Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Only becomes an issue when they organise a party then want to know why you didn't turn up.

They both live interstate so wouldn't be going anyway ;) Just a case of too many boring posts (what I had for lunch, what my baby did) from one and too many political ones from another. Both relatives so didn't want to un-friend them but when everytime you go on FB you end up cursing at your phone/PC it's time to do something!

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Calling a war memorial 'stupid' is pretty low, especially given the importance to this country. People regularly visit memorials to pay their respects because they're decent human beings, try telling them it's a stupid memorial. I tend to agree with the poster above, you would be outraged if someone urinated on a mosque. I'd like to see you call that a non issue because it's just a 'stupid mosque' . Bellend.

Oh so someone else who thinks they know how I would react to something... great work, bro -

Someone's decency has nothing to do with whether or not they pay their respects or not to a symbolic piece of marble/concrete - and everything with how you treat your fellow human...

I have a question. I have 'un-followed' a couple of my facebook friends because they post too many updates that are of no interest to me. Do they/will they know that I have un-followed them? (i.e. do they get a notification about it?).
Nope.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Nope. Same deal if you un-friend someone, they won't get a notification about that either.
A week ago I got a notification saying "so and so friend is following you". Since they were already a friend I though it was strange. Turns out they deleted me so not sure if that is a glitch that tells you when someone has deleted you or she actually decided just to follow me.

A week ago I got a notification saying "so and so friend is following you". Since they were already a friend I though it was strange. Turns out they deleted me so not sure if that is a glitch that tells you when someone has deleted you or she actually decided just to follow me.
Follow is different to friending someone.

Theres also an option to just not receive someones updates, which is what I'm assuming the initial person did.

And that wouldn't notify them, I wouldn't think.

PowerbaII

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 14, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh so someone else who thinks they know how I would react to something... great work, bro -

Someone's decency has nothing to do with whether or not they pay their respects or not to a symbolic piece of marble/concrete - and everything with how you treat your fellow human...
If you were a decent human being you would know that a war memorial means a lot to people, especially the families of people who've died for this country giving ignorant *******s like you the freedom to be able to spout your s**t on here. To call it a stupid war memorial is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Gallipoli had nothing to do with our freedom, bro

edit: got confused with threads, this one isn't about ANZAC Day....

If war memorials (in general) are symbolic monuments celebrating people who fought for our 'freedom', then that suggests that I have the freedom to call them stupid, even if you don't agree

PowerbaII

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 14, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If war memorials (in general) are symbolic monuments celebrating people who fought for our 'freedom', then that suggests that I have the freedom to call them stupid, even if you don't agree
Isn't that what I just said? They fought to give us freedom so *******s like you can say whatever you like. That doesn't excuse you from being a dick head and spitting it back in their face, however.
Please have the balls to say this at your local RSL on ANZAC Day. I'd love to see every last fist knock some sense into you.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
that would be extremely antagonistic of me to do that at an RSL on ANZAC Day - as a decent human being, I wouldn't do that, because it wouldn't be fun for anyone..

I have never, and would never, spit in anyone's face, and I would think that would be rather gross to do so - Pissing on a war memorial (which, I might add, I've never done) isn't anywhere near the same as spitting in someone's face. A war memorial is an inanimate object. To correlate the two is hyberbolic on your part and actually highlights my point that people put too much weight in simple symbolic objects

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Follow is different to friending someone.

Theres also an option to just not receive someones updates, which is what I'm assuming the initial person did.

And that wouldn't notify them, I wouldn't think.

This is what I really want to do but couldn't find where to do this so used the option to not follow them (assuming that was it). Can you tell me where this option is?

PowerbaII

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 14, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
that would be extremely antagonistic of me to do that at an RSL on ANZAC Day - as a decent human being, I wouldn't do that, because it wouldn't be fun for anyone..

