Preview Faceoff Round 22- Adelaide vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Lever play last time we versed the Eagles?

Yes.

Changes to the teams:

Adelaide
In: Sloane, Atkins, Lyons
Out: Ellis-Yolmen, Wright, Mackay

West Coast
In: Bennell, Nelson, Newman, McGinnity
Out: Schofield, Wellingham, Masten, Selwood

(This assumes the only changes this week are Lever for Shaw, and McGovern for Wellingham)

Yes.

Changes to the teams:

Adelaide

West Coast

(This assumes the only changes this week are Lever for Shaw, and McGovern for Wellingham)
Gee, that's some class out for West Coast right there. Have a feeling this will be the best opportunity for us to get them!

Our ins since that last game are much better also.

I want to know what happened to CEY's season.
Yes.

Changes to the teams:

Adelaide

West Coast

Gee, that's some class out for West Coast right there. Have a feeling this will be the best opportunity for us to get them!

Our ins since that last game are much better also.
I'd have CEY in before Both Atkins and Lyons.

Got a bit bored and calculated the chance of us making finals (using sportsbet odds) with the rudimentary assumption that only one of Crows or Geelong can make finals i.e. no other results matter.

Geelong lose to Collingwood so we make finals: 33.7%
Geelong beat Collingwood but we beat West Coast and make finals: 31.1%
Geelong beat Collingwood but we lose to West Coast, making next week the decider: 35.2%
Assuming 50/50 against Geelong, the total chance of Crows making finals is 82.4%

Got a bit bored and calculated the chance of us making finals (using sportsbet odds) with the rudimentary assumption that only one of Crows or Geelong can make finals i.e. no other results matter.

Geelong beat Collingwood but we lose to West Coast, making next week the decider: 35.2%
Assuming 50/50 against Geelong, the total chance of Crows making finals is 82.4%
Odds probably reflect this - Adelaide to make 8 - $1.28 / Geelong to make 8 - $3.50
While I appreciate your work ..(and I do, honestly) .....Footy Gods are what I'm relying on !!!!
We are due some "luck" ... the team is due some "luck"......

This will be such an interesting game.

What will the effect of making finals be?

Will we feel like we've already achieved what we set out to do and lose the edge we've been playing with?

Or will we thrive and play free flowing football now that the shackles are off?

I think it's more likely to be the latter and we will see the best crows side we've seen all year. I can't wait.

I want to know what happened to CEY's season.

I'd have CEY in before Both Atkins and Lyons.
I love all 3 of those players, and I really rate CEY, but Atkins plays a diff role and Lyons has the better edge up forward.

CEY is just so good with his hands in congestion, very good overhead, and has improved his foot skills…I'd be happy to see him in instead of VB.

This will be such an interesting game.

Will we feel like we've already achieved what we set out to do and lose the edge we've been playing with?

Or will we thrive and play free flowing football now that the shackles are off?

Go back and have a look at loss to Port (there best game all year) earlier in the year, the Freo and hawthorn losses. We clammed up in the first half when the pressure was on. Something that plagued us, developed under Sanderson as he lost the plot without baileys support.

A few things are different, every week Worsolds input increases. We have a driven tight group. Tommorrow will be emotional, being the last home game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You couldn't add probabilities in the good old days. :p:cool:

Need to make a correction for anyone in the States. Fox Soccer Plus will not be airing game any longer. Appears to be a late week change that I noticed when I came home today. (Friday night). I know it WAS going to air--I wasn't imaging that!

Perhaps the fact we are in the finals and all the teams are set had something to do with it.

My apologies but wanted to make sure I got the correction out there.

Only way to catch game is via the stream.

You couldn't add probabilities in the good old days. :p:cool:
I saw someone calculate that their team had a 160% chance of playing finals a couple of weeks ago.

I saw someone calculate that their team had a 160% chance of playing finals a couple of weeks ago.

Port fans aren't the sharpest crayons in the box

Geelong losing last night takes a little of the urgency out of this game for you but you're still a chance to get in the top 6 and a home final first week.

Looking at those ins/outs from last time we met you are stronger with sloane in whilst schofield, Wellingham and Masten are significant outs for us

Congratulations on the making the finals too. It's a very good effort even without factoring in the tragic loss of your coach mid-season

Would really love for us to win this match, I just can't see us doing it, but I would be happy to be wrong.

Hope we push them all the way and actually get off to a decent start get the crowd in to it.

I have unnassigned western seating membership and usually sit in the top tier but want to sit down the bottom. Can anyone tell me when gates open and how hard it is to get 4-5 seats in the front section? cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back