been an embarassment. Bring in Lynch and lose Dawes. That was a disaster. Bring in young, Armstrong, White. What do they think these trades are going to acheive. They've been rejected or left other clubs for a reason. They're past it, or not good enough. Wake up Pies. We make Cloke a multi millionaire, and he can't even get a kick. Who are the best key position players in the league? Go find them and recruit them. Stop penny pinching with second rate players.
You should be coach..

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Totally agree. We are the biggest club and the richest club in the land yet we can't seem to land a big fish only some other teams rejects. If Armstrong and white couldn't make it at Sydney with their development system they have no hope at Collingwood....I thought lake would have been great at the pies but hawks were the only smart ones to take him.....we have holes to fill in our team so why don't we just fill them with someone decent. I know we are going the youth road and that's fine but we need some men in this team to protect them and teach the kids....at this rate our kids are teaching white and Armstrong how to play afl footy.

Or maybe Armstrong couldn't make it at Sydney because of lack of opportunity

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
Someone mentioned something about watching the movie 'Draft Day' with Kevin kostna. Just saw it on a flight to Singapore- well worth watching and thanks to the Poster who brought it to my attention!

I'm never comfortable with hearing players called soft. Every AFL player has courage, and skill, just to be out there.

Re Jesse White, as I've posted elsewhere, if you were at the MCG on Friday night, rather than watching the broadcast, you would have seen how hard he tried and how hard he worked. I dont regard his recruiting as a fail - or not yet anyway. The dynamics of our forward structure and setup should improve significantly next year, with a fit Reid and maybe Karnezis, and Elliott and Broomy also in that mix. White just might surprise us in that scenario. And if all these guys actually get to play together consistently for the year, it could be very exciting. Hell, we might get a forward structure that actually works.

I'm never comfortable with hearing players called soft. Every AFL player has courage, and skill, just to be out there.

Re Jesse White, as I've posted elsewhere, if you were at the MCG on Friday night, rather than watching the broadcast, you would have seen how hard he tried and how hard he worked. I dont regard his recruiting as a fail - or not yet anyway. The dynamics of our forward structure and setup should improve significantly next year, with a fit Reid and maybe Karnezis, and Elliott and Broomy also in that mix. White just might surprise us in that scenario. And if all these guys actually get to play together consistently for the year, it could be very exciting. Hell, we might get a forward structure that actually works.
I said exactly the same thing about how hard he worked on the night.
We got him as a 2nd or 3rd forward and back up ruckman.
Friday night he was our main target and tried his guts out.

Or maybe Armstrong couldn't make it at Sydney because of lack of opportunity
I'm pretty sure that if we hadn't picked him up he would be playing local footy.
In my opinion he is/was only ever an "in case of emergency break glass player".
The fact he got games with us shows we needed him, so mission accomplished I reckon.

ash84

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2008
Exmouth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Someone mentioned something about watching the movie 'Draft Day' with Kevin kostna. Just saw it on a flight to Singapore- well worth watching and thanks to the Poster who brought it to my attention!
Yeah I had not heard about it as it isn't really aimed at the Aust market. But was impressedimpressed

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
Surely tonight on the footy shows we might get some rumours :):rolleyes:

Last edited:

morgoth

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Rumour out of Brisbane is that they are going to offer pick 4/5 and Leunberger ( or a player with that profile) for Beams.

No indication if the Pies or Beams are interested as its early days, but he is a target.

Rumour out of Brisbane is that they are going to offer pick 4/5 and Leunberger ( or a player with that profile) for Beams.

No indication if the Pies or Beams are interested as its early days, but he is a target.
Love Beams and DONT want him to go, but I would do the deal sadly................

morgoth

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Love Beams and DONT want him to go, but I would do the deal sadly................

We don't need Leuenbrger and both GWS and GC need a ruckman so on trade him for a mid? Pock 4 and a decent mid? I would hate to lose Beams but we do have guys like Adams, Thomas and Freeman who may be able to cover some of his output. We desperately need to improve the depth of our midfield and bring in some guys with real run and carry and elite foot skills.

popin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
More like picks 4, 23 plus tom cutler cos they wouldnt give us mayes would they and a another swap of picks in 4thround or player could get it done depending on what we are looking for in return. Just get Claye to come to collingwood:)

Last edited:
Back