Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

[mod edit]

The title of this thread has been changed to identify that this is now the consolidated thread for all FA rumours, stories, and wishful thinking. Any new threads started on individual free agents, or potential trades, will be merged with this thread.

[mod edit]

I know it's still early days, but I've already seen a bit of 'news' floating around about speculation of free agents landing themselves at Collingwood, so I figured I'd make the one go-to thread for all Collingwood related information.

So if you have yourself a rumour (or fact), about contract negotiations, free agents or trades then this is the place to post it!

I'll get the ball rolling and say that if Shaun Higgins were to be a Collingwood player next season then I wouldn't be opposed. Could be a class player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at the Moment stuff by 90% rumour as not team would have Settled on who they are Chasing and Who they would Draft.

Though I guess we might of with Darcy Moore:thumbsu:

I'll get the ball rolling and say that if Shaun Higgins were to be a Collingwood player next season then I wouldn't be opposed. Could be a class player

Could be but is way to Injury Prone and we don’t want more Injuries

There is a strongish rumour around that we are interested in Dylan Shiel from GWS.
But I also heard he was contracted for next year....so it could be crap

I say it’s BS.

Well there was talk we are into Jonathan O’Rourke from GWS

Higgins im unsure about, has the injury prone tag but to his credit hes played 120 games and every game so far this season. Hes skillful, but what position would he play for us?

Higgins im unsure about, has the injury prone tag but to his credit hes played 120 games and every game so far this season. Hes skillful, but what position would he play for us?
Outside wing, half back flank or half foward flank. Similar to Dale Thomas. I haven't seen much of him this year, I mostly watched him in his early days, where he was compared to Murphy, Thomas and Pendlebury. He was in that bracket of players early on and if not for injures he wold be considered a gun.

I doubt Higgins would be on the table. Very solid year for the Doggies across half back and finally seems to be back on track fitness wise. You would expect him to push back into the midfield next year with a solid pre-season.

I'm hearing things about O'Rourke from GWS. He has been named this week so will take a close look at him. Former pick 2 who has barely played in 2 years, so surely his trade value isn't that high...but Dom Tyson didn't play a heck of a lot either yet still secured a pick 2 for GWS. They would want another senior player I would think though.

I doubt Higgins would be on the table. Very solid year for the Doggies across half back and finally seems to be back on track fitness wise. You would expect him to push back into the midfield next year with a solid pre-season.

I'm hearing things about O'Rourke from GWS. He has been named this week so will take a close look at him. Former pick 2 who has barely played in 2 years, so surely his trade value isn't that high...but Dom Tyson didn't play a heck of a lot either yet still secured a pick 2 for GWS. They would want another senior player I would think though.

Not that this makes a difference to him being available but I believe he has been dropped this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Senior Players would you put for a Trade for O’Rourke?

1st Round Pick will be out of Play

I saw that someone with a lot of credibility was hinting in another thread that Brody will be traded .....
Interesting...
I'd be happy to trade out H. I don't think we need both him and Young in the same team. I think we might get more for H than Young and despite Young dropping a mark last week, I'd rather him in our team than H.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back