Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

grumpythecat

Senior List
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do your friends approve of you posting recordings of your farts?
I post them to my cousin who is on fb. He approves. But they get sent to his mobile.
I haven't posted them up on facebook. I don't intend to doing that either.
Syd and a couple of others have had to put up with a few pranked emails from me.

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Its seems she was lost for spelling, punctuation and grammar geez. My eyes are burning like her badger after reading that.

Matt Stevic

Privileged White Cis Male Scumbag
Oct 29, 2012
Maryborough VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Parramatta Eels, Arsenal, The Exers
Does anyone else just wish Facebook was never invented? It makes life so hard and I'm thinking of ditching it all together.

Talking to someone on Facebook is really really hard compared to talking face to face or on the phone. I feel so exposed sometimes. I realise I may be alone with that opinion though, my brother doesn't agree. And he is much more introverted than me

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone else just wish Facebook was never invented? It makes life so hard and I'm thinking of ditching it all together.

Talking to someone on Facebook is really really hard compared to talking face to face or on the phone. I feel so exposed sometimes. I realise I may be alone with that opinion though, my brother doesn't agree. And he is much more introverted than me
I don't have it and love that I don't. If you ditch it, you won't notice it affecting you too much.

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Currently on day 3 of Facebook deactivation. It's pretty easy to stay off and avoid temptation as long as you're busy. when you're alone and idle you have to really fight to not log back on.

Will report back after a week of no FB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently on day 3 of Facebook deactivation. It's pretty easy to stay off and avoid temptation as long as you're busy. when you're alone and idle you have to really fight to not log back on.

Are you on here more?
Genuine question too.

Illinois Nazi

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
I have the same problem with BigFooty.

When I deactivated my Facebook in 2012, I joined BigFooty to keep myself busy.

I've deactivated my Facebook a couple more times since then. I once had to reactivate my account for a uni group assignment.

I could probably live without Facebbok to be honest, I'm not a big poster and seeing posts of things other people do makes me feel sad.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

Its been approx 6 months for me, stay strong bra.

BALKAN

Cancelled
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Its been approx 6 months for me, stay strong bra.

pros/cons? any noticeable improvements in your mood or behaviour (both online and offline)?
I was thinking of just going off temporarily until the end of the semester, but if I can go 2 months with no FB then I don't see why I'd ever need to use the bloody thing again.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
pros/cons? any noticeable improvements in your mood or behaviour (both online and offline)?
I was thinking of just going off temporarily until the end of the semester, but if I can go 2 months with no FB then I don't see why I'd ever need to use the bloody thing again.

All pro's, really only con is losing accessible contact info to people you have met overseas. Everyone else that is worth talking to you have their mobile number, anyways.

I don't know what everyone is up to so it's good when you catch up to have a conversation where the words "yeah I saw that on facebook" aren't mentioned.

As for mood/behavior I use to get a little annoyed when friends/family would write rubbish or someone would post narcissistic things. After all some people are completely different individuals on social media as opposed to "real life". Exposed a lot less to ignorant points of view as well which is good for your sanity.

BALKAN

Cancelled
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
All pro's, really only con is losing accessible contact info to people you have met overseas. Everyone else that is worth talking to you have their mobile number, anyways.

I don't know what everyone is up to so it's good when you catch up to have a conversation where the words "yeah I saw that on facebook" aren't mentioned.

As for mood/behavior I use to get a little annoyed when friends/family would write rubbish or someone would post narcissistic things. After all some people are completely different individuals on social media as opposed to "real life". Exposed a lot less to ignorant points of view as well which is good for your sanity.

That's great to hear. You don't realise how bad the problem is until you get rid of it.

Deactivating your Facebook is the new veganism.

Not gonna lie, I do already feel vastly superior to these sheeple living under the thumb of Lord Zuckerberg. I am a revolutionary. They will write folk songs about me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back