Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh sounds good, then on trade picks 4 and 8 to saints for pick 1 and 19. We get petracca moore and another kid in the 2nd round plus mayes.

Wouldnt trade beams unless he wanted to definately go, and i hav no idea what he is thinking.
Can't trade pick 8 & still get Moore (unles clubs don't bid for him picks below 8 & we get him 2nd round.

God I hope we don't lose Beams, the main reason we got smashed in games late this year was because our midfield ran about 3 deep, usually against sides with 7-8 mids.

If we trade Beams and don't get a mid in return, we'd be left with only 2 class midfielder in Sidey and Pendles, with the rest being kids or part timers who have never proven themselves in the middle.

Quite simply if we lose Beams, I'd be putting money on us to finish lower than 11th next year, he's in our top 5 most important players going forward.

Rockliff + Pick 4 for Beams I would do, pick 4 and aish at the very least
First one wont happen as Beams for Rockliff in a straight swap would be pretty fair, even though i rate Beams higher.

Second one would be great.

God I hope we don't lose Beams, the main reason we got smashed in games late this year was because our midfield ran about 3 deep, usually against sides with 7-8 mids.

If we trade Beams and don't get a mid in return, we'd be left with only 2 class midfielder in Sidey and Pendles, with the rest being kids or part timers who have never proven themselves in the middle.

Quite simply if we lose Beams, I'd be putting money on us to finish lower than 11th next year, he's in our top 5 most important players going forward.

Beams is contracted next year isn't he? I would have thought he is firmly in the untouchable group.

Beams is contracted next year isn't he? I would have thought he is firmly in the untouchable group.
Yeah that's basically what I was saying, unless he absolutely comes out and says he wants to leave, we shouldn't even entertain the thought of trading him.

Yeah that's basically what I was saying, unless he absolutely comes out and says he wants to leave, we shouldn't even entertain the thought of trading him.

Agree - and What he has said. Is that he is loving his time at Collingwood and Melbourne

if we did get pick 4 for beams would we have to use that on moore if someone nominates him before pick 4?
im not sure how it all works

Beams could just walk at the end of next year. We need him to sign a extension asap. Otherwise next year will just be about Beams.

He and the Club are already in Discussion's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys from watching Gws I am interested in plowman and buntine both look like future great defenders. Also Hoskin Elliot in my opinion is the most talented and gifted player in the afl and looks like an absolute beauty! Cam MacArthy also looks preety good!

Guys from watching Gws I am interested in plowman and buntine both look like future great defenders. Also Hoskin Elliot in my opinion is the most talented and gifted player in the afl and looks like an absolute beauty! Cam MacArthy also looks preety good!
Can't we just merge with them & win 3 flags in a row like Brisbane?

Hoskin Elliot in my opinion is the most talented and gifted player in the afl and looks like an absolute beauty!

Reminds me of a modern version of Robert Flower.

The kid also has rare courage and disregard for his own safety, He's a ripper simply wearing the wrong colors.

Hoskin Elliot would be worth two top 10 picks in my opinion he is an absolute superstar

Hoskin Elliot would be worth two top 10 picks in my opinion he is an absolute superstar

Guys, can you please not post about the merits of players based on whether they attended private, public, Catholic schools etc? Its going nowhere, and manages to insult pretty much the breadth of posters.

They are not long odds they will play. They were injured mid august with an 8 month recovery time 8-9 months they will be good to go between round 2-6

I'd like that to be the case and even if it is they will need a bit of a pre season and some VFL. We could still do with a rookie to take us to mid year.

I'd be surprised if either Caff or Scharenberg are playing AFL before round 11. I'll be more than happy for you to dig this post up if you're right though!

I'd like that to be the case and even if it is they will need a bit of a pre season and some VFL. We could still do with a rookie to take us to mid year.

I'd be surprised if either Caff or Scharenberg are playing AFL before round 11. I'll be more than happy for you to dig this post up if you're right though!
You can do a lot of strait like running during rehab one of my mates is coming back from an ACL at the moment, when they are cleared to come back they will be fit. But yes they will need time in the VFL

Spoke to Derek Hine at the forum, Goldy will stay, Broomy has signed for 2 years and Dayne Beams is contracted, (which we knew) but he confirmed that his Mum has now moved here, (his sister was already here).

Spoke to Derek Hine at the forum, Goldy will stay, Broomy has signed for 2 years and Dayne Beams is contracted, (which we knew) but he confirmed that his Mum has now moved here, (his sister was already here).
So your telling me his mum lives in Vic as well his sister and extended family yet brisbane fans still tell you he wants to come home to his brother and hid dad. we are a bigger chance of getting Claye

Great news on Broomy.
I'm sure a Beams is going no where....can't leave his mum in Melbourne!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back