Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Really struggling to understand how we all of a sudden have no money considering we could have matched Daisy's offer but chose not to, add that to the retirement of Maxwell and the Pending retirement of Lynch plus other delistings, also Shaw leaving for Adams (don't tell me they are on the same coin) Just doesn't make sense to me.

Personally believe the club has a target in mind and are just throwing people off the scent.

Well this will make you laugh.

I was told last week that Cameron is on the way to the Pies. I even had the source of the story named and it was an ex pies champ. Of course as is always the case, no mention of how we would do the deal ie who would be traded. I am trying to get this side of the story but I doubt I will as it I cannot see it happening.

I was told last week that Cameron is on the way to the Pies. I even had the source of the story named and it was an ex pies champ. Of course as is always the case, no mention of how we would do the deal ie who would be traded. I am trying to get this side of the story but I doubt I will as it I cannot see it happening.

I was thinking for us not to make a play at Frawley we must have a bigger plan in place we seem way to quiet atm

Doubt it will happen but it would explain a few things

Really struggling to understand how we all of a sudden have no money considering we could have matched Daisy's offer but chose not to, add that to the retirement of Maxwell and the Pending retirement of Lynch plus other delistings, also Shaw leaving for Adams (don't tell me they are on the same coin) Just doesn't make sense to me.

Personally believe the club has a target in mind and are just throwing people off the scent.
I assume that they have spare TPP that is earmarked for 2015 new contracts & for young players deserving more $$. However, i also agree that the club would be playing ducks & drakes with the media on this.
Why tell your opposition teams & player managers how much you have in the bank. Doesn't make commercial sense.

I was thinking for us not to make a play at Frawley we must have a bigger plan in place we seem way to quiet atm

Doubt it will happen but it would explain a few things

Its crap. I am pretty harsh re trade rumours and in reality you are going to have to give up an A grader and I came up with 4 and half, Pendles (captain, so no), Cloke (too old), Reid (want to keep), Beams (only one I could see possibly going) and Sidey (just not there yet).

Then you would have to add another good or promising player, maybe Frost or Witts (they have a need for each). As our first rounder is committed to Darcy then we cannot use that.

So a deal of Beams and Witts/Frost would be what was required to even get half serious and if Beams wants to go to QLD (home) then Brisbane or GC might be a third party.

The only other possible left field play is that Broomhead is traded to port for something to deal to GWS or to replace something we let go in the deal.

When you look at it in reality it becomes pretty apparent that there is no way we could get it done.

But its fun.

I assume that they have spare TPP that is earmarked for 2015 new contracts & for young players deserving more $$. However, i also agree that the club would be playing ducks & drakes with the media on this.
Why tell your opposition teams & player managers how much you have in the bank. Doesn't make commercial sense.

The more logical explanation may be that we are forward paying contracts to free up cash for 2015 and maybe 2016 ie we have our eyes on someone in that period. When do the GC kids start to become free agents?

Fingers crossed. I'd love to have Cameron at the Pies... but it scares me to think what we might have to give up to get him.

As our first rounder is committed to Darcy then we cannot use that.

Sorry I need this explained to me. The Trade period comes before the Draft. So if we trade away our first pick, we have to nominate to pick up Moore with our BEST pick, which would be our second round pick. So long as we nominate to get him with our first available pick, then it is ok right? Meaning we can trade away our first rounder?

Sorry I need this explained to me. The Trade period comes before the Draft. So if we trade away our first pick, we have to nominate to pick up Moore with our BEST pick, which would be our second round pick. So long as we nominate to get him with our first available pick, then it is ok right? Meaning we can trade away our first rounder?

No, we can't.

Father/Son nominations happen before the Trade window.

Otherwise, the Bombers could have gotten Daniher for a 3rd rounder...

Its crap. I am pretty harsh re trade rumours and in reality you are going to have to give up an A grader and I came up with 4 and half, Pendles (captain, so no), Cloke (too old), Reid (want to keep), Beams (only one I could see possibly going) and Sidey (just not there yet).

Then you would have to add another good or promising player, maybe Frost or Witts (they have a need for each). As our first rounder is committed to Darcy then we cannot use that.

So a deal of Beams and Witts/Frost would be what was required to even get half serious and if Beams wants to go to QLD (home) then Brisbane or GC might be a third party.

The only other possible left field play is that Broomhead is traded to port for something to deal to GWS or to replace something we let go in the deal.

When you look at it in reality it becomes pretty apparent that there is no way we could get it done.

But its fun.

OR

We don't take Darcy Moore.

But its fun.

Beams for Cameron they would have to throw something in or it would be a straight swap

I would rather keep Beams

Beams for Cameron they would have to throw something in or it would be a straight swap

I would rather keep Beams

We would have to offer more than just Beams. Gun forwards are a lot harder to find than mids. And GWS have some pretty good young mids coming through. Its why I think its crap, no way we could get it done without damaging ourselves badly.

We would have to offer more than just Beams. Gun forwards are a lot harder to find than mids. And GWS have some pretty good young mids coming through. Its why I think its crap, no way we could get it done without damaging ourselves badly.
3 way trade.

Leuenberger + something to GWS
Cameron to COLL
Beams to BRIS

?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams isn't going anywhere.
Not saying he is, but that won't stop clubs trying to lure him when he becomes a FA or a year before he does, especially Brisbane.

I personally would be shocked if he left though , just throwing trade scenarios out there.

Not saying he is, but that won't stop clubs trying to lure him when he becomes a FA or a year before he does, especially Brisbane.

I personally would be shocked if he left though , just throwing trade scenarios out there.
The only way you'll get Beams is that we come out on top and screw you severely. Now go and have a think about it.

Even with wage earmarked for young players, the money wouldn't be huge and any big rises for Beams and co would be at the expense of mid range drifters and money freed up post retirements.

Jolly, Didak, Shaw, Thomas, Johnson. That is big coin gone and with the like of Swan, Maxwell and Ball on the last stretch I just can't see how we don't have money sloshing around given Pendles and Cloke signed up on long deals two years ago.

Further, you can't tell me that you wouldn't let go of some mid priced players to accommodate an upgrade. Given Collingwood has squeezed out some experienced talent for picks and youth I can see us squeezing some B graders to get a better player.

Didn't rocket say on the weekend that we do not have any salary cap to sign up Frawley? Implication that we will not be landing any big fish this off season.

Do you 100% Believe Him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back