I have never, and would never, spit in anyone's face, and I would think that would be rather gross to do so - Pissing on a war memorial (which, I might add, I've never done) isn't anywhere near the same as spitting in someone's face. A war memorial is an inanimate object. To correlate the two is hyberbolic on your part and actually highlights my point that people put too much weight in simple symbolic objects
Calling a war memorial stupid is antagonistic too, but you feel safe to do it in the safety of your home behind a computer screen. Not only are you a s**t bloke, you're also a coward.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
That's bullshit mate -

Just sayin my opinion, that's how I feel. Going and saying it at an RSL on ANZAC Day is a waste of everyone's time. I think the church is stupid too but I'm not going down on Easter Sunday and tell Christians that God is a joke...

That doesn't mean I'm a coward, it's just that I understand that others have the freedom to believe what they want to -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I really want to do but couldn't find where to do this so used the option to not follow them (assuming that was it). Can you tell me where this option is?
Go to a post of their's and in the top right corner there should be like a greyish arrow pointing down, which gives you a few options.

Attachments

• bumping.png
    bumping.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 2

PowerbaII

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 14, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's bullshit mate -

Just sayin my opinion, that's how I feel. Going and saying it at an RSL on ANZAC Day is a waste of everyone's time. I think the church is stupid too but I'm not going down on Easter Sunday and tell Christians that God is a joke...

That doesn't mean I'm a coward, it's just that I understand that others have the freedom to believe what they want to -
A freedom you wouldn't have if it weren't for the diggers who gave their lives protecting the country, which we honour and respect with "stupid" memorial sites around the country.

Thanks, that's what it did, choosing the unfollow option.
nah i didnt go unfollow, i just went "hide all"

dno whqat the unfollow thing is but i wouldnt worry about it too much

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nah i didnt go unfollow, i just went "hide all"

dno whqat the unfollow thing is but i wouldnt worry about it too much

Hmm, interesting, I didn't get the option to 'Hide all' :confused: I only got "I don't want to see this (see fewer posts like this)" or "Unfollow X (Stop seeing post from X but stay friends)" .

A freedom you wouldn't have if it weren't for the diggers who gave their lives protecting the country, which we honour and respect with "stupid" memorial sites around the country.
Ever read Owen or Sassoon mate?

Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC

How many Australian soldiers have died actually protecting this country? - There's been one attack on Australian soil, an air raid on Darwin in the 40s - and some of the campaigns in South East Asia during the same war could be argued legitimately contributed to actually protecting this land..

Gallipoli had nothing to do with protecting Australia

The current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with protecting Australia

Vietnam and Korea had nothiing to do with protecting Australia...

PowerbaII

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 14, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How many Australian soldiers have died actually protecting this country? - There's been one attack on Australian soil, an air raid on Darwin in the 40s - and some of the campaigns in South East Asia during the same war could be argued legitimately contributed to actually protecting this land..

Gallipoli had nothing to do with protecting Australia

The current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with protecting Australia

Vietnam and Korea had nothiing to do with protecting Australia...
Had the allies lost, the world would be a very different place. Countless Australians have died protecting this land no matter how you try to spin it. Your hatred and disrespect for the fallen is frightening, even if you do oppose wars. Seek help.

PowerbaII

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 14, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
... It's a piece of concrete, mate...

get over it
You're a selfish prick hey. You still fail to recognise that symbolic memorials mean a lot to many people, and they will be deeply offended when people urinate on them or call them stupid and meaningless. Don't bother about seeking help by the way, you're beyond repair.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
"Hi, I'd like to book an appointment to see a counsellor, I need some help"

"What exactly is your problem, sir?"

"Well, I tend to believe that symbolic landmarks such as war memorials aren't that important, and tend to glorify imperialistic military campaigns... but some guy online said that I needed to seek help because he couldn't comprehend that I would have an opinion like this"

"oh ok - Well luckily we have counsellors that deal exactly with this specific issue"

"Oh fantastic, when is the next appointment?"

"I can get you in next Friday at 2.30pm"

"Great - See you then"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back